6th June 2017, 10:45 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to take B.Sc Computer Science without maths in 12th standard?

I am Science student with PCB passed in 12th without having maths and now I want to do B.Sc computer science. Am I eligible to do? Can you please guide me with the details on the same? It will be really helpful if you can get back soon. Thank you!

7th June 2017, 11:09 AM
LiyaSharan

Thumbs up Re: Is it possible to take B.Sc Computer Science without maths in 12th standard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am Science student with PCB passed in 12th without having maths and now I want to do B.Sc computer science. Am I eligible to do? Can you please guide me with the details on the same? It will be really helpful if you can get back soon. Thank you!
Hi.. You have to get 50% marks in 12th in any discipline to get admission in BSc Computer Science. SO you can visit the websites of leading institutes in the discipline like Christ university, Lovely Professional university, Delhi university, Pondicheri university etc for more details regarding course curriculum, fee structure, placement and higher studies opportunities. You may can avail scholarship from some of the universities.
7th June 2017, 01:41 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to take B.Sc Computer Science without maths in 12th standard?

Yes. You are eligible to join B.Sc in Computer Science after the completion of 12th standard in Science stream.

If your interest is in Computers field, you should have opted for MPC stream in 10+2. Many people will take these wrong decisions only. They don't have any future plan and simply opt for the stream in 10+2 as friends joined or someone told it is good.

Though you are from Science stream in 10+2, you are eligible to now to opt for B.Sc in Computer Science but it would be difficult to understand Mathematics subject since you don't have the background of it in 10+2.

But still, you can perform well in Mathematics by going for private tution and putting your best efforts to understand the subject from the basics level.

For admission, one can get direct admission in most of the colleges. No Entrance Exam is required.

The minimum eligibility is candidate should have scored a minimum of 50% of marks in 10+2.

Try to get admission in a college where there is top faculty with good lab facilities and which is having some good placement record.

During the Interviews, the question for shifting to Computers from Science stream will definitely be asked. Be prepared to answer this question in a better way.

Software is in good boom now in India. There are so many job opportunities in several IT companies. The salaries offered also are nice compared to the jobs in other industries.

I suggest you to go for coaching for programming languages like C, C++, Java etc. and be strong enough in fundamentals.

There will be entrance exams to join Post Graduation courses like MCA or M.Sc Computer Science. Have preparation for the respective Entrance Exam as well along with your academics.
7th June 2017, 10:38 PM
rachamallamanoj

Default Re: Is it possible to take B.Sc Computer Science without maths in 12th standard?

Sorry to tell that you cannot join B.Sc computer science after completing 12th PCB course.

For doing B.Sc computer science, this is the eligibility
1. You should complete 12th with PCM subjects.
2. You should complete 17 years of age

Usually top colleges prefer the candidates with 60% and above marks.

The best colleges in India for B.Sc computer science
1. St. Stephen’s College
2. Loyola College
3. Christ University
4. Delhi University
5. Hansraj College
6. Fergusson College
7. Madras Christian College (MCC)
8. Hindu College
9. Sri Venkateswara College
10. Ramjas College
8th June 2017, 12:12 AM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

No, you can not pursue BSc in Computer Science after completion of 12th standard in PCB stream.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard with mathematics and computer science from a recognised board are eligible for B.Sc degree in computer science.

Your age should be above 16 years.
8th June 2017, 09:31 AM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

There is different criteria in various colleges. In some colleges you can get admission in B.Sc only if you had studied maths in your intermediate but in some institution there is no requirement of maths to get admission in B.Sc computer science. So you have to check in your college. Thanks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?