22nd April 2016, 01:48 PM
Unregistered

Step to be taken to become an Air Force Officer?

I have given the exam of +2 class this year in science(non-med) side. And i want to become an air force officer. So tell me that what step can i take to fulfill my dream?

22nd April 2016, 09:46 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Step to be taken to become an Air Force Officer?

To become Air Force officer you have to qualify the entrance exam known as NDA that is conducted by National Defence Academy every year. The minimum qualification required to appear in this exam is 12th with physics, chemistry and mathematics with minimum 50% marks from recognised board. Your age limit should be in between 16.5 to 19 years.
22nd April 2016, 11:04 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

# You can become the Air Force officer by Air Force Academy by cracking National Defence Academy (NDA) Examination conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

# Required educational qualification for National Defence Academy (NDA) Examination:

* Intermediate in any stream for joining Indian Army.
* Intermediate in subjects Physics and Mathematics for joining Indian Air Force.
* Intermediate in subjects Physics and Mathematics for joining Indian Navy.

# Following branches are available in Indian Air Force:

* Ground Duty Branch
* Flying Branch
* Technical Branch

# It is required that candidate must be between 16.5 to 19 years of age at the time when the course starts at NDA.

# NDA Examination is male entry mode. As female candidates are not eligible for 10+2 level entry scheme and NDA Examination.

# NDA Examination process includes:

* Written Examination
* SSB Interview
* Medical Examination
* PABT - Pilot Aptitude Battery Test (only for recruitment in Indian Air Force)

# After completion of the three year course at NDA, the cadets (of Indian Air Force) are sent to Air Force Academy (AFA), Hyderabad for further training for one year. Thereafter, Air Force cadets are commissioned as Flying Officers in the Indian Air Force.
22nd April 2016, 11:15 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

To become Air force officer, a candidate must have passed 12th with physics, chemistry and mathematics from recognised board with minimum 50% marks. You have to qualify in NDA exam to enter into Air force field.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?