29th March 2015, 04:54 PM
vidhyadeepak

Is there any entrance exam to study B.Tech for 12th Science student?

Hi Sir,
Can you please tell me how do I get
a admission for my son in B.Tech studies?
He is studying in 12th Science standard.
Is there any entrance exam for admission?

9th April 2015, 08:01 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any entrance exam to study B.Tech for 12th Science student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidhyadeepak View Post
Hi Sir,
Can you please tell me how do I get
a admission for my son in B.Tech studies?
He is studying in 12th Science standard.
Is there any entrance exam for admission?
Yes, there are entrance exam for B. Tech that are held once in a year at the National and State Level as well as organized by few reckoned Universities such as JEE Advanced, AIEEE, UP-Tech, DEC, SRM, CMC-Vellore, BIT-SAT, SRM University etc. The online/offline Application forms are available for the month of August onwards for which offline/online exams are held in the month of April-May. The entrance exam is entirely based on 11th and 12th class syllabus comprising of 3 major sections that are Physics, Maths and Chemistry.

Apart from entrance test, some colleges also offered direct admission under Management Quota, for this you have to contact the college/University concerned department. If your son scored good marks in Intermediate examination are eligible for Direct admission under management quota as well as get chances of Scholarship also.

But, to get admission in government colleges, your son have to appear in an entrance test on National & State Level.

B.tech (Bachelor of Technology) is 4 year graduate degree course and only recognized university/college offers this course. Private and Public University offers B.Tech degree course in the following subject areas:

~~ Computer Science and Engineering
~~ Applied Electronics and Instrumentation
~~ Electronics (Communication & Instrumentation) Engineering
~~ Information Technology
~~ Nanotechnology
~~ Mechanical Engineering
~~ Automobile Engineering
~~ Electrical Engineering
~~ Agricultural Engineering (Food Technology Engineering)
~~ Chemical Engineering.

To be eligible for B.tech course, you must have completed your Intermediate examination with Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics as compulsory subjects. with minimum 50% marks.

Admission in the B. Tech program based on the score you achieved in the AIEEE, All India Common Entrance Test (CET), Combined Entrance Examination (CEE) held by the different boards, and Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE).
9th April 2015, 09:24 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any entrance exam to study B.Tech for 12th Science student?

There are so many entrance exams conducted at national level and state level that gives you chance to pursue bachelor's degree in technology.

1. Joint Entrance exam.

If you are interested in pursuing bachelor's degree in technology from top notch colleges for engineering like Indian Institute of Technology, NITs etc, you need to crack this exam.

It consist of two stages like JEE Mains and JEE Advanced.

2. State Level engineering entrance exams like BCECE, UPSEE, MH-CET etc.

3. Aligarh Muslim University Engineering entrance exams.

4. BITSAT from BITS Pilani.

5.SRMEEE for B.Tech from SRM university.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?