6th July 2010, 01:14 PM
saba naaz

Is Msc(CS) equivalent to BTech(CS) according to AICTE?

Hello Sir,
I have done Msc(Cs) and the Mtech(IT) ( both course regular) . Am i eligible for teching as Asst. Professor in Engineering collage as per VI pay rules of AICTE. In AICTE norms (F.No:37-3/Legal/2010) , under eligibilty section for Asst. Professor, it is mentioned that BE/B.TECH with ME/M.Tech or equivalent either in BE/B.Tech or ME/M.Tech. So i want to know whether M. Sc(CS) is euuivalent to B.Tech(CS)? and whether i m eligible for that post or not?

Related Questions:
  1. Should I do MBA or MCA after doing BSc CS with 62% and 10th and 12th with less than 60%?
  2. Is Msc(CS) equivalent to BTech(CS) according to AICTE?
  3. Am I eligible for Teaching as assistant professor in engineering colleges as per VI pay rules of AICTE? Is MSc(CS) equivalent to B.Tech(CS)?
  4. Is Masters degree in applied management offered by AICTE equivalent to MBA?
  5. B.Tech from non-AICTE approved college is valuable? Distance B.Tech and B.Tech full time course are both equal?
  6. Are technical courses, PhD by research and Phd degree of CMJ University recognized by AICTE? PhD from CMJ University is equivalent to that of PhD from IITs etc.?
  7. Syllabus for SSC exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. What is the meaning of "Equivalent BE or B.Tech or ME or M.Tech" degree? Does it refer to MCA, MSc, MS etc?
  9. What are the job opportunities after doing M.Tech?
  10. How to do MSc CS on regular basis after doing PGDCA regular from Kurukshetra? Can I take admission in MSc Part II
  11. How to join B.Tech through distance education after completing diploma?
  12. How can I apply for MAT exam? I'm staying in Vadodara
  13. What is the value of Diploma certificate from an AICTE approved college?
  14. List of M.Pharm colleges in India which take admission on the basis of GPAT rank?
  15. Am i eligible for government degree college lecturer after completing MBA HR
  16. UGDM and PGDM programme of 3 years of IIPM is equal to MBA? Whether the salary will be same as MBA or PGDM?
  17. Admission in Gujarat for M.Pharm? Information about Gujarat Entrance Exam? Procedure for M.Pharm in Gujarat?
  18. Mumbai university question papers for MSc in CS?
11th July 2010, 12:22 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Is Msc(CS) equivalent to BTech(CS) according to AICTE?

hello dear
definately you are eligiable for asst professor post.
the main criteria is m.tech.from aicte approved colleges or university....

all the best.......
11th July 2010, 03:36 AM
amit.2186

dear friend , i dont think that mtech and btech both are equivalent as far as i know that the minimum eligibility for assistant professor in any aicte recognized college in mtech in regular time..
11th July 2010, 01:41 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Dear you are Taking it wrong.........!

It is Mentioned under Qualification required for Asst. Professor........

BE/BTech and ME/MTech in relevant branch with First Class or {equivalent} either in BE/BTech or ME/MTech

{Here equivalent means aggregate Equivalent to 60% either in B.Tech or M.Tech means aggregate in GPA Scale or else.}

Also I have attached the Information brochure kindly go through it nicely.

Specially page 13.

Regards
~Faiyaz~
Attached Files
File Type: pdf aicte_norms_2010.pdf(162.0 KB, 1148 views)

Last edited by faiyaz; 11th July 2010 at 01:44 PM. Reason: editting
11th July 2010, 03:59 PM
parhitoshika
Senior Member+

seek information at aicte site for full e-prospectus.
the syllabus is same of both,but btech will be helpful,as its a degree course..
11th July 2010, 06:41 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend

Yes definately you are eligible !

I think, if you read the faiyaz answer, your doubt is clear now. But i will tell you that, there was clearly mention, if you are scored atleast 60% marks in B.tech Or in M.tech
then you are eligible for the post of Assistant Professor.

