28th February 2017, 12:05 AM
Unregistered

What is the difference between IIT JAM and JEE Main exam?

Respected Sir, I want to pursue M.Sc Physics from IIT Colleges so I want to know what is the difference between IIT JAM and JEE Mains exam for M.Sc Physics? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. Difference between IIT JAM and IIT JEE
  2. Names of the top universities for MSc Physics?
  3. Scope, syllabus and eligibility for IIT JAM 2016?
  4. Difference between IIT JEE and ISAT preparation?
  5. How many questions to be answered so as to get selected for MCA in IIT JAM in general category?
  6. JEE Main Cut off marks for OBC candidate to take admission in IIT colleges?
  7. What is the scope for electronics diploma?
  8. Eligibility for IIT JAM 2017 for B.Sc appearing students
  9. Difference between IIT JEE and AIEEE exam? How to join IIT Guwahati after 12th? Can a student choose the IIT of their own choice after clearing IIT JEE? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Cutoff marks required in JEE Advanced to study B.Tech in IIT-Mumbai?
  11. Which books should I follow for IIT JAM exam for MCA? Can I get admission in any IITs in India if I am able qualify for IIT JAM? From where to get the forms? Is private tuition necessary?
  12. Does I have to reappear in 12th Board exam if drop a year for JEE Main?
  13. Eligibility to appear in IIT-JAM(MCA) for BCA(IGNOU) 3rd year student who have secured 58% in 12th and 56% in 10th? Do I have to face interview in IIT-JAM? Syllabus and books for preparation of IIT-JAM(MCA)?
  14. How to prepare for IIT-JAM Exam? Previous year Question Papers to prepare for this Exam to join MCA course?
  15. What is the difference between JEE Main and JEE Advance?
  16. What is the last date to apply for IIT JEE entrance exam?
  17. How JEE Main is differ from JEE Advanced for B.Tech degree?
  18. Am I eligible to apply for IIT-JAM for M.Sc if secured 56% aggregate in B.Sc?
2nd March 2017, 11:48 AM
EASY EMI
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is the difference between IIT JAM and JEE Main exam?

IIT stands Indian Institute of Technology and these are known to be the best technical colleges of India.

Now as you are concerned about the difference between JEE and JAM then for your information JEE refers to Joint Entrance Examination and is held for offering admission in undergraduate technical courses in top engineering colleges like IIT, NIT, ISM and other engineering college where as JAM refers to Joint Admission Test in M.Sc and as the name suggests same is held for admission in M.Sc degree in top colleges like IIT, NIT, etc. .

So as you are interested in pursuing M.Sc in Physics from IITs then for that you will have to qualify JAM. Also for details regarding JAM 2017 you can visit the link www.jam.iitd.ac.in. Also for details regarding JEE you can visit the link www,jeemain.nic.in.
4th March 2017, 12:30 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the difference between IIT JAM and JEE Main exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I want to pursue M.Sc Physics from IIT Colleges so I want to know what is the difference between IIT JAM and JEE Mains exam for M.Sc Physics? Please answer as soon as possible.
IIT JAM is conducted for admission in M.Sc course in IIT's.

JEE Main is conducted for admission in Engineering course in IIT's.

If you have completed B.Sc degree in Physics from a recognized University then you are eligible for IIT JAM exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?