1st December 2010, 09:55 PM
shushanttiwari

What are the other fields except engineering?

respected sir,i m shushant of class 12 i m weak in my studies bt i want to make my future bright and i m not knowing abt other fields rather than engenering..
can u suggest me some areas and exams which i should try.i m pcm student

2nd December 2010, 02:59 AM
saranarayanan

Default Re: What are the other fields except engineering?

Not engineering alone is best in this world...u will prefer medicine, or B.SC in maths,phy,chem...but studying in good college is important... but as for as arts group is concerned prefer indias top arts and science college like loyola,bits,madras christian college etc...
2nd December 2010, 04:27 PM
sandipk
Senior Member+

hello shusant,

As you r a student of science you hv many fields for your carrer.
but as your subject combination is PCM , hence you can't go for medical entrance exam.

It's good you know about engineering,
entrance exam for engineering are:IIT,AIEEE,JEE .
you hv to get good rank for getting seat in your interested areas.

You can go for BSC with any of your interesting subject as onerce.

If you r interested for defence then also you can apply for it.

You can apply for NDA.

You can go for BCA or BBA also then after MCA or MBA respectively.

Now the choice is yours.

good luck....
2nd December 2010, 07:01 PM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

Hi Shushant,

Don't be so weak. Take your weakness as a challenge and break the barriers that are stopping you to get hold on your subjects.
Don't you think that engineering is an easy filed. It comes with a lot of hard and smart work and dedication. You can't be a successful engineer enless you score good in your PCM. So stress on them.
If you want to do something other than engg. you can go for BCA, BSc, BBA like courses after 12th class.
And don't worry you will be successful as you are caring for your future.
2nd December 2010, 07:08 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

U can go for commerce and arts.
In commerce , u can do CA or bcom ...then MBA, clerk through bank exams
In arts , try your hand at civil service ... hotel management
3rd December 2010, 12:54 AM
miniking

other than engineering you have lot of ways

1.degree
2.nursing
3.airhoster
4.pilot training
5.many diploma courses
4th December 2010, 01:30 AM
lavanyaratala

hai......
Vry good choice of not taking engineering......These days it has got least preference....So better to go for other like animations,Hotel managements, Designs, fashion designing course
Even there are many jobs which they will provide with 12th as eligibility......Railway exams are also there to write....Also you can do many short term courses as i explained earlier..
4th December 2010, 04:33 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

except engineering there are so many career option after class 12. you should not worry about it.

medical- beside engineering you may try for medical studies. but as you say that you are weak in studies then i think it will not preferable for you. then go for the other option.

general study- you may study in general line in B.Sc with a good subject. choose one subject in which you have good interest. physics chemistry have a good demand in market.

other professional courses- if you want to make your future better after doin some professional courses then also you may try. then go for BCA or BBA. these two have good demand. after graduation complete your master degree then easily you will get good job. like after BCA complete MCA or after BBA complete MBA. the salary also good enough after studying this.

best wishes.
4th December 2010, 04:44 PM
ASID

Quote:
Originally Posted by shushanttiwari View Post
respected sir,i m shushant of class 12 i m weak in my studies bt i want to make my future bright and i m not knowing abt other fields rather than engenering..
ya dear you can do graduation in computer field by joining bsc it. it is very simple to complete graduation in BSC- it and now in these days there is a huge scope of IT field. rather this others courses are Fashion designing also
4th December 2010, 04:56 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

hello shushant

after reading your question i analyzed this as not only problem of your's

most students of your age are facing this problem no need to worry about it try these suggestions out of my experience

apart from engineering there are many interesting careers with in the hands of you
check out these

animation : as u told u don't have much interest on studies u might have interest on games and creative thoughts u can try this with some top most animation institutes across our india

gaming field : this is the most attractive field of young students those who want to settle in their career with attractive salaries with posh lifestyle this can posible by chosing this ..