So, please dont worry, you are eligble for the post of Assistant Professor. If you want to
get more detail then please read the attach file, given by Faiyaz..............
14th July 2010, 06:07 PM
Unregistered

Is MCA with 60 % eligible for the post of Assist. Professor????
22nd July 2010, 03:12 PM
Unregistered

if you are scored atleast 60% marks in B.tech Or in M.tech but the university awarded second class is eligble for teaching
12th August 2010, 06:54 PM
Unregistered

is b.tech equivalent to m.sc???
13th August 2010, 03:51 PM
ravi k
Senior Member+

dear friend

there is relation in the subjects but they are not equivalent.

that is a master degree .

btech(cs) is application basis and msc(cs) is a through study.

all d best.
13th August 2010, 04:19 PM
kool
Senior Member++

dear friend, you are eligible for this post.
As per AICTE M.Sc(cs) is equivalent to B.Tech.
& it is better for getting job that you should secure 60% marks aggregate.
good luck.
13th August 2010, 06:07 PM
bholag

dear friend,
Yes you are eligible for Assistant professor as
you have completed your master degree both M.sc or M.Tech
all the best
14th August 2010, 10:43 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Dear friend,

No,M.Sc(Cs) and B.Tech(CS) are not equivalent at all..

Under AICTE norms candidates having M.E/M.Tech degree or equivalent can apply for the posts of assistant professor in institutes.

I think that in this case you are eligible to join as a faculty in engineering institute with your qualification..

Best of luck!
15th August 2010, 08:40 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

HI!

You are eligible to enter teaching line as an assistant professor if you hold a MTech. degree(regular mode) in relevant discipline from a AICTE approved college.

You can contact the AICTE office or visit their official website to clear your doubts.
15th August 2010, 08:58 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Hi
Yes you are eligible for that according to AICTE norms (F.No:37-3/Legal/2010) , under eligibilty section for Asst. Professor.

But the pay scale will be different if you are trying for some private institution. The pay scale will not be the same as that of government.

So you have to keep these thing in mind that the pay band may be different for the jobs according to which sector you apply for the job.

GOOD LUCK
17th August 2010, 11:57 AM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear freind,

as u r doing Msc.(cs), then u can take admission as a assistant professor in any AICTE approved colleges.

there are lots of similarity in subjects between these two.

so , it is possible to get admission in AICTE approved collleges as a assistant
professor.

but the pay scale will be different in govt sector, and in private sector.

all the best.
18th August 2010, 02:16 PM
Unregistered

hello sir , i am sam. i completed msc(cs) in 2009.present working as programmer in Engineering college.i want to go as faculty.can you give details about in which colleges i hava eligibility to teach.
21st August 2010, 04:37 PM
princearyan
Senior Member+

you are eligible for that according to AICTE norms,u can take admission as a assistant professor in any AICTE approved colleges.there are lots of similarity in subjects between these two.you have completed your master degree both M.sc or M.Tech
2nd September 2010, 03:54 PM
Unregistered

I am working as a lecturer in the department of B.Sc Food Technology in private organization from 2004 onwards. and before
that i worked as Academic consultant in University college of technology Food Technology for 3 years. My qualifications are B.Tech
Food Technology in 1999 and M.Tech Biotechnology in 2002 both in First class. Now my question is wether am i eligible
for assistant professor in Food Technology in University college of Technology or not according to AICTE norms.
A.Ravider
9th September 2010, 11:49 PM
Unregistered

As per AICTE norms available in Process Handbook which is downloadable from AICTE website, there should not be any ambiguity regarding eligibility for Assistant Professor in an engineering discipline. It is clear that Engineering Graduation AND Post Graduation are must with First Class at either of the two. Hence a question about eligibility of M.Sc. , M.Tech. candidate does not arise at all. Such a candidate is not eligible for the said post.
10th September 2010, 01:13 AM
Sushant Roy
Senior Member++++

hi friend,

Yes , your MSc and BTech are both equivalent degrees. As per the norms you are eligible for this post. As you have done MTech you are equally eligible candidate but please do take attention regarding your experience in teaching.

It is advisable to do PhD at this early stage since as per norms your salary increment would be more if you have done PhD. Also you will be eligible to apply for associate professor if you do your PhD in this early stage.
10th September 2010, 09:23 AM
meeria

Thumbs up Re: Is Msc(CS) equivalent to BTech(CS) according to AICTE?

