10th January 2013, 01:25 AM
Unregistered

How to join marine from 2nd year?

sir. Now i doing engg. In mechnical 1st year and i want to join marine from 2nd year. Is it possible. If yes, please give me fee detail of govt college.with name of college. Also selection process.

Related Questions:
  1. What should I do to join marine engineering if I am studying 2nd year diploma in Mechanical field?
  2. Should I join marine engineering college?
  3. Qualifications required to join Marine Engineering? Can I join it after ECE? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. How to join marine engineering after studying B.E Mechanical Engineering?
  5. How to join marine engineering 1 year course after completing my degree in Mechanical Engineering? What is the procedure?
  6. Cutoff marks for 2nd year Marine Engineering?
  7. Am I eligible for Marine courses pursuing final year of BE in ECE from Tamil Nadu? Which Marine course is best for me? Best Institutions for this course?
  8. How to join PG course in marine engineering after my UG? Which institute is best to study marine in India? Is there any entrance exam for marine engineering?
  9. Good shipping companies which provides one year course in marine engineering(to join merchant navy)?
  10. What's the duration of training period in Marine engineering? How can I apply for Marine engineering after completing B.E? I've done B.Tech(Mechanical engineering)
  11. Procedure to apply for Aeronautical or Marine engineering? I have completed 2nd year computer engineering diploma
  12. How can I join Marine engineering after Diploma in marine engineering? What would be the fee structure?
  13. How to join Marine engineering course after studying 12th? How to get scholarships to attend marine engineering?
  14. How to join B.E marine after passing diploma marine?
  15. What should I do after joining in marine? I am studying mechanical 3rd year
  16. Complete details about Marine engineering course
  17. How to join marine engineering college after finishing 2nd PUC?
  18. Eligibility to get admission in 2nd year of B.Tech(Marine Engineering) if completed diploma in Electronics and Telecommunication? -- [New]
10th January 2013, 01:08 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join marine from 2nd year?

If I am not wrong, the reason for you interested in changing the B.Tech stream to marine engineering seems to be Merchant Navy. I believe you want to work in Merchant Navy which is why you are interested in changing the stream.

In that case you should not really change the stream. It is because, Mechanical Engineers are also eligible for jobs in Merchant Navy. There are several officer level jobs in merchant navy for the Mechanical Engineering stream candidates.

Therefore It would not be wise to change the stream. If you still want to do it then you will have to check with your college. Most of the colleges allow candidates to change the stream in second year.

However there may be some rules. For example, some college don't allow candidate to change stream if he had failed in one of the subjects.

In my view there is no need to go through the entire process of changing the stream. The B.Tech graduates in Electrical/Mechanical/Technology are eligible for direct officer level jobs in the merchant navy.

These jobs are as good as a marine engineer can get in the merchant navy. The salary would be good and the job will come with all the additional perks that makes merchant navy so lucrative for the youngsters.

Please remember that B.Tech graduates of Mechanical/Electrical/Technology streams have to go through 9 months long pre sea course in marine engineering from meri to get the job in merchant navy through direct entry.
10th January 2013, 06:57 PM
Tarunj94

Hello friends,

Not possible from 2nd year,you have to begin from 11th year.

Download this file and get the admission procedure and fees details:

Admission-Instruction-full-2013_1.pdf

thank you
11th January 2013, 08:47 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Sorry there is no procedure through which a 1st year Mechnical Engineer student can join 2nd year of Marine Engineering.

You have to take admission in 1st year Marine Engineering if you want to join this course.

For Marine Engineering course one must be 10+2 pass with physics and mathematics.
The admission will be based on the rank in the entrance examination.

Hence if you want to join Marine Engineering then you have to apply for entrance examination for Engineering courses and get a good rank so that you get the college you want.

The fee in Government colleges is low as compared to private colleges . Those who get good rank will get the Government colleges.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?