22nd July 2016, 03:34 PM
Unregistered

How to study B.Tech (Civil Engineering) having 46% in 12th Science?

I have completed my 12th with Science stream. Unfortunately I got 46% only. My aim is to do B.Tech Civil Engineering. I know it is a very poor percentage. But I want to study Civil Engineering. Please help me.

25th July 2016, 08:21 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to study B.Tech (Civil Engineering) having 46% in 12th Science?

Civil engineering is one of the engineering branch which deals with the construction field. The B.Tech (Civil Engineering) course is a four-year Bachelor's degree course in the field of construction.

Candidates who have passed final year Intermediate or equivalent examination with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a Government recognised board are eligible to pursue B.Tech (Civil Engineering) course. There is no need to worry about getting admission in B.Tech (Civil Engineering) course as you are having less aggregate in 12th standard, you may not get admission in top colleges but, there are also colleges which offer admission to candidates who qualify 12th standard.

To get admission in B.Tech (Civil Engineering) course, you have to appear in National or State or University level entrance examinations like JEE Main, JEE Advanced, EAMCET, WBJEE, BITSAT, VIT EEE, etc.,. If you qualify the entrance examination, you will be called for counselling process according to your examination rank and you will be allotted a seat in the college which you are eligible to get admission for pursuing B.Tech (Civil Engineering) course.
29th September 2017, 09:42 AM
Member+

Default Re: How to study B.Tech (Civil Engineering) having 46% in 12th Science?

Civil branch is the most popular at present that's why you want to join civil stream should be needed high rank. But you don't worry about your intermediate marks because your stream will be based on LEET exam. So if you can get a high rank in LEET exam easily select on civil b.tech.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?