sports : apart from studies you can go into some interesting sports like cricket hockey football table tennis and many more if your'e capable of managing your parents to support in the career of sports

cinema field : this is the most colorful career u can think up on but take a wise decision this is bit risky but you can try some technical fields

electronic media : this most respectable job if you succeed in it particularly and i can say it as most powerful job too

and many more many more like this if i go on saying

all which matters is your interest and financial support by your parents

take a wise decision and settle soon in your career

best wishes

--ADITYA
4th December 2010, 05:17 PM
ranjan123raj

Quote:
Dear Shushant Tiwari
Barring engineering after 12 th exam you have a lot of option to make your career bright. You can take admission in BCA ( Bachelor of Computer Application ) which is in high demand in job market, B.Pharma (BAchelor of Pharmacy), BDT.(Bachelor in Dairy Technology), Bachelor in Agriculture Engineering and Bachelor in Agriculture, etc. You can take admission in integrated course in various universities. You also appear in competitive examination for jobs like Bank clerk (Minimum educational qualification 10 th pass) which leads to bank officer through departmental examination, railway apprenticeship examination conducted by railway board from time to time.
So do not worry, be happy......A lot of Option for you barring engineering.
4th December 2010, 05:24 PM
ramakant sharma

Smile Re: What are the other fields except engineering?

hi shushant look engineering is not only line after pcm group but as you are saying that you are week in studies than it comes to you but is your interested area or field where you can work easily.

apart from engineering you may go for
hotel management it is also good field
hospital management.
you may go for general science field like BCA, BSC in maths, chemistry, physics,it,cse,bioinformatics,remote sensing

all of them should be completed through good universities
now as far your interest concern you need to analyse yourself think what is your hobby or what can you do there are lots of courses apart from that man which may full fill your hobby .

so next time give your hobby points or area in which you are intrested we wiil be there with lots of course among with all sufficiant information to complete them

don't take tension all the best
4th December 2010, 06:31 PM
phanirajendrababu

Thumbs up Re: What are the other fields except engineering?

Quote:
fine,friend engeeneering isnot so apt as u r weak but u can have architecture which leads now at best position even u can have a chance for rrbs,banks etc.. i hope u have a better life.all the best.
4th December 2010, 06:55 PM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Talking Re: What are the other fields except engineering?

Quote:
After 12th standard there are many way of study,one of these are engineering for science student,except engineering i will suggest you for BCA or BBA there has alot of chance to build agood carrer...
4th December 2010, 07:19 PM
jits
Senior Member++++

There are handful of options other than Engineering.There are many other fields other than Engineering like B.Sc,BBA,BBM,Hotel Management courses,Aviation field and many other such evergreen streams.

You need not worry about studies,gaining knowledge is important.Just try to score above 70% and the rest all is based upon your talent.

Everything depends upon your interest friend.Just try to know the courses offered by the best colleges in your city.You can even go through the NDA exam and other railway exams conducted by UPSC.

all the best
4th December 2010, 08:42 PM

hello sushant,
sushant myself archana
sushant i know that you are a student of 12 with PCM group and you know about engineering right.
sushant first of all i advice you that if you know only about engineering thaen you choose the field in engineering ok.there is many ways like UPTU,AIEEE,IIT etc.but sushant there is not to know only about engineering firstly you should strong your subject ok.the paper IItT is not so simple and you know well they give only two chance with appearing 10+2.so if u effort then its my suggestion u join any coaching which preparing for IIT ok.I also suggest some book which help you in your field.
Mathematics IIT...........TATA MICHGROW HILL publication
chemistry.........................by O.P. Agrewal
Physics ..................Arihant Publication
sashant if you well prepare for IIT then uyou really got your goal ok.and if you got high rank in IIT JEE then thgere is also some other program like AIEEE,UPTU right.
so dear sushant always remember that

chand bannne ki kosis karo aap chand nhi to kya ek tara jarur banoge.
all the best
4th December 2010, 10:12 PM
chandana Reddy

hi...
after engineering there are various other fields like medicine,bca,bsc,nursing courses...

