31st December 2018, 06:47 PM
Unregistered

Tips to become strong in English for 9th student?

Hi Sir, my daughter is studying in 9th standard. But she is very weak in English. So, I am very much worried about this. I would like to know that how she become strong in English. Please share some tips. Thank you!

3rd January 2019, 03:03 PM
Meg24

Default Re: Tips to become strong in English for 9th student?

Hello,

To improve English communicating skills,I recommend you to make her read novels.
Reading is the best way to improve our speaking abilities.
Also slowly.make her read the newspaper preferably Hindu or The Indian Express.
It will teach hey how to sentences and will improve her vocabulary.
Finally join her for some tuition to improve her grammar skills.
Even good Hollywood series can help her get fluent wid English.
4th January 2019, 04:57 AM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

First of all, one needs to make the base of English strong. For that, one have to read good grammar books like "Highlights of English by PK Mukherjee". After getting control on grammars, try to read and understand short stories. Try and do try it for some months. Then, one can feel that how much control he/she get by practice and practice.

Remember a mantra of Swami Vivekananda "Arise! Awake! And don't stop until the goal is reached!"
4th January 2019, 09:10 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

To become fluent in English language you have to follow these tips:

First of all make sure that English is not your native language so you have to be determined while learning this language.

Second thing that I would like to tell you is that people always do a very big mistake by reading English newspaper but this should be known to you that the language which is used in newspaper is very advanced and cannot be understood easily hence it is always advised that you have to read English story books of children.

Third tip that I would like to give is to surround yourself with English environment like you have to contribute at least 10 to 15 minutes daily to learn English and for that what you can do is to watch videos on YouTube.

Fourth tip that I want to suggest you is to practice English speaking with yourself or your family members but most of the time you cannot get a partner so you can just make yourself on your own partner and for that you can just sit in front of mirror and speak to yourself.

Fifth tip that I want to give you is to be ready to take challenges and be confident with whatever you learn.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?