26th August 2011, 10:23 AM
mdshadaab1991

How should I prepare for GATE exam? Tips to prepare for the exam?

How do I prepare for GATE ?
Give me some tips for its preparation.
My branch is Electrical Engg.

27th August 2011, 08:46 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How should I prepare for GATE exam? Tips to prepare for the exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdshadaab1991 View Post
How do I prepare for GATE ?
Give me some tips for its preparation.
My branch is Electrical Engg.
GATE is the acronym for Graduate Aptitude test of Engineering .

)) this exam is conducted mainly for admissions in to higher technical studies like M.Tech in premier institutes like IIT's and IISc 's .

)) Not only IIT's and IISc's there are many other private and Government Institutes/Universities which accepts gate Scores.

The Engineering graduates and graduates from various other science streams are eligible for this examination.

All the b.tech graduates are eligible.
you can apply for this examination at any time of your engineering right from your second/third year.

attempting is different from cracking the examination.
to crack or to get a rank in the GATE exam is not a simple thing you have to act very wisely during preparing ,While Appearing in the examination and also you should be very wise.

For the successful attempt you have to prepare very well for the examination.
Successful preparation requires
->Perfect subject and Conceptual Knowledge.
->Dedicated hardwork is very essential.
->Preparation with smart plans will help you out.

the gate score is valid for 2 years.
you should Aim for IIT's and other premier institutes.
If I write my GATE Exam then definitely I will target IIT Madras Not only targeting I'll prepare accordingly also.

The main important tips you have to remember while preparing for the exam is
->The competition in this exam will be very high according to that you have to make plans to get on the ace of the list of the selected candidates.
->The syllabus will be very vast according to that you have to design smart plans.
->During preparation time you have to sacrifice many things like Cell phone Chatting, Social Networking sites, Friends ,Movies etc., etc., all these are must to be sacrificed in order to prepare for the exams concentratedly
->Combined studies with serious dedicated friends will fetch you good results.
->Regular practice tests and mock tests will definitely help you out.
->Don't take it as tension or headache enjoy the preparation then definitely you can see what you have dreamed.

Hope my post helped you.!
if any flaws please do forgive.

All the best for your preparation

Regards

~AdityA~
27th August 2011, 09:06 PM
Revatigurav

Default Re: How should I prepare for GATE exam? Tips to prepare for the exam?

Always follow standard books for GATE. Try to cover complete syllabus. If not possible expertise in what ever portion of syllabus you practice. Try preparing notes after reading every chapter/topic. This may initially take some time but will help you while revising before paper.Best way to prepare is to follow cycle Learn, Test, Analyze, Improve, Learn, Test, Analyze, Improve …… GATE is completely objective question based test. Most of time solving objective questions is tricky... Group study is one of the best ways of preparation. Divide sections/topics between you and your partner and have a brief session on topic from your friend before you actually start topic. This will save your time and efforts and will improve your and your partner’s understanding on the topic.
Each and every concept should be very clear in your mind and you should be able to find the strategies to solve 3hr question paper.
Aim for IITs or some of the NITs..
27th August 2011, 09:40 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
GATE is an entrance exam for M.tech course.. Which is conducted by IIT's and IISC jointly every year..
As you are from electrical branch then you have to be strong in your core subjects..To crack the exam you must have good technical knowledge.. You have to clear your doubts regarding your technical subjects...
You can also solve previous year questions to get an idea about the question type..
So, study the core subjects throughly.. Make a strong base..
Beside taking preparation in technical subjects you have to be well in solving aptitude questions...
Because aptitude questions are also there..
It will be better for you to take some coaching classes..
They will prepare you for the GATE exam..They take regular mock tests , by which you get the confidence..
Also they provide study material, through which you will clear all your doubts..
So, go for it..
All the best..
27th August 2011, 11:23 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
GATE is an entrance exam for M.tech course.. Which is conducted by IIT's and IISC jointly every year..
As you are from electrical branch then you have to be strong in your core subjects..To crack the exam you must have good technical knowledge.. You have to clear your doubts regarding your technical subjects...
You can also solve previous year questions to get an idea about the question type..
So, study the core subjects throughly.. Make a strong base..
Beside taking preparation in technical subjects you have to be well in solving aptitude questions...
Because aptitude questions are also there..
It will be better for you to take some coaching classes..
They will prepare you for the GATE exam..They take regular mock tests , by which you get the confidence..
Also they provide study material, through which you will clear all your doubts..
So, go for it..
All the best..
28th August 2011, 12:10 AM
angeleye

Hello,
There are many ways to prepare for the GATE exam..i have list out some tips and trick to prepare for the exam.
-Make a fix schedule for the study.
-Try to maintain the regularity in your study.
-Clear your basics which you have studied in the engineering.
-Solve the study materials and previous year question paper of GATE.
-Focus more on the core subjects of the respective branch.
-Solve out the mathematics problems which are widely come or asked in the exam.
-Constant your confidence level to achieve the goal.
-Never ever loss your will power and don't get nervous

So follow these tips and study more as much as you can....
Good luck!!!
6th November 2011, 10:16 PM
Unregistered

what should be the important subject of gate examination in computer science and engineering department ?
11th November 2011, 01:09 PM
Unregistered

Give me some preparation tips for GATE exam2012.I am from Electronics and Communication branch.What are the strategies of solving questions accurately?
25th May 2012, 04:19 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir,

Iam a private job holder with 5 yrs of relevant experience.I wrote gate exam twice but i didn't succeeded, after that i stopped writing due to lack of time for preparation. now i want to prepare for the gate 2013 by continuing the job. my job timings are 9A.M to 6:00 P.M.Only Sunday is a holiday. Is it possible for me to get score in gate. No friends are there to teach me or do the group study but still i want to suceed. Pls give me some suggestions
25th June 2012, 07:16 PM
sumit911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear sir,

Iam a private job holder with 5 yrs of relevant experience.I wrote gate exam twice but i didn't succeeded, after that i stopped writing due to lack of time for preparation. now i want to prepare for the gate 2013 by continuing the job. my job timings are 9A.M to 6:00 P.M.Only Sunday is a holiday. Is it possible for me to get score in gate. No friends are there to teach me or do the group study but still i want to suceed. Pls give me some suggestions

Hello Friend,

It will be very tough for you to crack the GATE Exam but that said it does not mean that its impossible. You will obviously need to study and prepare hard but the main obstacle you need to tackle is lethargy and laziness.

You will comeback from office tired, which is common but you need to have the energy and determination to put up effort of studying in that time. Since you have been working for 5 years so you have obviously lost touch on the details of syllabus taught when you were graduating. So you will require more time then say a fresher.

You need to either enroll yourself in a coaching institute or buy the study materials for GATE and study on your own. You need to focus till the end. The thing very common is you have the determination and prepare nicely for the first few months but then the energy gradually dissipates and eventually you decide to call it quit. You cannot let that happen. You need to focus each day and try to utilize whatever time you have on the preparation.

Best of Luck!!!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?