3rd February 2012, 05:13 AM
kisku robin

How to qualify in IAS Preliminary Exam?

How to qualify ias prelims
give me guidance for this.

12th February 2012, 01:11 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to qualify in IAS Preliminary Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kisku robin View Post
How to qualify ias prelims
give me guidance for this.
I Think you are Interested to become IAS Officer in future and for this you have to cracked the UPSC Civil services examination.

~~ This examination is Conducted by UPSC Every year and the Notification of this year examination was already Published.

~~ The Notification was already declared on 04/Feb/2012

~~ The last date of apply for this examination Online 05/March/2012

~~ Preliminary examination will be held on 20/May/2012.

If you are Interested in this examination then please fill the online application form soon before the last date.

~~ The examination fees of Civil services examination is Rs 50 and you have to pay the fees by any one of the modes :

:: Pay fees by SBI Debit/Credit Card
:: Pay fees by SBI Net Banking
:: Submit fees direct in SBI Bank

~~ To appear for this examination you must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years, the upper age limit will be relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST candidates, by 3 years for candidates of OBC.

~~ If you have completed your Graduate degree course in any discipline from recognised university then you are eligible for this examination.

~~ But you have cracked the Preliminary examination first, because if you have cracked the Preliminary examination, only then you are eligible for Main examination.

~~ There are 2 papers in Preliminary examination and both are Objective.

~~ Main examination is Descriptive and you have to choose the subjects for main examination on the basis of Graduation.

So, please start prepared for this examination as per the syllabus and Pattern. The selection are based on written test and Personal Interview.

~~ Please study for this examination as per the syllabus and Pattern.
~~ Try to solved some previous year papers
~~ If you solved previous year papers, then you will get idea about the examination and you will be able to cracked this examination

Preliminary Examination Pattern :
------------------------------

22nd February 2012, 12:06 PM
Unregistered

Kindly clarrify my doubt about the prelims,that if the application is once filled by the applicant how many times does he get the chance to write the exam?As applicant once have filled the application before 5 march he gets the eligibility to write exam on May 20th,what is the very next date for writing the prelims if so the applicant have missed this exam?
21st March 2012, 11:48 PM
Unregistered

i just want to know that what what to study in order to qualify this examination
22nd March 2012, 07:24 PM
jacobs
Senior Member++++

IAS Preliminary Exam Syllabus 2012 :

(Paper 1) (200 marks) - Duration : Two hrs.

* Current events of national and international importance
* History of India and Indian national movement
* Indian and World Geography- physical, social, economic geography of India and the world
* Indian Polity and governance – constitution, political system, panchayati raj, public policy, Rights issues, etc.
* Economic and social development – sustainable development, poverty, inclusion, demographics, social sector initiatives etc.
* General issues on environmental ecology, bio-diversity and climate change-that donot require subject specialization
* General science.

(Paper II) (200 marks) – Duration : Two hrs

* Comprehension
* Interpersonal skills including communication skills
* Logical reasoning and analytical ability
* Decision making and problem solving
* General mental ability
* Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc. (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. –Class X level)
* English language comprehension skills (Class X level)
* Questions relating to English Language Comprehension skills of Class X level (last item in the Syllabus of Paper-II) will be tested through passages from English language only without providing Hindi translation thereof in the question paper.
* The questions will be of multiple choice, objective type.

LIST OF BOOKS :

For more details you can go through these attachments below :
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IAS I.pdf(11.7 KB, 68 views)
File Type: pdf IAS II.pdf(9.9 KB, 74 views)
File Type: pdf IAS III.pdf(46.4 KB, 77 views)
22nd March 2012, 11:25 PM
123dolly
Senior Member+++

You can post your questions at my ISC Community site, which will help others also...
Civil Services Exam(IAS/IFS/IPS) Helpline

and also you can join me at,
Civil Services Mentor

Thank you...
22nd March 2012, 11:26 PM
123dolly
Senior Member+++

You can post your questions at my ISC Community site, which will help others also...
Civil Services Exam(IAS/IFS/IPS) Helpline

and also you can join me at,
Civil Services Mentor

Thank you...
26th June 2012, 03:24 PM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

This examination is Conducted by UPSC Every year and the Notification of this year examination was already Published. The Notification was already declared on 04/Feb/2012
The last date of apply for this examination Online 05/March/2012
Preliminary examination will be held on 20/May/2012.
If you are Interested in this examination then please fill the online application form soon before the last date.
The examination fees of Civil services examination is Rs 50 and you have to pay the fees by any one of the modes :

:: Pay fees by SBI Debit/Credit Card
:: Pay fees by SBI Net Banking
:: Submit fees direct in SBI Bank
To appear for this examination you must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years, the upper age limit will be relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST candidates, by 3 years for candidates of OBC.
26th June 2012, 07:35 PM
janvi roy

The preliminary exam already took place this year.

To qualify in the preliminary exam you have to qualify in the 200 marks papers.there would be 2papers and the marks is 400..

Subjects:-

For first paper study the geography of india and others.,political science of india and the world,constitution of india.
Paper 2 consists basic arithmetic,general knowledge,english,logic and reasoning.

Best of luck. Regards
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?