26th December 2015, 05:41 AM
Unregistered

Is it mandatory to have Maths for appearing in CLAT?

Hey i want to know if i am studying arts in 12th and i want to do llb and for that i have to crack CLAT but in 12th i dont have subject like math and to appear in clat it is necessary to study numerical math. So how would i proceed please explain ???

26th December 2015, 06:19 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it mandatory to have Maths for appearing in CLAT?

CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test and it is an entrance examination conducted once every year for selection of deserving candidates for their under graduate or post graduate courses from National Law Universities.

--> For appearing in the same examination one must have the qualifications mentioned below :-

* You must have the nationality of India with your age must lying below 20 years or 22 years in case you belong to SC/ST or Physically handicapped category.

* For under graduate course i.e; Bachelor of legislative law ( LLB ) degree course, you must have completed your higher secondary school degree course or any other equivalent degree course with any discipline with a minimum of 45% aggregate ( in case of SC/ST and PH category it must not be below 40% ) from a recognized institute.

* For post graduate course i.e; Master of legislative law ( LLM ) degree course, you must have at least completed your bachelor of legislative law ( LLB ) degree course from a recognized university with a minimum of 55% marks ( In case of SC/ST and PH candidates it must not be below 50% ).

So as far as you are concerned about the compulsion of Mathematics for one's eligibility for the same examination then you must not be worried about the same as there is no compulsion of not only maths but also any other subject for appearing in the same examination as it is evident from above eligibility criteria.

For more updates and details about the same examination you must refer to the official link of CLAT i.e; www.clat.ac.in.
26th December 2015, 08:23 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test. It is conducted by National Law Universities of India.

Eligibility criteria:

Candidates from any stream of 10+2 can apply for this exam. The minimum percentage of marks required for this open category candidates is 45%. For SC/ST candidates it is only 40% marks.

You can apply for this exam even without having mathematics 10+2.

Maximum age limit for open category candidates is 20 years on 1st August of year of examination and for SC/ST candidates is 22 years.

The online application for CLAT 2016 will begin from 01st January of 2016. You can apply for exam at http://www.clat.ac.in
26th December 2015, 08:50 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test. The examination is conducted for admission of candidates in LL.B course after 10+2 in National Law university.

The eligibility to appear for entrance examination is candidate must have passed or appearing for 10+2 with any stream and scored minimum 45% aggregate. The maximum age limit to appear for examination is 20years.

So, you are eligible to appear for CLAT examination after 10+2 with arts. The application form for examination will be available from 01st January 2016.

For more information about examination visit at www.clat.ac.in.
26th December 2015, 10:29 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hey i want to know if i am studying arts in 12th and i want to do llb and for that i have to crack CLAT but in 12th i dont have subject like math and to appear in clat it is necessary to study numerical math. So how would i proceed please explain ???
No, mathematics is not compulsory for CLAT exam.

CLAT is stands for Common Law Admission Test.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard from any stream with above 50% marks from a recognized board are eligible to attend in CLAT exam.

Your age should be below 20 years.
27th December 2015, 12:16 AM
acha553

The main qualification criteria for appearing in the CLAT examination states:

10+2 examination with more or equal to 45% marks for General candidates and 40% for ST/SC and disabled candidates. There is no criteria stated in the eligibility where requirement of maths is mentioned. So you can easily sit for the exam if you meet the eligibility criteria.

When practicing numerical maths is concerned, the maths asked in CLAT is extremely basic and mostly 10th standard level. Therefore, if you revise the mathematics, you did till class 10, then you can easily crack the mathematics part of the exam. Just revise everything that you have learnt, practice the sums in the books, which you did before, and you will pass with flying colors.

Best of luck for your exams and preparations.
27th December 2015, 01:35 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not necessary to have mathematics as main paper in 10+2 to appear for CLAT examination.

CLAT examination is conducted for admission of candidates in 5 year LL.B course after 10+2 and to get admission in National Law university in India.

The required eligibility to appear for examination is :-

* Candidate must have passed 10+2 in any stream.

* Candidate must have at least 45% aggregate in 10+2 board examination.

* Candidates age must be less than 20 years.

So, you are eligible to appear for CLAT examination. The application form for 2016 examination will be available from 1st January.

For other details about CLAT examination visit at www.clat.ac.in.
18th March 2020, 04:41 PM
Unregistered

Math is very important to law examination
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?