15th February 2011, 01:06 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare for GATE exam?

I am in first year student of in chemical engg. In b.e. Then how can prepare to gate exam

24th February 2011, 09:12 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for GATE exam?

hi..
you can give the gate exam only in third year or final year or after the completion of your graduation,
as you are still in third year you have plenty of time to prepare for the gate exam,
concentrate on your studies now and try to bring good marks in the university exam,
try to make your basics strong in the subjects because in the gate exam generally they test your understanding of the basics,
also follow the standard text books and also have the materials of ace academy or brilliant tutorials with you so that you can also alternatively keep solving gate level problems
also attend some coaching after the completion of second year that will be really helpful
24th February 2011, 09:26 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

The preparation of GATE exam needs a lot of attention & perfection .So you must be well practiced in your subject.One thing is more important that though you can go do a little syllabus but that must be a perfect in all aspects means the marks in that syllabus will be full.
You can get the GATE preparation material from-

http://www.onestopgate.com/gate-study-material/chemical-engg/

You can also refer some books as-
1. Gate Guide_1Chemical Engineering
2. Gate Paper Chemical Engineering
3. Gate Chemical Engineering - Sumitra Professional Career Series Agricultural Engineering Books
4. Gate Guide Chemical Engg.
24th February 2011, 11:40 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

How to prepare for GATE exam?

If Your Are Really Intrested To Prepare For GATE Examination, Then I Will Suggest You, Just Clear Your Basics First, The GATE Exams Was Not Easy, You Need Lots of Efforts To Crack This Exams, With Good Marks.

So, Please Prepare for GATE Examination According To the Syllabus. After Completing The Syllabus, The Next Step Is To Solve Previous Year Question Papers, So That You Will Be Able To Scored Good Marks In GATE Examination.

So, To Purchase and Study From the Best Books Is Also Importance. So, Please Purchase the Best Books For GATE exams And Keep Practice Regularly To Get Confidence, So, That You Will Not Face Problem While Attempt Question In GATE Exams.

Best Books For GATE Exams -

Mathematical Logic - Discrete Mathematics by Tremblay Manohar

Multiple choice questions - Timothy. J. Williams, TMH publications

Gate Question Papers - G.K.Publishers

Formal Languages and Automata theory - J.D.Ullman etal

Computer Organisation by Morris Mano

Computer Algorithms - Horowitz and Sahani.

So, Please Study From These Books And Try to solve Questions From These Given Books, And If You Find Problem, Then Please Join Some Best Coaching Institutes Near By Your City. Because Coaching Is Also Very Necessary to Crack such Type of Exams, Because they will Provide You Study Material As well As Prepare for You To Clear This Exams. So, Please Work Hard, If You Really Intrested to Crack the GATE Exams.

Rahul k
24th February 2011, 11:47 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

To prepare for GATE exam, its best that you join a GATE coaching center.

There are many coaching institutes for GATE all over India.

but coaching is not everything.

you need to do a lot of self study...because in a coaching center everyone is getting the same study materials like you.

But coaching is necessary because in centers the teachers present over strengthen your weaknesses which you can not do alone.

Emphasize on your course study, because it forms the base to prepare for GATE.

So in order to prepare for GATE, don't take your course subjects lightly....after all you are in first year.
25th February 2011, 12:39 AM
omprakash sharma

Hi,
If Your Are Really Intrested To Prepare For GATE Examination.
So, Please Prepare for GATE Examination According To the Syllabus.
YOU want to Solve Previous Year Question Papers.you knouw that GATE examination question asked from B.tech courses mostly 2nd and 3rd years syllabus.
Preparing for GATE can be as easy as preparing for your college examinations. Just take little cautions while studying any topic and do remember that GATE paper focus on your in depth knowledge of subject, your basics, presence of mind during examination etc.

I’ll recommend following while preparing for your GATE exams people may differ as this is my personnel opinion :

Always follow standard books for GATE. Try to cover complete syllabus. If not possible expertise in what ever portion of syllabus you practice.
Try preparing notes after reading every chapter/topic. This may initially take some time but will help you while revising before paper. Click here for expert tips to prepare notes for GATE.

