21st January 2018, 06:18 PM
Unregistered

What minimum percentage is required in Graduation to be eligible for B.Ed course?

Am I eligible for B.Ed with 49% in my Graduation? Also let me know whether B.Ed is compulsory for teaching jobs nowadays? Or my Graduation is enough?

23rd January 2018, 10:44 AM
NeptuneSpear

Default Re: What minimum percentage is required in Graduation to be eligible for B.Ed course?

- You have to complete your graduation in order to take admission into B.Ed courses.

- Graduation degree only will not suffice for the career in teaching jobs through examination like CTET, JRF etc.

- Minimum requirement to take admission into B.Ed course is having 50% in graduation degree.

- As per the requirements you are not eligible to take B.Ed course.
23rd January 2018, 01:33 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What minimum percentage is required in Graduation to be eligible for B.Ed course?

In most of teaching posts, Bachelor of Education has become necessary.

The eligibility criteria for B.Ed course is:

1. You must be graduate or in final year of bachelor's degree to apply for B.Ed entrance examination.

2. Minimum of 50% marks in bachelor's degree required for B.Ed course.

If you are from SC/ST category then you can apply for B.Ed course with 49% marks otherwise not.
23rd January 2018, 07:06 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

B.Ed is Bachelor in Education and duration of course is 2 years. The required eligibility to get admission in course is that:-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

Candidate must have scored minimum 50% in bachelor degree. There is relaxation for reserved category.

So, you are not eligible to appear in entrance examination if, you are from a general category.

For more detail regarding the admission procedure in different universities visit at it's official website.
23rd January 2018, 08:26 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

B.Ed refers to Bachelor of Education and same is a professional teaching degree course required by those who are looking to make their career in teaching profession.

The minimum educational qualification required for pursuing the same degree course is a bachelor degree in any discipline with at least 50% marks from a recognized university. Some colleges do offer marks relaxation upto 5-10% to reserved category candidates.

So having completed your graduation with 49% marks you are not eligible for pursuing B.Ed degree course unless you belong to reserved category. Also, I would like to mention one thing that a graduation degree is not sufficient for your recruitment as a teacher in a recognized school and hence you must pursue B.Ed or D.El.Ed degree course if you are interested to make your career as a teacher.
23rd January 2018, 09:04 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

To be eligible to get admission for pursuing B.Ed course, you should have passed Bachelor's degree course with minimum aggregate of 50% (45% for SC/ ST) aggregate marks from a Government recognised university. Admissions in B.Ed course are done through entrance examination/ admission test conducted by the respective college/ university. So, if you belong to SC/ ST category, you are eligible to apply for admission in B.Ed course.
23rd January 2018, 11:01 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot join for B.Ed course with 49% marks in Graduation. You need to secure 50% marks in graduation level to apply for B.Ed course. SC/ST/OBC candidate need to obtain 45% marks in graduation level to apply for this course. Admission for B.Ed on the basis of common entrance examination. The syllabus of B.Ed entrance exam will include questions from subjects like GK, Reasoning, Teaching Aptitude, English skills, etc. The final selection of candidates for B.Ed course will be on the basis of score obtained in B.Ed entrance examination.
28th February 2018, 04:43 PM
Unregistered

I am B.A. graduate with 49%. I belong to General category. If I want to do B.Ed. I will have to pass M.A. with what percentage so that I can get admission for B.Ed
15th March 2018, 08:03 PM
radha 2
Senior Member+

Minimum eligibility criteria for B.ED

Candidates should have passed graduation in any stream from any recognized university with 50 % marks ( general/obc)

Candidates who belong to SC / ST need only 45% marks.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?