25th December 2012, 11:46 AM
Unregistered

What is the duration for CA CPT course

How many years will be taken by this ca cpt course?

27th June 2013, 12:12 PM
nellipudi.santhoshkumar
Senior Member++++

Default Re: What is the duration for CA CPT course

hai,

CPT - Common Proficiency Test

CA Common Proficiency Test(CA CPT) it is an entry level test for Charted Accountancy course.It is test of four subjects i.e

1.Accounting
2.Mercantile Laws
3.General Economics
4.Quantitative Aptitude

This test is of 200 Marks.This test divided into two sessions of two hours each.Objective type test with Nagative Marking.

Session I:

Section A: Fundamentals of Accounting

Section B: Mercantile Laws

Section II:

Section C: General Economics

Section D: Quantitative Aptitude

Eligibility criteria:

A student who has passed 10th standard examination conducted by an examination body constituted by law in India.

OR

An examination recognized by the Central Government as equivalent thereto may register for Common Proficiency Test.

CA CPT Duration:

The course duration is the minimum time that a student has to spend on taking up the course at this level. It is the period starting from, the time the student gets registered for the course, to the time the student completes the course.

A student can appear at the first examination falling immediately after the completion of the minimum duration. The actual time that a student has to spend on the course (from registration to examination) is dependent on the actual date of registration.

CA CPT course duration can be assumed to be 6 months

Exam Dates and Schedule:

This exam is conducted twice in a year in month of June and December.Students have to register two months earlier.

regards........santhosh.............
21st March 2015, 12:29 PM
Unregistered

I am a B.com student i like to become CA but i know nothing about fees, duration,exams so i want to know about it
27th March 2015, 09:02 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How many years will be taken by this ca cpt course?
Common Proficiency test (CPT) examination minimum duration is 2 months as per the ICAI (Institute of Chartered Accountant of India). CPT examinations are conducted once every six months only, the actual time gap between registration and appearing at the CPT examination may be more than 2 months or you can assume 6 months.

After qualifying for CPT, a student will have to undergo three-and-a-half years of practical training. CA Course divided into Three stages.

1. CA CPT
2. CA IPCC
3. CA Final

To be eligible for the second level of the course i.e. PCC (Professional Competency Course), you should have qualified in the CPT. CPT is an objective type examination and to qualify at the CPT, you should have to obtain a total of 50% marks in all the papers together.

The candidate can registered/enroll for CPT test only after completing 10th examination, but they can only appear for CPT test only after passing the intermediate examination. The dates for this year CPT examination is already declared and CPT 2015 dates were already available on ICAI website, to get more details please visit the official website.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?