25th February 2011, 01:28 AM
wagle
Senior Member+

hey,

To prepare for GATE exam you have to following these condition must be known,which one given below:-

1. at first you have to clear Bsics concept of all these subject first, helpful in the exam.
2. this exam is not easy to face without any kind of preparation,so pratic hard.
3. Need Lots of Efforts To Crack This Exams, With Good Marks.

*** **** NOTE *** ***
"In this exam you have to must know that you have give answer those question you know,bcoz this exam consider negative marking,wron answer effect on your marks...... "

*** Books For GATE Exams you have to consider for preparation to achive good marks:-

so,you have prefer these kind of books for your preparation,and also consider the another writer books,which one suitable for you.

" GOOD LUCK "
25th February 2011, 04:36 AM
sanjay kumar saini
Senior Member+

Hi,

3rd year student of graduation are eligible for GATE entrance exam.
If you are intrested in M.Tech degree then this is best option to do M.Tech.

GATE is a top level exam it require hard work.if you want selection in GATE you should study start from 1st year.

I advise you to select some topic from the syllabus and study them deeply.you sourly get admission in M.Tech.

25th February 2011, 12:12 PM
rks@estate
Senior Member+

Dear,

In GATE Exam, only Technical questions are asked related to your engineering branch.

So prepare Chemical Engineering Technical questions (Objective Type) from basic.

Good Luck
12th March 2011, 09:07 PM
Unregistered

i am first year engg.student in branch of chemicai engg. iwant prapre to gate exam then what i can do
14th March 2011, 01:47 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Cracking the GATE exam is so easy if your preparation for the exam is with the proper planning and if you put hard efforts towards your aim of cracking the GATE exam.

Here i am going to provide you some suggestions. Try to follow them while your preparation.

-Be strong enough in basics or fundamentals. The more strong you are in basics the more easy it for you to crack the GATE exam.

-Make yourself a time table as per the date of the examination so that you can complete the preparation in time

-Allocate time priority to the subjects. First try to concentrate on the subjects which you feel difficult.

-Buy GATE questions and answers book. Once you complete a particular unit or topic, practice the questions from the questions and answers book so that you may get an understanding of how the questions are going to be asked.

-My sincere suggestion is don't prepare for GATE exam by using soft copies because there is every chance that you may shift to any other entertainment activity in your system like music.

-All the aspirants of GATE, they must have to practice previous year question papers. Because there is every chance that the questions may repeat or the questions may ask in the same pattern as that of previous years.
28th April 2011, 01:52 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am in first year student of in chemical engg. In b.e. Then how can prepare to gate exam
u need not worry too much about that..jst concentrate maths in ur 1styear..and in the following years conc more oon core..and maths..that turns ur fate,,be clear wid the topics u study...other wise u will be easily confused losing your score for negatives
28th April 2011, 10:48 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Prefer this books,which are mentioned below,atleast 3 subjects for 5 to 6 hours daily.

1. Engineering Mechanics - Shames
2. Mechanics for Engineers- B Johnson
3. Engineering Mechanics - Mchean
4. Limit State Design - Ram Chandra
5. Surveying - Punmia
6. Strength of Material - V. N. Vazaram
7. Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering - A Singh and K R Arora
8. Strength and Meterials -UC. Jindal
9. Introduction to Mechanics of Solids
10. Basic and applied Fluid Mechanics-Garde
11. Strength of material - Gere and Timoshenko
12. Concrete Technology - M.S. Shetty
13. R.C.C. (WSM) - Shyal and Goyal
14.R.C.C. (LSM) - A.K. Jain
15. Steel Structure - L.S. Negi
16. Soil Mechanics - K.R. Arora
17. Fluid Mechanics - Modi & Seth
18.Theory of Structure (Vol - II) - Vazirani and Ratwani
19.Irrigation Engineering - S.K. Garg
20. Prestress Concrete - N. Krishna Rajee
21.Engineering Hydrology - K. Subramanya
29th April 2011, 09:36 AM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How to prepare for GATE exam?

