8th March 2018, 12:18 PM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to take Biology also to study Genetic Engineering from IITs?

I want to be a Genetic Engineer from an IIT. Is it important to take Biology after 10th for 10+2 studies or I can continue with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics for IIT JEE?

Related Questions:
  1. Is Mathematics compulsory for studying genetic engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Which subject should I have Mathematics or Biology to study Genetic Engineering?
  3. Eligibility to study BE(Genetic Engineering) for 12th Science NIOS student? -- [New]
  4. How can I go for PG in Genetic engineering after completing BSc with Biology
  5. How is it possible to study Genetic Engineering in Ahmedabad?
  6. How to join in genetic engineering branch after scoring 92% in aggregate? BEst colleges for genetic engineering in AP
  7. Will I have to appear for Biology CET to get into Genetic Engineering?
  8. Genetic engineering after 12th standard with Biology?
  9. Can I apply for admission in Genetic Engineering having PCB combination of subjects at 12th level?
  10. What should we study after +2 to study genetic engineering in future ?
  11. Is it necessary to have Maths and Biology to opt for Genetic Engineering? Best colleges for Genetic Engineering
  12. How to study BTech(Genetic Engineering) being an Intermediate PCB candidate?
  13. Can I study PhD in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology or Genetic Engineering in Abroad if pursuing M.Sc(Botany) last semester?
  14. Should we have to study both Biology and Mathematics in grade 12 to get admission in top Genetic engineering college?
  15. How to take admission in genetic engineering? Can I get admission after passing 12th with Biology
  16. How to study genetic engineering after passing 10th? What subjects are required for genetic engineering
  17. Can I join Genetic Engineering after 12th without having Maths in 11th? Which colleges in India offer Genetic Engineering course?
  18. Can I become a genetic engineer after clearing medicine entrance exam?
15th March 2018, 09:02 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to take Biology also to study Genetic Engineering from IITs?

Yes, it is necessary to take biology also with mathematics to study Genetics Engineering from an IIT.

Eligibility criteria for Genetics Egineering are:-
For a graduate degree, the basic eligibility criteia is 10+2 or equivalent examination, with bIology, Chemistry and Mathematics as well as genetics as part of the biology.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?