good luck
4th December 2010, 10:14 PM
manish24verma

Quote:
Dear Shushant Tiwari
A lot of option you have after 12th exam barring engineering. Options are as follows:
1. Bachelor of Computer Application from colleges/premier institute which offer this course.
2. Bachelor of Agriculture science from colleges/ Agriculture universities offered for this course.
3.Bachelor of Agriculture Engineering from Agriculture universities/premier institutes offered for this course.
4. Bachelor of Pharmacy from premier institutes offered for this course.
5.Bachelor of Fisheries from premier institutes/colleges offered for this course.
6. Bachelor of Dairy Technology from premier institutes offered for this course.
7. Bachelor in Science from colleges offered forthis course.
More over, you also can make career in joining banks, railways, Army,Air force and Naval:

1. Bank recruitment board from time to time advertises posts for clerks. You can apply for the post.
2. Railway recruitment board also recruits Apprentice by conducting competitive exam of Railway Apprenticeship every year.
3. National Defence Academy also conducts competitive exam every year for three years course. After successful completion of course NDA offers job in Army.
4. After 12 th pass You also join Air force. Air Force recruits officers for technical and non technical posts.
5. Naval academy also recruits officers just like NDA.
So do not worry, be happy. A lot of opportunities wait for you.
4th December 2010, 11:10 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

hi!

After passing 12th in science you can opt for a no. of degree & diploma courses other than engineering to enhance your future career prospects. Some of the these courses are:

BBA
BCA
BHM
BPharma
Bsc
BArch

Diploma in retail management
Diploma in banking & finance
Diploma in fashion designing
4th December 2010, 11:11 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

This is the time when a student mostly will be in dilema but one should go with the field of his interest.

If you have interest in Physics
Then you can join B.Sc. Physics and then go for post graduation not only in Physics but also in fields such as Astrophysics, Geology and newly introduced course called Geoinformatics.

If you have interest in Chemistry
After finishing your undergraduation in Chemistry you can choose Biochemistry at post graduation level which will be very interesting and you will also have a great opportunity in abroad.

If you have interest in Maths
Engineering is best and You can do your post graduation in maths. You can also go for Statistics which has got great scope.

If you are interested in COMPUTERS:
You can go in for MCA or M.Sc. I.T. after your undergraduation.
5th December 2010, 09:37 PM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hii
the other fields except engineering

You can't be a successful engineer enless you score good in your PCM. So stress on them.
If you want to do something other than engg. you can go for BCA, BSc, BBA like courses after 12th class.

good luck.
5th December 2010, 10:46 PM
Sachin Narayan

Hi,
If u r not interested in engineering others fields for u are:

1. U can either go for a job
2. Or can study further

1. For job
- u r eligible for
BANK CLERICAL POST
AIRMEN IN INDIAN AIR FORCE AND SAME CADRE IN ARMED FORCES OF INDIA

2. For further study
- u can opt for Bsc or other diploma courses.
besides main stream studies u can go for professional courses like BBA and BCA which leads to MBA and MCA respectively.

thank you
6th December 2010, 08:26 AM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hii
the other fields except engineering
Barring engineering after 12 th exam you have a lot of option to make your career bright. You can take admission in BCA ( Bachelor of Computer Application ) which is in high demand in job market, B.Pharma (BAchelor of Pharmacy), BDT.(Bachelor in Dairy Technology), Bachelor in Agriculture Engineering and Bachelor in Agriculture, etc. You can take admission in integrated course in various universities. You also appear in competitive examination for jobs like Bank clerk (Minimum educational qualification 10 th pass) which leads to bank officer through departmental examination, railway apprenticeship examination conducted by railway board from time to time.
LAW, fashion///are also some of the other filds..

