1st June 2010, 12:48 PM
navneet51289

Procedure of counseling after getting qualified in GATE exam for M.Tech in top colleges of India?

What is the process of counseling after getting qualified in gate exam for mtech to get top colleges of India?

Related Questions:
  1. Which colleges can I probably get after scoring 20.67 marks in GATE? Procedure of GATE counseling? Date of start of counseling?
  2. Which colleges can I get after scoring 30 marks in GATE? Procedure of AP GATE counseling?
  3. Procedure to get M.Tech stipend for GATE
  4. Which colleges can I probably get with 19 marks in GATE? Procedure of AP GATE counseling? Date of start of GATE counseling? Procedure of GATE counseling and how can we know the dates of different colleges for GATE counseling?
  5. Top colleges offering M.Tech good technology in India?
  6. Names of the top colleges to apply for M.Tech course?
  7. Procedure of admission into M.Tech in R V College of Bangalore on the basis of GATE? -- [New]
  8. What is the counseling date for M.Tech in Andhra Pradesh? I have qualified in GATE
  9. In which college can I get admission in Hyderabad after scoring 283 in GATE with 14241 AIR? Details about the counseling procedure?
  10. Procedure for registering for counseling in Delhi Technical University? How to apply/register for counseling? Date of counseling?
  11. How to do M.Tech after doing B.Tech in IT?
  12. Procedure to get admission in any college through GATE? My GATE score is 198
  13. Procedure to apply for the NITs?
  14. Top M.Pharma colleges of India? What is the admission procedure for Non GPAT qualified students?
  15. When will be the counselling of GATE for m.tech? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Am I eligible for GATE counseling after scoring 16704 rank in GATE exam? Can I get M.Tech seat in GATE counseling? When will the GATE counseling start?
  17. What is the date of GATE counseling? Best colleges and its counseling procedure?
  18. Colleges offering pgecet qualified candidates to take admission?
2nd June 2011, 10:40 PM
Sushant Roy
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Procedure of counseling after getting qualified in GATE exam for M.Tech in top colleges of India?

Hi friend,

Although qualifying GATE exam is not sufficient, but one may try to send their GATE score to the top list college , if he is lucky enough he would get admission. Although it is for sure , that only clearing GATE exam is not enough (for general candidate only) to get admission in IITs or BHU. But he (general candidate) may get a fine chance in some NITs admission in MTech course.
SC/ST candidates have nice chance of admission in IITs or any top college in India after just clearing GATE examination.
One must try in following college if he cleared GATE exam:
All IITs
All NITs
PEC , Punjab
All BITs
All IIITs
TIET, Patiala
Get the complete rank at the attachment.

But in abovesaid attachment list , some colleges conduct their own entrance exam for admission in MTech course. For example , PEC or TIET conduct their own exam for admission in MTech but they wont allow scholarship if the same candidate has not cleared the GATE exam. Means to get admission , one must clear their written exam but if the same candidate has cleared the GATE he/she is eligible to get scholarships by MHRD (Govt.).
After submitting the forms, they will prepare a merit list , according to which the particular candidate is called for offline counselling at their perspective counselling centres. The likely date of such notification is April and May month.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ranking.zip(294.7 KB, 193 views)
3rd June 2011, 11:55 AM
August
Senior Member+

Default Re: Procedure of counseling after getting qualified in GATE exam for M.Tech in top colleges of India?

dear friend,

to get admission in M.TECH you have to apply to the respective colleges as per your GATE score.

the college will call for your counseling after interview you will get admission.

i want to know your gate score than i will suggest you the colleges where you should apply.

all the best
3rd June 2011, 04:42 PM
frooty.scooty

The admission procedure for the M.Tech course is similar to other Post Graduate courses

Admission Requirements to join the M.Tech Course:

first of all completed graduation

you have pursued the following course are allowed to apply

Bachelors in Technology
Bachelors in Engineering
Masters in Science
Masters in Computer Application

Application form for the M.Tech Course::

To get your score card for the entrance that you can applied for an institute.
If the test is conducted by the Institute then they will consider the application for the course.YOU Need not to apply again those institutes.if you appear for the GATE exam then the scores will be sent to each of the IIT’s. These institutes will send a call letter if the candidate meets the requirements. The application form will include details like

Name
Date of Birth (DD/MM/YY)
Permanent Address
Phone No
Email
Choice of discipline
Details of University/ Institution Studied
Graduation obtained in regular course/ correspondence course
Examination Results for Graduation semester wise
Name of Sponsoring Organization (if any)
Professional Experience (if any)
Personal Information
Signature
Date

Documents required for admission to the M.Tech Course

It should be sent along with the following attested copies:

School Leaving Certificate
Qualifying course Certificate
Grade Sheet
Work experience certificate

