13th November 2009, 05:39 PM
Deepti_gupta

Sir, can I change my GATE exam center after submitting application form?

Sir, can I change my exam center ofter submit application form?
And what is the process for it?

19th November 2009, 11:43 AM
T.Vindhya

Default Re: Sir, can I change my GATE exam center after submitting application form?

Its not possible to change exam center after submitting the application form but we can try by writing a request letter to the gate office, may be it will work out or may be not. Try it.
19th November 2009, 10:05 PM
Shafna Ashmi.A

Default Re: Sir, can I change my GATE exam center after submitting application form?

Yes it is possible.U have to write a letter to the chairman of that zone u belong to.
27th November 2009, 11:56 AM
kumar

29th November 2009, 09:27 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

no you can not change your exam center after submitting application form.
3rd December 2009, 05:43 AM
satyavani
Senior Member++

the time for such things are over
3rd January 2010, 08:46 PM
Abhishek Dhoot

no friend ...now it too late you cannot change.....but try to get help from the institute of gate exam.:-)
4th January 2010, 12:04 AM
rohit kumar singh

soory friend.u can not do that now...............time is over...prepare for that.and all d best
5th January 2010, 06:29 PM
Senior Member+++

no DEAR sorry you can not change after submitting the application form........best of luk for your exam
9th January 2010, 07:22 PM
sowkhya

sir,i lost my application no.i didn't receive acknowledgement mail.what can i do now
10th January 2010, 05:05 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Contact the gate exam co-ordinator,or academic councellor or exam conducting authority of IIT of your zone.

It is better to once visit GATE official website of your respective zone

For example -http://www.gate.iitb.ac.in/gate2010_website/

Here you can find all the information and your application status.

Best of luck
10th January 2010, 09:37 PM
mathur

no. you can not change the examination centers now
25th January 2010, 04:52 AM
edward
Top Answerer

yes you can change the examination center after submitting your application.all you have to do is write a letter to the concern authority as soon as possible regarding this problem and they will definitely change your center.
27th January 2010, 03:50 PM
asifabegum

my name is a.asifa I filled for computer science and information tecnology by mistake. sir i can change my GATE question paper code now.I want mathematic.
30th January 2010, 01:55 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

I think its to late almost admit cards have been start dispatching,to candidates.

However,once visit the official website of gate for detailed information.

http://www.gate.iitb.ac.in/gate2010_website/
30th January 2010, 10:38 PM
Bella
Senior Member++++

i guess you can do so but its a very complex procedure contact the official for correct guidance
4th February 2010, 11:47 PM
amit04051988
Senior Member+

hi

soory you can't do anything about it
just go to the respective center & write the exam
best of luck
5th February 2010, 02:13 AM
bond007
Senior Member++

yes you can change your exam center just contact the concerned authority for the correct guidance. or you can write a letter to the authority regarding this and specify the center which you want to change along with the necessary information require for it.
5th February 2010, 03:36 AM
rrmohantysmile
Senior Member+

i dont think any further change ments can be made in the aplication form once despatched but yes still you can contact the zonal office and give them proper details and call within working hours and find out if anything happens or they can help.. all the best for the exam and dont worry for that but prepare for the exams....good lluck
13th February 2010, 06:08 PM
Esha Sharma
Senior Member+

Hey Friend
as GATE is going to happen on 14th feb which is very close now so now it's impossible to change your exam center. All the very best
14th February 2010, 01:26 AM
pradeep.g.u
Senior Member+

i think it is not possible to change the exam center .. better you contact your zonal coordinator and try for the best
27th February 2010, 10:33 PM
atanu
Senior Member++

dear friend
it is not possible after the submitting application form...
but you can at least try to change it..
by contacting the authority of G A T E exam center ..
so
good luck.
28th February 2010, 08:52 AM
princearyan
Senior Member+

sorry friend you cant change your centre after posting the application form so please concentrate on your studies.best of luck for your exam.
28th February 2010, 01:55 PM
Mintoo
Senior Member++

No,My friend this is not possible to change the exam center.....
28th February 2010, 10:22 PM
princearyan
Senior Member+

