29th January 2016, 01:23 PM
Priya singh 19

Procedure to apply for 6 months summer internship for MBA student in any esteemed firm?

I would like to know the procedure by which i can apply for 6 month of summer internship in any esteemed firm. I am a marketing major student form Banasthali University, Rajasthan.

Related Questions:
  1. Companies offering 2 months Summer Internship for MBA(IT) 1st year student? Procedure to apply?
  2. What is the procedure followed for getting 2 months summer internship in BEL?
  3. What is the procedure followed for doing summer internship in Tata motors while doing MBA 2nd semester?
  4. Procedure to apply for Summer Internship in BHEL, Haridwar/Bhopal for MBA(PSM & E-Governance) candidate?
  5. What is the procedure to apply for 6 months internship while doing MBA Finance course?
  6. Brief procedure to apply for internship at L&T?
  7. Procedure to apply for Summer Internship in MNCs? When the companies will hire students for Summer Internship?
  8. Procedure to apply for 2 months Internship related to Marketing/HR for MBA 1st year student?
  9. List of companies offering 2 months Summer Internship related to HR for MBA candidate in Chandigarh?
  10. How to do summer internship in finance/operations during May-June
  11. Procedure to apply for Summer Internship in HR field for MBA candidate of BHU?
  12. Companies offering 3 months Summer Internship for MBA student in Ahmedabad?
  13. How to do summer internship in HR for 2 months in Chandigarh? I am a student of MBA
  14. Procedure to apply for 2 months Internship during winter vacations for B.Tech(Power System Engineering) student?
  15. Companies which offers 2 months Summer Internship for B.Tech(CSE) 3rd year student? Procedure to apply?
  16. Companies which give summer internship for MBA HR student?
  17. Procedure to apply for internship during summer vacation? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Companies offering Summer Internship to B.Tech(EEE) 2nd year student? Procedure to apply?
29th December 2016, 03:25 AM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Procedure to apply for 6 months summer internship for MBA student in any esteemed firm?

MBA is Masters of Business Administration which is one of the best post graduate courses in India / Abroad. It is a full time 2 years course that is intended for the candidates to understand business management. Thus, first of all it is a good thing that you are doing your MBA from Banasthali University, Rajasthan.

Summer Internship is a part of MBA course and every candidate must take it up for 2 months usually. But Banasthali University seems little different as they want you to take up Internship for 6 months. Thus, the approach and overall purpose of this internship needs to be realised.

Coming to the way by which you can apply for summer internships:

1. Firstly every B-School has a placement committee or Placement Cell which handles corporate relations with various companies in order to acknowledge placements / job offers in the form of summer internships or final placements. Try to get in touch with them and see if there are any companies visiting your campus for placements.

2. If not, then I am afraid you have to look for summer placements yourself. This should not be a difficult job if you have some known people working in the market already. Some companies have options for existing employees to refer people for summer internships. Thu, this approach can work for you and you must definitely try this.

3. If not the above, you have to get the thing done yourself. Place your Resume / CV with the top job portals such as naukri, timesjobs, monsters, shine etc and keep on applying at companies that are looking to hire summer interns for the coming months. You may get interview calls based on your academic profile and MBA stream.

4. There are plenty of internship websites that have come up such as in the name of intershala.com, letsintern.com etc. Please visit these websites, make yourself an account and put all your academic and work experience details there such that you can start applying to companies that are looking to hire interns for the coming months.

These are the major 4 ways to get a job in a good firm for the next few months for the position of Summer Intern.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?