21st September 2017, 10:12 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to join Indian Army after completion of 10th standard?

How can I join INDIAN ARMY at the age of 15 after passing 10 class in the field of sports? Can you please provide me with the procedure which I need to follow? Do I need to clear some exams? Can you please provide me with the information soon? Thanks!

23rd September 2017, 07:37 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to join Indian Army after completion of 10th standard?

First thing I would like to let you know that being a Class 10th passed candidate you could join Indian Army as a tradesmen only as for the post of JCOs and officer ranks the minimum educational qualification required is a higher secondary school degree.

Further I would like to let you know that being just 15 years old you are not eligible to join Indian defense services at this stage even as a tradesmen as the age limit for applying for the post of tradesmen is 17 years to 23.5 years.

For more details about different entries in Indian Army along with its eligibility criteria you can refer to the link www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
23rd September 2017, 07:53 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

No, you can't join Indian Army after completion of your 10th standard. To be eligible to join Indian Army, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination from a Government recognised board. You should be at least 16.5 years old and not more than 19.5 years. You should be an Unmarried Male candidate and should be physically as well as mentally healthy to be eligible to appear in NDA examination for joining Indian Army. Since, you have not passed 12th standard, being a 10th standard passed student, you are not eligible to join Indian Army.
24th September 2017, 05:00 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Being just 15 years old you are not eligible for joining Indian Army at present at the minimum age required for applying for any posts in Indian Army is 16.5 years ( for the post of Commissioned officer through NDA ) and 17 years for all other posts .

Further as far as you are interested to join Indian Army after completion of your Class 10th only then in that case you can join Indian Army as a tradesmen only as for the posts of commissioned officers, junior commissioned officer or soldier clerk posts the minimum educational qualification required is a higher secondary school degree from a recognized board.

For details and notifications regarding different entries in Indian Army you can visit the link wwwjoinindianarmy.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?