9th June 2010, 01:34 PM
bhalerao

Procedure to get admission in Punjab College of Engineering? Is there any lateral admission to this college?

I,m going to complete my diploma in mechanical engineering from mumbai board and i desire to do my degree from punjab college of engineering.Please tell me the procedure to get admission in this college and even tell me whether there is lateral admission to this college or will i have to give aieee exam.Please even tell me whether a diploma student is eligible to give the aieee entrance exam or this exam is only for 12th pass students.Please reply me at the earliest.Thanx.

Related Questions:
  1. Lateral entry process in NITs for Diploma holders?
  2. Procedure for admission in IP Engineering College Delhi for B.Tech Mechanical Engineering after diploma? Any admission test for lateral entry in mechanical engineering?
  3. What is the procedure to get lateral entry admission in NIT or any government college? -- [New]
  4. How to do B.Com after doing 12th arts?
  5. Is there any entrance exam to take admission in Punjab Engineering College?
  6. Procedure to apply for B.Ed in government colleges? When will the admission open in government college? What is the fee structure? Is there any entrance exam for B.Ed admission?
  7. Important dates for admission in B.Tech engineering college of Punjab?
  8. Can I get admission in any college through lateral entry? Is there any college which provided UG through correspondence?
  9. Can I get admission in a good engineering college in Punjab after scoring 73 in AIEEE?
  10. List of colleges that I can get after scoring 330 in GATE, 18574 AIR?
  11. How to study Aeronautics after completing diploma in mechanical
  12. Possibility to get Lateral Entry in NIT for Diploma Mechanical student?
  13. Names of Engineering Colleges which offer lateral entry admission for ECE?
  14. Procedure of direct second year admission for Electronics & Telecommunication Diploma?
  15. How much rank is required in AIEEE to get admission in Punjab Engineering College? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. How much marks do I need to get admission in Loyola college?
  17. How can I take admission in NIT Jalandhar or Punjab university through lateral entry?
  18. Am I eligible for IIT JEE after passing diploma?
28th June 2011, 11:35 AM
siddharthkathuria

Wink Re: Procedure to get admission in Punjab College of Engineering? Is there any lateral admission to this college?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhalerao View Post
I,m going to complete my diploma in mechanical engineering from mumbai board and i desire to do my degree from punjab college of engineering.Please tell me the procedure to get admission in this college and even tell me whether there is lateral admission to this college or will i have to give aieee exam.Please even tell me whether a diploma student is eligible to give the aieee entrance exam or this exam is only for 12th pass students.Please reply me at the earliest.Thanx.

for getting admission into this college..you need to go through the following details as given in this link...

http://www.pec.ac.in/others/admissionsbe.asp
29th June 2011, 12:25 PM
RAJENDRA KUMAR SINGH
Junior Member+

Default Re: Procedure to get admission in Punjab College of Engineering? Is there any lateral admission to this college?

The admission to 3rd semester (2nd Year) of the four year B.Tech Degree course in PUNJAB ENGINEERING COLLEGE is also available . The admission under the lateral entry scheme for the diploma holder candidate will be available on the merit of entrance test LEET. On the basis of sanctioned intake of the corresponding year, the 10% of the total 240 seats are available for the lateral entry scheme in the different streams as under :-
1.Electronics & Communication Engineering 12 Seats
2. Mechanical Engineering 12 Seats
3. Computer Science Engineering 6 Seats
4. Electrical Engineering 3 Seats
5. Information Technology 3 Seats

Total 24 Seats
AS FOR AIEEE,
[FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2][/SIZE][/FONT]
In AIEEE 2011 Information Brochure,its mentioned that the minimum eligibility criteria for seeking admission is 10+2 with minimum marks 50% for general.
Its also mentioned that Candidates who had passed 10+2 in 2008 or earlier are not eligible.
Hence it means you are not eligible for AIEEE since after 10+2 your 3 years are crossed in diploma.And AIEEE as mentioned above does not give a 3 or more years of gap after 10+2.
So better try to qualify LEET exam.
Best Regards!
29th June 2011, 03:16 PM
naving

Default Re: Procedure to get admission in Punjab College of Engineering? Is there any lateral admission to this college?

by registering online form of PEC And only 12th pass student can give the examination of AIEEE
29th June 2011, 05:31 PM
vidh
Senior Member+

u need to give enterance exam to enter in pce.,
Admissions to P.C.E.T. college are made on the basis of merit in the CET-2004 conducted by PTU, Jalandhar for B.Tech. The advertisement for the tests is given in the newspapers by PTU. The eligibility criteria and other details are made available in the respective brochure issued by PTU, Jalandhar. The students must submit their completed application form to the institute after the allotment of the institute during counseling at Jalandhar by PTU. These forms are available in the college prospectus.
30th June 2011, 09:00 AM
Sagar Keshari

yes you are eligibale for the aieee exam but since you had done diploma you really really had to work hard enough to pass the aieee exam and you have to score good % for a good collage.
30th June 2011, 09:33 AM
nikhilpatidar

Procedure to get admission in Punjab college of Enginnering :-
Eligibility criteria :-
The admission to the B.E courses are made on the basis of merit of AIEEE Conducted by CBSE.
i)student qualified AIEEE conducted by CBSE.
ii)student must secure 15% marks in AIEEE (ST/SC/PH).

Total fees of college (for day scholar) is 50,500 Rs.
Total fees of college(for hostel facility) is {37,300+50,500}.
14th August 2011, 01:43 PM
Unregistered

sir,, i got 260051 rank in aieee.... plz tell me can i get adm in pec
6th November 2011, 09:41 PM
rudramishra

In AIEEE 2011 Information Brochure,its mentioned that the minimum eligibility criteria for seeking admission is 10+2 with minimum marks 50% for general
n the basis of sanctioned intake of the corresponding year, the 10% of the total 240 seats are available for the lateral entry scheme in the different streams as under :-
1.Electronics & Communication Engineering 12 Seats
2. Mechanical Engineering 12 Seats
3. Computer Science Engineering 6 Seats
4. Electrical Engineering 3 Seats
5. Information Technology 3 Seats
15th March 2012, 05:14 PM
Unregistered

what is the cut off for get lateral entry in B .tech in puanjab university chandigharh
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?