My learned friend,
Yes you are eligible for the post as you degree i.e,MSC(CS) is equivalent to BE/BTECH(CS),so go ahead and apply for the post as BE is of four years while MSC is BSC(3 years)+MSC(2 years).You do not need to worry about it.....
Best of luck for your future!!!!!!
10th September 2010, 09:25 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

b.tech is a bachelor degree and m.sc is a master degree. there is a no question of equivalence. a m.sc student and a b.tech student may work in a same company or may not work. it totally depends on the company. at the time of recruitment the will clearly mention who can apply for the post. if it is given that both m.sc(CS) and b.tech(CS) student may apply for the post then only both can apply. otherwise both can not. but obviously the syllabus covered after m.sc(CS) and b.tech(CS) is almost similar. so most of the cases it is considered that m.sc(CS) and b.tech(CS) is equivalent.
16th September 2010, 12:57 AM
bapuram

dear friend,

Yes you are eligible for the post as you degree i.e,MSC(CS) is equivalent to BE/BTECH(CS),so go ahead and apply for the post as BE is of four years while MSC is BSC(3 years)+MSC(2 years).You do not need to worry about it.so most of the cases it is considered that m.sc(CS) and b.tech(CS) is equivalent.

good luck
18th September 2010, 03:15 PM
Unregistered

i want to know the conversion of 6 pointer into equivalent of what percentage according to AICTE rule
19th September 2010, 06:53 PM
selvaperumal

One of My friend has encountered a similar problem but AICTE is not telling or clarifying about this .One of a Engineering college has send MCA ME and MSc ME degree holders out of the college just after this rule came.They said that AICTE Is going to come for a visit and thus we are according to their norms 2010-11.
Some others are saying that its not a problem...
20th September 2010, 05:58 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by selvaperumal View Post
One of My friend has encountered a similar problem but AICTE is not telling or clarifying about this .One of a Engineering college has send MCA ME and MSc ME degree holders out of the college just after this rule came.They said that AICTE Is going to come for a visit and thus we are according to their norms 2010-11.
Some others are saying that its not a problem...

Yes AICTE has prepared a group of Teams which has visited the various Technical Education Institutes of India.

With the main objective of checking weather they are following AICTE norms or not and to give Clearance for new Institutes to be opened if they meets the AICTE norms and standard.

AICTE has visted various Institutes across the country basically from June to August. And has submitted the report and Green signals to new Institutes.

For example:- AICTE has visited the Institutes of West Bengal in June and submitted its report and approval on 30th June 2010.

Regards
~Faiyaz~
20th September 2010, 07:12 PM
mohit brh

yes you are eligible for teaching as assistance professor because in rule mention that BE/B.Tech with ME/M.Tech or equivalent so you have a degree and you have a knowledge in this field. so you can apply for it in engineering colleges..

all the best.
20th September 2010, 09:10 PM
avinash kr.
Banned

no, m.sc is not equivalent to b.tech. if you done m.sc and m.tech then you can teach in the college as a assistant professor. you are eligiable for the assistant professor. thanking you.. good luck..
7th November 2010, 01:21 PM
Unregistered

Is MTech in Chemical Engineering with MSc in Applied Chemistry is eligible to work in engineering colleges
13th November 2010, 04:29 PM
Unregistered

I had M.Sc(electronics) and M.E(electronics&control).am I eligible for assistant professor in E.C.E dept in enginering colleges as per AICTE norms
26th December 2010, 02:44 PM
Unregistered

M.Sc with M.E is eligible for teaching position in Arts and science colleges only.Not for Engineering college.Because the eligibility criteria is B.E/B.Tech and M.E/M.Tech according to AICTE latest approval process handbook. So you should have basic degree in Engineering. Those who are having Ph.D degree cant say that i am also doctor like those who are possessing MBBS degree and i will teach for MBBS students and i will run a clinic. Because for running a clinic your basic degree must be recognized by Medical Council of India. Like that for working as a teaching staff in engineering college except S&H department your basic degree must be recognized by AICTE.
2nd January 2011, 01:29 PM
Unregistered

Hello Sir,
I have done Msc(Electronics).Am i eligible for teching as Asst. Professor in Engineering collage?
Am i eligible for taken admisson to M.E in Electronics ?
8th January 2011, 08:14 PM
Unregistered

Hello Sir,
I have done M.Sc in Electronics Science, M.Tech in Electronics and M.Phil in Electronics.Am i eligible for assistant professor in E.C.E dept in enginering colleges as per AICTE norms?
5th February 2011, 05:58 PM
Unregistered

