10th October 2010, 06:26 PM
sasikiran

Is there any entrance exam for M.Tech admission in BITS? or is through GATE score only?

how can i join?
is there any entrance exam or through gate score. If it is through GATE score then how much GATE score and GATE rank is required approximately to get m.tech admission in BITS?

Related Questions:
  1. Is there any entrance exam for M.Tech admission in BITS? or is through GATE score only?
  2. Admission in bits pilani for mtech degree without good GATE score?
  3. Options available for me after getting 30/100 in GATE in ECE branch? Is there any PSU exam providing admission for such a score? Can I get MNIT? Admission procedure of M.Tech course in BITS?
  4. What is the GATE score? What is the eligibility criteria to get admission in BITS Pilani for M.Tech in computer science
  5. Whether can I get admission in M.Tech ECE at BITS Pilani with GATE AIR 6212? -- [New]
  6. Does GATE be the only Entrance Exam to join M.Tech? Career Opportunities after doing M.Tech? Will Companies hire on the basis of GATE score?
  7. Can I do M.Tech after B.E.? Is GATE compulsory?
  8. Which is the entrance exam for getting into M.Tech Petroleum Course? Is it possible to take admission without GATE score?
  9. Which are the M.Tech courses in IIST Trivandrum? When is the entrance exam conducted for M.Tech course? Is it possible for admission through GATE score?
  10. How to do M.Tech after doing B.Tech in IT?
  11. Can I get admission in mtech if my GATE score is just above qualifying score? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Seats in all IITs, NITs, BITS, Jadavpur University, BESU and CSE for M.Tech (CSE)?
  13. PHD in ECE without Gate score card or CSIR UGC NET score?
  14. Mtech in Bits Pilani through GATE exam? or any other exam?
  15. Can I do Mtech from BITs if I didn't qualify GATE exam?
  16. Score needed for admission in MBA or M.E, M.Tech degree? Procedure for admission in IIT or BITS Institutes? Entrance exam to be answered after B.Tech?
  17. How to take admission in M.Tech after passing GATE CS with 31.33? How can I make use of GATE score?
  18. How to apply for M.Tech. course in BITS?
10th October 2010, 08:25 PM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Is there any entrance exam for M.Tech admission in BITS? or is through GATE score only?

Yes there are 2 ways to get an entry into the hallowed portals of the Bits pilani.

No1: Through GATE
No2: Through their personalized entrance exam

You need to get a good AIR above 80 to 85% in GATE if you want to get into BITS otherwise clearing the test of BITS is sufficient to get into the ME courses of BITS pilani
10th October 2010, 09:03 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any entrance exam for M.Tech admission in BITS? or is through GATE score only?

Dear Friend,

Definitely you can get admitted in Birla Institute Of Technology And Science(BITS),Pilani in M.Tech through the entrance exam such as:

1:GATE,
2:Personalized Entrance Exam

there are so many master degree such as
M.Sc.(Tech.): General Studies
M.Sc.(Tech.): Finance
M.Sc.(Tech.): Information Systems

you should score minimum 80 percentile in GATE.

Good luck.
10th October 2010, 10:19 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

yea BITS have its own entrance examination to take admission for M.Tech. but first you have to clear GATE to take admission there. also there is some self sponsored seat in BITS in which you may take without a very good score in GATE. minimum of 80 to 85 percentile in GATE is sufficient to take admission in BITS. also there are some management seat for this institution.
15th October 2010, 03:16 AM
Unregistered

Hello Sir,
Kindly give me some information about the fee for the management seat of M.Tech.
I will be highly obeliged to you.
Thank you
Have a nice day
1st November 2010, 10:09 AM
Unregistered

when d exam vl conducted 2 take direct admission in bits,wdout gate exam........????
is dt exam in december?
plz tel me all conditions 4 it?
2nd November 2010, 09:13 PM
Unregistered

sir,
any instrumentation student can join bit's.Which branch have criteria for instrumentation in bit's.for this what should be cutoff score.
6th November 2010, 12:09 AM
Unregistered

what will be the month of notification for mtech entrance in bits pilani???how to apply..?
6th November 2010, 03:28 PM
Gaurav.jain88

both the options are available for you to get seat at bits pilani.
If you dont score good marks in gate then you have a chance to clear their enterance and get admission there.
Regularly check there website for more information.
They will conduct exam most probably in may.
9th November 2010, 06:26 PM
megha ram singh

Smile Re: Is there any entrance exam for M.Tech admission in BITS? or is through GATE score only?

There are two ways to get admission in M.Tech.

1.Through GATE
2.Through a personalised test

by qualifying GATE you can directly get admission in M.Tech.
27th November 2010, 11:16 PM
Unregistered

sir,
any instrumentation student can join bit's.Which branch have criteria for instrumentation in bit's.for this what should be cutoff score.
11th December 2010, 02:54 PM
Unregistered

last date 4 applyi
16th January 2011, 03:59 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Admission in BITS is not through GATE... GATE is for IITs and IISC only.
11th February 2011, 12:55 AM
Unregistered

Can i make it to bits for mtech even without a rank in Gate?
14th March 2011, 06:39 PM
Unregistered

what is the expected percentile if i get 38 in BT paper in gate?
23rd March 2011, 06:44 PM
Unregistered

is there any entrence exam for m tech admission to BITS? if so when will be the test conducted? how to apply for that?
27th March 2011, 12:31 AM
Mayank Shekhar

Dear,
According to me -
Yes there are 2 ways to get an entry into the hallowed portals of the Bits pilani.

No1: Through GATE
No2: Through their personalized entrance exam

You need to get a good AIR above 80 to 85% in GATE if you want to get into BITS otherwise clearing the test of BITS is sufficient to get into the ME courses of BITS pilani
Thanks.
All the best.
27th March 2011, 10:44 PM
Unregistered

Sir without considering GATE score can't we enter into BITS for persuing MTECH program
25th May 2011, 10:07 PM
Unregistered

is there any entrance exam for M.Tech in Alighar Muslim University? or is through GATE score only?
10th July 2011, 09:47 PM
amisha rath

friend bits has its own exam for admission procedure and it is online exam
11th July 2011, 11:34 AM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasikiran View Post
how can i join?
is there any entrance exam or through gate score. If it is through GATE score then how much GATE score and GATE rank is required approximately to get m.tech admission in BITS?
you can join BITS with the GATE score of 80 to 85 percentile. they also conduct their own entrance exam every year. so if your rank in GATE is not good, then you can qualify for admission in m.tech in bits by giving their entrance exam. the exam is difficult and needs a lot of hard work. so prepared for that.
24th September 2011, 03:40 PM
neha bh

CUT-OFF SCORES FROM VARIOUS INSTITUTIONS
Each institute has its own cut off percentage in the GATE score. We are trying to get information regarding
the history of cut-off scores from all institutions. We will be putting in that information as soon as it comes
available. For now, here is the information we have gathered so far.

Typical cut-off scores:
Above 96 Percentile: IITs., IISC
Between 85-96 Percentile: NITs (previously called as RECs)
Less than 85 perentile: Other institutes

Regards
neha
2nd March 2012, 11:41 AM
Unregistered

what will be the month of notification for mtech entrance in bits pilani???how to apply..?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?