26th September 2016, 05:04 PM
anindyabose72

Should I qualify NET for PhD or it can be done directly without qualifying NET?

Sir/Madam, I am an M.Sc in Hardware and Networking Technology with 69% from Punjab Technical University. Already, I have checked the subject list provided by UGC but there is no such subject.
Should I qualify NET for PhD on the said subject? or I would be able to take admission in PhD in the above subject directly without qualifying NET.

Regards,
Anindya Bose

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure of college or university selection after qualifying NET JRF exam for PhD? How an employed person can do Ph.D after qualifying NET JRF exam?
  2. Procedure of college or university selection after qualifying NET JRF exam for PhD? How an employed person can do phd after qualifying NET JRF exam?
  3. After qualifying CA can we do PhD directly?
  4. How to get admission in PhD in Life Sciences after qualifying CSIR-NET? Cutoff marks required?
  5. What should I do next to get a Government teachers job after completion of graduation with 71%?
  6. Is it compulsory to qualify NET exam for doing Ph.D course?
  7. Is it necessary to qualify in NET to study PhD course?
  8. Do I need to qualify in NET Exam to join Ph.D course after completion of M.Phil course?
  9. Is NET mandatory for PhD? Which books to refer for NET? Best university for PhD in Commerce?
  10. In which entrance exam should I appear among CSIR-NET, UGC-NET, ARS-NET, ICAR-NET and SLET to do PhD?
  11. Phd in pharmacy through NET exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. How to get qualify NET or Ph.D after MBA?
  13. Further step for PhD after qualifying NET and JRF exams?
  14. Should I prepare for NET or do any other course after doing M.Sc in CS?
  15. Is it necessary to appear in CSIR-UGC-NET to study PhD in Mathematics? List of colleges which offer PhD in Mathematics without NET?
  16. Is it necessary to clear NET Exam for doing PhD in India? NET exam can be skipped by pursuing M.Phil?
  17. How to do PhD after B.Tech? Are there separate colleges for doing PhD? Duration of course and requirements?
  18. Can I get admission to study PhD after qualifying UGC-NET?
16th October 2016, 12:26 AM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Should I qualify NET for PhD or it can be done directly without qualifying NET?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anindyabose72 View Post
Sir/Madam, I am an M.Sc in Hardware and Networking Technology with 69% from Punjab Technical University. Already, I have checked the subject list provided by UGC but there is no such subject.
Should I qualify NET for PhD on the said subject? or I would be able to take admission in PhD in the above subject directly without qualifying NET.

Regards,
Anindya Bose
Admission to the PhD programme can be done only on the basis of entrance examination which is conducted by their own respective university or student who have already qualified in the NET/SET/GATE/M.Phil/JRF examination are exempted from giving entrance examination. So, there is no way of direct admission to the PhD progarmme. I will suggest you to sit for NET examination and clear the examination with a good score so that after the NET examination you will be able to apply in the colleges for the lecturer post. So, I think you it is better to go for NET examination because at the end you are the only one who will be in a benefit position and this way you will be saving a year also.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?