1st November 2010, 05:40 PM
manishj

Which programming languages should ECE Btech learn to get jobs in software industry?

which of the computer languages are useful to an electronics& comm. engineer?

1st November 2010, 08:22 PM
Rajashekaran

Default Re: Which programming languages should ECE Btech learn to get jobs in software industry?

strong in C,C++ and if you know.NET it will be useful.
1st November 2010, 08:36 PM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Thumbs down Re: Which programming languages should ECE Btech learn to get jobs in software industry?

for joining in software company you should know at least some basic languages like- c, c++, visual basic 6, java. because joining software company as an engineer means you are taking place of a computer science student so you need at least these languages. good luck
1st November 2010, 08:46 PM

Thumbs up Re: Which programming languages should ECE Btech learn to get jobs in software industry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishj View Post
Hi Friend
CSharp and Java are really good Programming Languages for you from my side.
Today in market there is great demand of Java.
If u relly want to do something in programming language go for java from my side...........

Best of Luck for your career.
Ankur Jain
1st November 2010, 08:58 PM
Gaurav.jain88

Default Re: Which programming languages should ECE Btech learn to get jobs in software industry?

Quote:
Hi
I am also an Engineer from ece.
In most of the interview which i faced they asked question about the language which you specify in your resume.
I write C and C++
so they ask me about those.
for now i think you should start with C because it provide the foundation for higher languages.
Practice some important programme like swaping 2 number, factorial, even number, fabonnaki series from start.
then go for pointers, array, string and at last structure.
prepare each topic and practice that.

after that you can either go for JAVA or C++.

It will helpful for you in software industry as well as in embedded field.
If you want to go in core industry then prepare

Assembly language
Ladder Programming
embedded C

Decide according to your interest.......
Good luck....
1st November 2010, 10:17 PM
Unregistered

Hi Manish,
An ECE engineering graduate should have a sound knowledge in C, C and JAVA progrmmaimg to get a job in the software industry. A clear knowledge about OOPS concepts will be useful which can be obtained by learning C and JAVA.

The basic understanding of Software design life cycle,software engineering and project management concepts are necessary. Apart from that, UNIX programming and MATLAb would be an added advantage.
1st November 2010, 10:41 PM
kumaraswamy dapa

Hi friend,

for ECE student you just have good control over C language is enough to get job in IT.
But having good knowledge on Embedded System(using C) gives more opportunities to U.

ALL THE BEST.................
2nd November 2010, 10:26 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

which computer language will be useful it will depend on which field you want to work. but there is some programing language that you should know before to go other higher language.

first you should have computer basic idea. like microsoft word, exel, power point etc. then you should go for computer language. for computer language C is the basic language. some time C is called the mother language of computer. so you should know first C. but as you are ECE engineering student so i think you have already learned C language in first or second semester. you should learn C clearly. if you think that whatever you have learned from college is not sufficient then i will suggest to learn it again from any good institution. because without a good knowledge on C you can not move towards other language.

after C language try to learn C++ and JAVA. these two are object oriented programming(OOP) language. you will get so many job if you have knowledge on C++ and JAVA. there are so many company those recruit JAVA programmer. they also offer a very good salary for JAVA programmer.

after that if you want to learn further more computer language then you may learn HTML, SQL/PL SQL, ORACLE etc.

i think as you are ECE student first complete to JAVA. this is sufficient if you want to do job with your branch and also related to some computer field.

best wishes.
2nd November 2010, 02:19 PM
Anmol01

if you want job in software industry then you have to learn languages which normal CS btech student know. But as you are having ECE then the most basic languages which help you out to get a job is C, C++, and you should have knowledge of some OOPS concept thats it. This will surely help you to get job and this make impression on interviewer also. so go for it..
2nd November 2010, 05:31 PM
sakran

to learn any language you must know c and c++, with out these u cant get java and .net and many languages..theses are the strong pillars for any software development....
i cant say which language has a high demand....daily difeernt types of technologies are growing . but be perfect on what u have learn.thank u
26th December 2010, 10:01 PM
Unregistered

iam ece student iam
27th December 2010, 01:54 AM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Cool Re: Which programming languages should ECE Btech learn to get jobs in software industry?

Hello dear

Today in market

first priorty goes to UNIX,LINUX,

second priorty goes to JAVA

thired priorty goes to DOT NET ,ASP DOT NET

There are so many langauges you can also learn about Csharp,c ,c++,web desining,ethical hacking ,j sharp etc.......

you can learn any langauge according to your choice ...

