15th June 2016, 11:46 AM
krishana dahiya

What is the minimum age criteria followed to appear for 10th standard public exam?

What is the minimum age criteria followed to appear for 10th standard public exam? Can you please give me the minimum criteria which is followed for this exam? It will be helpful if you can answer me back as soon as possible. Thanks!

15th June 2016, 01:19 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum age criteria followed to appear for 10th standard public exam?

The minimum age criteria required to appear in 10th standard board examinations is 15 years. Candidates who are pursuing 10th standard but, fail to satisfy the minimum age criteria required to appear in board examinations need to submit Medical Certificate which is obtained from recognised Medical Practitioner to appear in 10th standard board examinations.

The 10th standard board examination marks plays a key role in your career such as getting admission for higher studies or while applying for a job.

So, I suggest you to score at least 80% aggregate marks in your 10th standard board examinations, so, that you will not have any problem for getting admission in any college/ university you wish to pursue your studies and you can also participate in all companies placements while pursuing your Graduation course.
15th June 2016, 02:55 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum age criteria followed to appear for 10th standard public exam?

At first, I would like to make you clear that, Apart from CBSE no other Central or State board of education has provision of age limit for appearing in the Class 10th board examination.

Also as per the norms of CBSE, a student is allowed to appear in the Class 10th board examination if he/she completes his 14 years by the 1st October of that year in which he/she has taken admission in his/her Class 10th.
15th June 2016, 03:07 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

CBSE stands for Central Board of Secondary Education.

The minimum age limit to appear in the CBSE (Central Board for Secondary Education) 10th board exam is in between 14 to 15 years. There is no upper age limit.

The candidate must have completed 14 years of age on or before 31st December of the preceding year of the exam.
15th June 2016, 04:07 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

As per Central Board of Secondary Education the minimum age limit to get admission in 10th standard is candidate must have appeared for 10th board examination at the age 14 years and 5 month as on 31st March of year of appearing for examination.

So, you can visit the school to get more details about admission.
15th June 2016, 04:12 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

Minimum age criteria followed to appear for 10th standard public exam:-

Minimum age:-

->>Minimum age on 31st march of year in which admission
Is sought:-14 year

->>Maximum age on 31st march of year in which admission is
Sought:-16 year.
15th June 2016, 04:54 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Minimum age criteria for 10th standard in public exam:

The age limit should be 15 years or above for you to write the 10th standard exams decided by the 10th board. Is your age is below 15 years then you need to submit submit a medical certificate from any doctor to your school management.
Then you will be eligible to write the 10th standard exam.
15th June 2016, 11:11 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

At first I would like to make you clear that except CBSE no other board of education has provision of any age limit for appearing in CBSE Class 10th board examination.

Also as per the CBSE norms, the student must attain age of 14 years and 5 months till the 1st March of that year in which he/she is appearing in his/her board examination.
15th June 2016, 11:35 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Here We are enclosing some attachment with this you can see the minimum age criteria required for CBSE board exams.

Minimum Age required is 14 years.

Maximum Age :16 years.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf final draft on faqs_2015.pdf(409.6 KB, 42 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?