Also there should be a certificate from the sponsor (if any) in the prescribed format.
11th June 2011, 10:46 PM
Unregistered

my rank is 17000 in gate 2011
17th June 2011, 03:06 PM
Unregistered

i am pursuing b.sc maths honours from delhi university.i am in 3rd year.After b.sc i will do m.sc in maths.Am i eligible to give gate exam?if yes then after clearing gate,in what stream should i do my m.tech?
19th June 2011, 07:46 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

A centralized allotment process is conducted by the examination committee .The selection will be based on the GATE score. You need to select the college based on the rank list .The allotment process is conducted online and the candidate can select for colleges based on the list provided by the centralized allotment process.
20th June 2011, 03:57 PM
Unregistered

hello i have cleared the GATE 2011 exam and my rank is 8542 in EC branch, which college can i get ? i am in 7th sem now.
28th June 2011, 10:12 PM
Unregistered

I am studing b.tech final year i wrote gate in 2011 i got 2421 rank can i get seat in m.tech or not. I want join in JNTU in anantapur.caste OC
29th June 2011, 06:04 PM
Unregistered

WHICH COLLEGE CAN I GET FOR 11500 RANK IN EC DEPARTMENT(GENERAL)?
22nd July 2011, 01:41 PM
Unregistered

i have qualified gate 2011 with 26.33 marks an gate score 343 and completed my third year ic CSE. in what colleges should i apply in 2012 when my final year completes?
1st August 2011, 10:03 PM
Unregistered

i have qualified gate 2011 with 30.66 marks an gate score 396 and completed my third year IT. in what colleges should i apply in 2012 when my final year completes?
4th August 2011, 03:10 PM
Unregistered

i want to know the syllabus of gate
17th March 2012, 12:26 PM
Unregistered

i have qualified gate with 95.5 percentile.In which colleges I can apply, is there any counseling like AIEEE exam or institute conduct their own counselling
17th March 2012, 06:46 PM
Unregistered

ihave gate qualified 2012 my gate score is 408 my b.tech is completed in november 2012 can i get addmission in any govt college for m.tech
19th March 2012, 10:56 AM
Unregistered

sir, i have qualified gate 2012 and my rank is 6100 with score 457, what are the top colleges that i can get admission in computer science?
4th April 2012, 08:49 PM
Unregistered

i have qualified gate 2012 and my rank is 8063 with score 371, can i get admission in electrical engg..... and please tell me in which colleges that can i apply... please help me out and reply me to my mail id [email protected]
9th April 2012, 11:42 AM
Unregistered

i have qualified gate2012 and my rank is 15727 with score 299, can i get admission in electrical engineering and please tell me in which collage that can i apply ........ please help me out and reply me to my mail id [email protected]
19th April 2012, 01:13 PM
Unregistered

wht is the procesure for appliying for counselling foe NIT's
7th July 2012, 01:07 PM
Unregistered

sir/mam please tell me when gate counciling is start please give information to my mail [email protected]
7th August 2012, 09:51 PM
Unregistered

sir/mam, my gate score s 419,ranking is 5245,ee.Till now i didn't applied for any colleges.Please tel me what i should take next step.or should wait till counseling.please answer me @[email protected]
18th March 2013, 03:05 PM
Unregistered

SIR/MAM,my gate score is 487 and rank is 3411,i belongs to eee.i am in confusion about nit counselling,please give me clear idea.and how to choose suitable clg to my score,plz send reply to my mail [email protected]
23rd March 2013, 09:19 PM
Unregistered

Sir my gate rank is 4759 in gate 2013 in civil engineering can I get a m.tech seat in jntu anantapur my mail id is [email protected]/ [email protected] please reply me as early as possible
15th April 2013, 02:46 PM
Unregistered

this is raja of computer science and engg,
i got 31129 rank in gate of ST category
please suggest me the college what i will get
21st March 2015, 11:17 AM
Unregistered

Sir I get 20.59mars in gate 2015 Rank 21000 gate score 297 (Sc) in cs branch how apply or counseling for college,and in which colleges i apply.
21st March 2015, 11:13 PM
er.animesh6
Member+

Smile Re: Procedure of counseling after getting qualified in GATE exam for M.Tech in top colleges of India?

Hi Friend,

Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering(GATE) is an all India entrance examination to get admission in M.Tech course in India.

SELECTION PROCEDURE IN GATE:

->Candidate have to first score more than Cutoff marks in Written test set by the GATE colleges.

-> Then based on their GATE score candidate will be called for interview in their preferred Colleges to get admission.

Those who clear the interview can get admission in that particular college.

TOP 5 INSTITUTE for M.Tech

* Indian Institute of Technology,Mumbai.

* Indian Institute of Technology,Kharagpur.

* Indian Institute of Technology,Guwahati.

* Indian Institute of Technology,Kanpur.

* Indian Institute of Technology,Chennai.

All the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?