6th June 2017, 08:11 PM
Rafia Lodi

Can I opt for Physics after scoring 68 percentage marks in board examinations?

Don't I have the right to study physics after obtaining 68% in the board examinations? Can you please let me know the minimum criteria required for the same? It will be really helpful if you can answer me soon. Awaiting for the response. Thanks!

7th June 2017, 10:47 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I opt for Physics after scoring 68 percentage marks in board examinations?

Yes, you can opt for Physics after scoring 68% marks in your board examinations. Candidates who have passed the qualifying examination with Physics subject from a Government recognised board are eligible to get admission for pursuing Physics. Admissions in Physics course are done through merit basis of qualifying examination marks or through entrance examination conducted by the respective college/ university.
7th June 2017, 11:17 AM
LiyaSharan

Smile Re: Can I opt for Physics after scoring 68 percentage marks in board examinations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafia Lodi View Post
Don't I have the right to study physics after obtaining 68% in the board examinations? Can you please let me know the minimum criteria required for the same? It will be really helpful if you can answer me soon. Awaiting for the response. Thanks!
Hai Rafia.. You have the full right to opt Physics for your graduation with your 68% marks.
But you may have to appear for the entrance exams conducted by the universities like Jamia millia, Lovely Professional university, Pondicheri university, SRM university etc. The minimum criteria for the same is to get more than 60% marks in 12th. Those students who scored more than 70% are eligible for direct admission in many institutes.
Once you qualify the university test, you can easily get admission for BSc Physics course. You may can also avail scholarship form the universities like lpu if you are scoring good in university test. You can visit the websites of these institutes for more information.
7th June 2017, 02:10 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I opt for Physics after scoring 68 percentage marks in board examinations?

You did not mention the specific academic level in which you have scored 68% of marks and also the academic level in which you would like to join Physics.

Next time, please be more clear with your question so that we can give our best to answer your query.

68% of marks in Board Exams means, I hope it is in 10+2 Board Exams. If so, then you are eligible to opt for Physics in Graduation.

You can opt for any of the below streams in Graduation.
B.Sc (Maths, Physics, Chemistry)
B.Sc (Maths, Physics, Computers)

The duration of the B.Sc course is 3 years and both these streams are being offered by many of the colleges in India.

Candidates don't need to give any Entrance Exam to get admission for this course. One can get direct admission in most of the colleges on the basis of marks scored in 10+2.

If the candidate scores minimum 50% of marks in 10+2, that would be enough to get admission.

You can also opt for M.Sc Physics in Post Graduation after completion of B.Sc with any of the above mentioned streams.

Candidates who are having sound subject knowledge in the area of Physics are less available. Industry is in need of such candidates. Hope you will fulfill this demand by gaining strong subject knowledge.
7th June 2017, 05:02 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Yes, obviously you can study Physics in future though you have secured 68% marks in Board Examination.

If you are opting for Engineering courses, then you will have to study Physics in the first year of any course.

In case of entrance exam too, you will have to questions pertaining to Physics subject.

If you are appearing for Medical entrance exam, then also you will have to face questions belonging to Physics subject.
8th June 2017, 12:15 AM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

No, don't think so that you are not eligible to pursue your higher education in physics subject if you have passed your 12th standard with 68%.

I must say that you are definitely and is able to pursue whatever course you want to opt for after passing your 12th standard with 68% marks .

You are definitely eligible , moreover most of the institutes conduct entrance exam to give admissions to students in whatever course they want. So you can apply.
8th June 2017, 09:27 AM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

You can study physics after passing your board exam with 68% marks. There is no specific marks criteria for study physics. So you don't have to worry about it. Thanks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?