Is the Lecturer in Computer Application with M.C.A. in West Bengal eligible to get A.G.P. Rs 7000 after 5 years from the joining and eligible to get proper incentive as M.C.A. is a Post Graduate Professional Technical course as per A.I.C.T.E. ?
14th February 2011, 09:58 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by saba naaz View Post
Hello Sir,
I have done Msc(Cs) and the Mtech(IT) ( both course regular) . Am i eligible for teching as Asst. Professor in Engineering collage as per VI pay rules of AICTE. In AICTE norms (F.No:37-3/Legal/2010) , under eligibilty section for Asst. Professor, it is mentioned that BE/B.TECH with ME/M.Tech or equivalent either in BE/B.Tech or ME/M.Tech. So i want to know whether M. Sc(CS) is euuivalent to B.Tech(CS)? and whether i m eligible for that post or not?
yah bro u r eligible for enginnering college according to new AICTE norms
22nd February 2011, 04:05 PM
Unregistered

Is M.Sc(CS) (First Class) with M.E(CSE) (First Class) eligible for Engineering college in CSE or IT department according to AICTE norms?
25th February 2011, 11:17 PM
Unregistered

can u tell me one thing i completed my M.Tech and M.SC with first class and i Have also one year experience in I.T industry . m eligible for the post of lecture or my bachelor degree is B.A office management with first class ?????
1st March 2011, 05:06 PM
Unregistered

is MCA with 3 years of experience qualify to teach in BE(cs)
8th March 2011, 04:52 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by saba naaz View Post
Hello Sir,
Please confirm whether M.Sc.(Electronics) is equal to B.Tech.
18th March 2011, 08:01 PM
Unregistered

i have to complete ANIIT from NIIT.now i want to persuing msc-It . it is good for us or no
20th April 2011, 11:02 AM
Unregistered

Is mba and Mtech are considered same for Vi scale.
30th April 2011, 04:18 PM
strange_rahul
Senior Member+

Cool Re: Is Msc(CS) equivalent to BTech(CS) according to AICTE?

I think the answer is no you can not compare two degrees......... every degree has its own value...........
6th May 2011, 04:25 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir,

I k.sandeep.I am compleeted M.Sc,M.Tech.some ar my friends told to me i am not qualified for B.Tech teaching.
Sir please tell me what is exact qualification for B.Tech Teaching.Please reply me sir.

Thanking you sir.
25th May 2011, 12:27 AM
Unregistered

I have done my MSc (IT) and am presently doing my PhD (Computer Science). Am I eligible for teaching in non-govt institutions. I mean are my qualifications ok. Pls advice
25th May 2011, 12:29 AM
deepali123

I have done my MSc (IT) and am presently doing my PhD (Computer Science). Can i apply for teaching in non-govt institutions. I mean are my qualifications ok, am I eligible. Pls advice sir
12th June 2011, 09:38 PM
Unregistered

Is Msc(IT) is equivalent to MCA
14th June 2011, 01:36 AM
shekharrai

Hi dear,

Yes definately you are eligible !

I think, if you read the faiyaz answer, your doubt is clear now. But i will tell you that, there was clearly mention, if you are scored atleast 60% marks in B.tech Or in M.tech
then you are eligible for the post of Assistant Professor.

So, please dont worry, you are eligble for the post of Assistant Professor.

Thanks
18th July 2011, 09:51 AM
Unregistered

Hello sir,
I have done M.C.A and got 70% marks and also I got good rank in PGECET.I am planning to settle down in teaching career.But now I am in confusion whether it would be appropriate for me to do M.Tech when there are changed norms from AICTE for teaching in engineering colleges.Please let me know is there any solution this year.Why AICTE is playing with the future of many bright students?
20th July 2011, 09:59 PM
Unregistered

1) What is new norms & qualification to the teaching faculty in engineering college & polytechnics, Department of Electronics and communication engineering and Department of Electronics and instrumentation?
2) The candidate having the qualification in M.Sc(Electronics) and ME (VLSI Design) did in private university means, Is he eligible to working as a teaching faculty in engineering colleges & polytechnics, Department of Electronics and communication engineering and Department of Electronics and instrumentation (B.E), (Diploma) in Tamilnadu?
3) If the candidate having the qualification in M.Sc(Electronics),M.E(VLSI Design), Then doing Ph.d in Anna university or Deemed university means weather the candidate is eligible to work as HOD or Principal in Anna university Engineering colleges and polytechnics in tamilnadu ?
reply [email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?