29th August 2011, 03:51 PM
indusri8385

How may I get scholarship in GATE(Counselling)? I want to do ME

if am getting ME seat(govt quota) to self financing collge through GATE(counselling) score, will i get scholarship?
in govt college the scholarship is Rs.8000

28th September 2015, 01:13 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How may I get scholarship in GATE(Counselling)? I want to do ME

Actually it is not the scholarship but the stipend offered to the candidates for doing master's degree in technology who has qualified the Graduate Aptitude test in Engineering. University Grants Commission gives stipend to all the candidates who have qualified the GATE exam and pursue master's degree in technology or engineering in any discipline.

As per the latest notifications, the stipend has been increased to Rs 12,800. So if you have qualified the GATE exam and willing to pursue M.Tech, you will get the scholarship, the condition is that your institute must be recognized for the course by AICTE. So make sure that the self financing college in which you want admission is recognized or not otherwise take admission in government college.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?