Sorry my dear friend ,the GATE exam is over,the date has been passed.
So there's no question of changing the center.But if you want to know about it you must consult with GATE authirities.
Good luck.
11th March 2010, 12:19 AM
Shafna Ashmi.A

U can change the exam centre by writing a letter to the chairman of the zone connected
14th March 2010, 07:59 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

no...............
after submitting it,
you can not change the centre..........
15th March 2010, 01:28 AM
asish
Senior Member+

dear friend
i am very sorry to say that you cant do so
but still contact the officials and see what they have to say about the matter
all the best
15th March 2010, 07:41 PM
nitishinmit
Senior Member+

hi friend
you cannot change the exam center after submitting the application for of the gate exam................
so it is better for you to forget about these option......and concentrate on your studies.........
23rd March 2010, 02:08 AM
subhasish
Senior Member++

dear friend
it is not possible to change the center.
for more details visit the site:
http://www.gate.iitb.ac.in/
o.k
23rd March 2010, 10:25 AM
vanshu

hello friend you can not change it now you should concentrate on your exam dont worry
28th March 2010, 10:56 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend, after submit the application form, you cant change the exams centre.......
8th July 2010, 04:46 PM
Senior Member+++

dont get in such tensions after submitting your form becoz nthing can be changed after submitting and thatz why concentrate on your preparation
12th July 2010, 03:52 PM
Dkiran

hi,friend there is no process like that to change it,because once it is sent we can afford it,so dont worry about that first prepare for the exam k.
31st July 2010, 08:33 PM
s.k.singh

there is no process like that to change it,so it is not possible to change the center.,but for the confirmation It is better to once visit GATE official website of your respective zone
some websites is as following...
www.iitk.ac.in
www.iitb.ac.in
31st August 2010, 04:15 PM
rajesh gupta 1

Dear friend

As you want to change your exam center after

submittig the application form. you send a request

letter to the IITs in which your form will be send

with a DD of Rs. 200.
18th September 2010, 07:43 PM
Unregistered

sir,when the applications forms are available
19th September 2010, 02:07 AM
avinash kr.
Banned

yes this is possible before 10 days of examination. please contact the examination controler. you can see the website or prospectus. i wish you can get a required answer of your question . thanking you..
23rd October 2010, 07:58 PM
Unregistered

sir i have written my decepline wrong can i change it?
9th November 2010, 04:32 PM
Unregistered

Sir, can I change my GATE exam center after submitting application form?
29th September 2011, 06:52 PM
Unregistered

sir,i made a mistake in writing my date of birth ,and i have submitted my form,,...can i make any changes regarding it... please answer me, sir...
1st October 2011, 07:13 PM
Unregistered

i want to change the pincode can i
6th October 2011, 08:08 PM
Unregistered

Sir,I entered my date of birth wrongly in the submitted application form.Can i change it?
7th October 2011, 12:32 AM
indrajitmishra123
Senior Member+

Location: c/o- Laxmidhar mishra, at- jayapurkilla, p.o.- pipli,dist- puri, pin-752104, orissa

no friend ...now it too late you cannot change.....but try to get help from the institute of gate exam.
17th October 2011, 01:58 AM
Unregistered

Yes, if you can afford for another application money, and if the date for submission is not over, apply new one with different email id:)
17th November 2011, 02:05 PM
Unregistered

send to now centre or old centre for changing exam cities
25th November 2011, 06:40 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by sowkhya View Post
sir,i lost my application no.i didn't receive acknowledgement mail.what can i do now
how could you loose your application number. you should always keep one set of photocopies with you.
anyways its ok if you wont receive your acknowledgemnt card also some time some people may not get the acknowlegdemnet card but they will receive the hall ticket directly.

dont worry
26th November 2011, 12:21 AM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepti_gupta View Post
Dear Friend,

You can do any alteration in any form after submitting the form and the GATE form is not an exception of it. After submitting the form you will not be able to change the examination center.

So you have to appear in the center of examination which you have selected already.

Best Wishes.....
26th November 2011, 10:23 AM
Unregistered

Sir, can i change the address in my application after submiting it
15th December 2011, 06:31 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: Sir, can I change my GATE exam center after submitting application form?

you can change it by submitting 400 rs as penalty charge.......checkout gate 2012 website
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?