GOOD LUCK......
28th December 2010, 01:47 PM
sakran

To enter in to Software Industry,as a programmer you must thorough with c and c++,if you are perfect with these languages then it is enough for you to step in any software industry,later the company will trained you according to their requirement.....But at the time of your interview be prepared with your core subjects..its help you a lot...
as all I said is the present situation and process going on in all major MNC companies(CMMlevel5 companies...)All the best
7th January 2011, 11:36 PM
Unregistered

which courses is good for ECE students to get job in a core companies?
13th April 2011, 09:48 PM
Unregistered

is auto cad course is necessary for an E.C.E student in the first year.
27th May 2011, 08:30 AM
Unregistered

hi i am souravmani! an ece final year student! what languages is suitable to fit in core companies?????
3rd June 2011, 07:43 PM
Unregistered

What is the advantage of complete M.Tech in ECE and then join to a software company?????????????
4th June 2011, 02:07 AM
Unregistered

i m btech ece first year student. which course should i do?
8th June 2011, 03:08 PM
Unregistered

which programming languages are required for ece b.tech
2nd July 2011, 11:58 PM
Unregistered

i am ece first year student but i don't know anything about engineering which course shoud i do to get jobs in software industry
31st August 2011, 10:20 PM
amaan khan ak

Quote:
There are many programming languages which are good for your profile.If you want to choose any prgramming language then you have so many options like c,c++,java,.net.php etc.These are some best programming language which gives you so much jobs opportunity.You can learn the basic language which is c and c++ languages.These are very good languages and many questions are present in the interview if you go for an interview.The next step is you can learn java language.Its a very easy language as compare to ther languages and also it take less time if you have good knowledge about basic languages like c and c++.
If you have interest in web applications then its better for you to choose .net language.

So you have so much options.Choose any perticular language and work on that regulary.Do regular practice in programming.

All the best
11th September 2011, 01:24 AM
manoj rajpurohit

my dear friend..

c language is the base of the programming, and c++ is also very good language.

It is all dependent on you that which language you want to choose for securing your future.

there are many language in which you can make your future.

java is a world wide language, it gives the best job scope comparatively to any other programming language.

so i suggest you to take the java language.

best of luck.
23rd September 2011, 10:29 AM
Unregistered

if we are asked why do you choose a software company being an ece student what should be our answer
21st October 2011, 08:32 AM
hrushi614

hi friend,

ECE students have high chances to get software jobs easily.

They have to learn languages for IT jobs are

c
c++, java,oracle are enough

They also good in Their B.tech project
22nd October 2011, 01:34 AM
GALAXYY

dear friend,

The ECE student should well versed in programming languages to get jobs in software industry.

1.>C.

2.>C++.

3.>JAVA.

4.>SQL.

Actually it depends on the company For which post they hiring the candidates.

1.>If they hire for Code Zone you should knowledge in C,C++,JAVA,SQL.

2.>IF they hire for post Hardware & Networking you should know Linux,Networking.

2.>If they hire for Maintainance You should know DBMS.
8th March 2012, 06:16 PM
Unregistered

i am B.E ECE have 56% agg vl i get job?
16th May 2012, 10:19 AM
Unregistered

hey frndz...my question is i am a final yr student of b.tech ece (8th).. n i am learning .net so is there any benefit in this stream or not.plz replyy
26th December 2012, 07:47 PM
Unregistered

what is the pay scale of an ece graduate in software field now a days? in what areas they are recruiting us?
18th January 2013, 11:09 PM
sammy_wrath
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Which programming languages should ECE Btech learn to get jobs in software industry?

Quote:

Dear Aspirant,

The programming languages for ECE students prefered are:
  • Java
  • Ms.NET
  • HTML/CSS
  • MatLab
  • SQL Server/ORacle

If you want to get a job.You must learn any of these courses for sure.

Then only you can get a job in the Software field.

Mostly taken course by the ece are JAVA.

Hope this info helps you.

All the best for your future endeavor's.

Any more Queries.
Don't Hesitate to ask me. Am happy to help you always. Just ping to my profile.

Best Regards,
Sampath.
15th April 2013, 12:49 PM
Unregistered

hey i dono what book i should refer for learning the c and c languages so kindly request me if there it is any one?
15th May 2013, 01:10 PM
Unregistered

are the programming languages like c,c (full concepts)&basics of java are enough for ece students to do job in mnc's?
plz tell if .net is more important for ece students or not?
17th June 2013, 04:20 PM
Unregistered

see am priya!and then i was entered in to the final year of B.E(E.C.E).i was not interested in c,c ,java,etc.but i was more interested in networking cousr and i completed my n course.even i was interested to join in ccna course for to place in cisco company.is anyone suggest in my idea of doing this course or else what should i do help me.....it was the final stage to take decision and i just need ur help friends.i want to place in cisco or in top software companies.you can give idea to my mail id:[email protected]
6th July 2014, 02:35 PM
Unregistered

i'm dng 2nd year ece can u suggest wt are the computer skills i need to develop
1st May 2016, 02:18 PM
Unregistered

I have done engineering in EC branch in 2009.
I want to make career in Software field . Is it possible to make career in IT field after7 year completition of graduation.how to enter in software field.
25th April 2017, 09:35 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my third year b.tech.I am good C and java with oops concepts.What courses are good for me to get a software job?
15th December 2017, 09:58 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of b.tech 3rd year of ECE branch What are the most demanding programming languages in next 1 or 2 year in IT industry
16th March 2020, 12:28 PM
Unregistered

I am an ece student not having complete knowlege on c and c i have an idea how to start the programming will I GET A JOB
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?