GATE exam is the entrance for the specialization in the Extreme fields like

for an electronics student ,VLSI is the Specialization

for an Computer Science student, Web Designing will be the specialization

This Exam is known for its rigor

that means it is bit tough among the remaining entrance exams

if you don't concentrate on your preparation you have to loose hopes on your rank

if you don't get a good rank then do not do m.tech its merely waste of time

M.tech In IIT's or NIT's range of institute is only valuable these days so

follow these steps to concentrate hard on your goal

->Keep your mind and soul on the target that is getting rank in GATE

->Don't deviate your mind from your preparation

->Be serious in your preparation

->Measure your positives and Negatives towards the Syllabus

->Act accordingly, don't hesitate to take coaching all the goal is to get a good rank do anything for it.

->Test yourself with mocktests and all

Finally attempt your exam with confidence

all the best

~aditya~
20th May 2011, 06:23 PM
Unregistered

sr i m going in colege n few months ,i want to know how to should start prepare for m.tech in chemical eng. so that i could get admision in iit delhi. I would be very grateful for to u for helping me
2nd June 2011, 10:32 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
i am first year engg.student in branch of chemicai engg. iwant prapre to gate exam then what i can do
start concentrating more on basics....always follow standard books even when you study for academics...be very clear at basic concepts..never neglect your doubts..and always maintain your confidence of cracking gate...
31st October 2011, 11:15 PM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

Gate entrance is conducted by IIT's every year once,to intake qualified students for Post graduation course.

Eligibility criteria for GATE exam:
Candidate should have completed/being in final year in Engineering/Architecture/Statistical course can apply for this exam

Important dates for GATE-2012 exam:
Opening date for application form is 12th Sep 2011.
Closing date for application form is 17th Oct 2011.
Exam will be held on 29th Jan 2012.

You can apply the application form online by clicking here
1st November 2011, 12:03 AM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

the gate is must for doing m.tech in iit.you did'n attend the gate enterance exam.if you are interested you can join another institutes amoung with your marks obtained.you are economically high you can join in most popular private institutes/colleges/universites.some of the institues want enterance exam performance.you can join payment seat or write the required enterance in required institutes or next year you can write the gate exam.in tamilnadu more then 400 colleges available for m.tech.best of luck.find your way.and run run run...do not stop.
5th November 2011, 01:36 AM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.

The preparation of GATE exam needs a lot of attention & perfection .So you must be well practiced in your subject.One thing is more important that though you can go do a little syllabus but that must be a perfect in all aspects means the marks in that syllabus will be full.
You can get the GATE preparation material from-

http://www.onestopgate.com/gate-study-material/chemical-engg/

You can also refer some books as-
1. Gate Guide_1Chemical Engineering
2. Gate Paper Chemical Engineering
3. Gate Chemical Engineering - Sumitra Professional Career Series Agricultural Engineering Books
4. Gate Guide Chemical Engg.
9th December 2011, 05:29 PM
Unregistered

Sir i am persuing be 3rd year IT n i prepaire gate exam so give some guidend me..
9th December 2011, 08:05 PM
akashcg02

Quote:
I’ll recommend following while preparing for your GATE exams people may differ as this is my personal opinion :

Always follow standard books for GATE. Try to cover complete syllabus. If not possible expertise in what ever portion of syllabus you practice.
Try preparing notes after reading every chapter/topic. This may initially take some time but will help you while revising before paper. Click here for expert tips to prepare notes for GATE.
While reading any chapter/topic do ask your self following questions "What", "How", and "Why" and see improvement
Best way to prepare is to follow cycle Learn, Test, Analyze, Improve, Learn, Test, Analyze, Improve ……
Exam Crazy.com can help you when you test your self for GATE and its free.
Click here to learn effective way to use examcrazy.com test series.
Do remember that GATE is completely objective question based test. Most of time solving objective questions is tricky. Learn tips to solve GATE objective questions from GATE Tutor.
In case of doubts ask some expert or use forums to discuss questions as provided by examcrazy.com or ask me at [email protected]
Don’t worry if your percentage in university exams is low as GATE admissions do not consider them. Just maintain minimum percentage required by many colleges including IIT’s. Look at GATE Cutoff and eligibility section to know eligibility and cut off of various colleges.
Group study is one of the best ways of preparation. Divide sections/topics between you and your partner and have a brief session on topic from your friend before you actually start topic. This will save your time and efforts and will improve your and your partner’s understanding on the topic.
Normally coaching GATE is not required but if you are not able to concentrate much then this is a good option.
And remember one thing, you can apply for this exam only after your graduation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?