2nd March 2018, 03:04 PM
Unregistered

How can I start preparing for CSE when I am studying in last year of graduation in Arts?

I am studying in last year of graduation in Political Science. I have just decided to give Civil Services Exam. Now, how should I start preparing for Civil Service Exam?

7th March 2018, 04:33 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I start preparing for CSE when I am studying in last year of graduation in Arts?

If you have decided to appear for Civil Service examination then you must start preparing for examination with determination, dedication, and devotion as it is among the toughest examination.

The examination is conducted by UPSC every year. The examination is conducted in three stages as:

Preliminary.
Mains.
Interview.

To get the syllabus for examination visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in. Start preparation for examination as per syllabus.
7th March 2018, 06:02 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I start preparing for CSE when I am studying in last year of graduation in Arts?

To prepare for the civil service exam, you need to focus on the few topics which are mentioned below:

- Indian Polity & governance constitution, political system, public policy, rights and
- Current events of national & international importance
- History of India & Indian National Movement
- India & world geography, economic geography of India and the world
- Economic & Social Development sustainable development, poverty, inclusion, demographics, social sector and initiatives
- General issues on environmental ecology and bio diversity
- General science
- Comprehension
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision making & problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy like numbers and their reactions, orders of magnitude, data interpretation, charts, graphs, data sufficiency and etc.,
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills

The above mentioned are the topics which you need to focus. So that you can clear your civil service exam.

For more details about the notifications, application forms, eligibility requirements and other details visit the official website of UPSC.
7th March 2018, 09:32 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The acronym CSE stands for Civil Services Examination.

Eligibility criteria:

1. Academic qualification: Bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university.

2. Age criteria: 21-32 years.

Preparation strategy:

1. Read NCERT books first, from standard 6th to 12th of science and social science.

2. Make a habit of reading newspaper daily.

3. Make short notes on each topic you read, syllabus is diverse, read, repeat and revise is the trick.

4. Practice mock questions as much as possible.

5. Develop answer writing practice and see last year papers.
8th March 2018, 07:49 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am studying in last year of graduation in Political Science. I have just decided to give Civil Services Exam. Now, how should I start preparing for Civil Service Exam?
The Civil Service Examination is a nationwide competitive exam in India conducted by the Union Public Service Commission for recruitment to various civil services of the Government of India including the IAS, IFS, IPS among others.

Civil Service Examination is conducted in two phases- a preliminary examination consisting of two-objective type papers and a Main examination consisting of nine papers of essay type followed by the personality test.

Following are the some tips to prepare for IAS exam:

- First and foremost to prepare for the Civil Service examination you should know the exam pattern like how many questions? what type of questions? objective or descriptive type of questions will be coming for civil service examination. So, firstly you should be know the pattern of examination.

- You should know the exam syllabus

- Manage your time efficiently and prepare a time table

- Remember to have a good books and self made notes

- Take mock test at regular interval

- Start preparation early, because this exam contains a huge syllabus

- Make short notes and mind maps on a regular basis. They will help you to boost your memory

- Discuss topics with your friends who is also preparing for the exam

- If required you can even join the IAS coaching institute as well. Coaching will help you to prepare well by taking exam at a regular interval, they will guide you whenever you have a doubt. So, you can join the coaching institute early before the exam start.
9th March 2018, 03:06 AM
Ankitt lamba

The best way to start civil services is to start reading NCERT books.After that you can go for coaching.They will give you the whole material and handouts to prosper your preparation.Choose your subjects wisely.
That's all.STUDY HARD
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?