good luck.
6th December 2010, 09:24 AM
rahul_kumar066

you have not told about your subject but one thing i will say in these day there are long list of other career obtion other than engineering you could better consult from conseller
6th December 2010, 12:46 PM
Unregistered

sir,i m shushant of class 12 i m weak in my studies bt i want to make my future bright and i m not knowing abt other fields rather than engenering..
can u suggest me some areas and exams which i should try.i m pcm student[/QUOTE]
12th January 2011, 04:52 PM
Unregistered

i have juz entered my 12th....nd i am a pcm student....nd i seriously have no idea about wat shud i do after my 12th........plz suggest me sum good carrer options other than engineering....nd also wat is d percentage for 12th boards for qualifying various competitive exams..plz help me...!!
15th April 2011, 09:46 PM
Unregistered

Hello respected mam/sir
this is Aashitha koushik iv just passed out my 2nd puc wid PCME combination m a lil weak in my studies so pls help me and suggest me as to wat i can do now
15th April 2011, 11:06 PM
strange_rahul
Senior Member+

You can go for:
BCA
BBA
B.Sc
or
you can try for NDA examination..which is best for you..
22nd May 2011, 12:20 AM
Unregistered

what wre the other fields then engineering for pcm student?
26th May 2011, 07:06 PM
Unregistered

what are the subjects we should take in class 12 to make career in architect ?
28th May 2011, 01:49 AM
mailmeshekhar2011

Hi dear,
As you r a student of science you hv many fields for your carrer.
but as your subject combination is PCM , hence you can't go for medical entrance exam.

It's good you know about engineering,
you hv to get good rank for getting seat in your interested areas.

You can go for BSC with any of your interesting subject as onerce.

If you r interested for defence then also you can apply for it.

You can apply for NDA.

You can go for BCA or BBA also then after MCA or MBA respectively.

Now the choice is yours.

Thanks
14th July 2011, 11:59 PM
shekhar.379

Hi dear,

after reading your question i analyzed this as not only problem of your's

most students of your age are facing this problem no need to worry about it try these suggestions out of my experience

apart from engineering there are many interesting careers with in the hands of you
check out these

animation : as u told u don't have much interest on studies u might have interest on games and creative thoughts u can try this with some top most animation institutes across our india

gaming field : this is the most attractive field of young students those who want to settle in their career with attractive salaries with posh lifestyle this can posible by chosing this ..

sports : apart from studies you can go into some interesting sports like cricket hockey football table tennis and many more if your'e capable of managing your parents to support in the career of sports

cinema field : this is the most colorful career u can think up on but take a wise decision this is bit risky but you can try some technical fields

electronic media : this most respectable job if you succeed in it particularly and i can say it as most powerful job too

and many more many more like this if i go on saying

all which matters is your interest and financial support by your parents

take a wise decision and settle soon in your career

Thanks
4th April 2012, 04:50 PM
Unregistered

hey frnds wot shud i take cmrce wid maths or pcm in 11th m very much confused m nt dat gud in science but my parents used to say dat if u will start concentrating in science den u will urself develop taste of it...so m very much confused i can do chem n maths but physics i doubt it.........n i think in pcm i cnt get top ranks in aiee n all dose comps....n cmmrce...well!! i dnt knw anything about accounts n bst but as m in maths so i feel i cn do very gud....so m extremely confused wot to take...plz help yaar...:(
4th April 2012, 08:10 PM
geniustammy

As you mentioned that you are a student of pcm, so you can not do medical
but you have a lot of choices in this field as even in engineering itself, you can opt for
BIO-TECHNOLOGY
BIO INFORMATICS
B.SC in any field like computers,etc
B.C.A
B.B.A.
B.A.
FASHION DESIGNING
B.ARCH
1st May 2012, 02:43 PM
Unregistered

hiii sir .i m ruchi chauhan.....in 12th class...i want to do petroleum engineering ...so what can i do.plz give me some suggestion?
28th June 2013, 08:03 PM
Unregistered

Hey me satyam raj sir,i want to ask u that how much marks i have to obtain to get admitted in D.U after 12th.what r the option of cources.
29th June 2013, 02:53 AM
rhiayrash

There are many field except engineering.Here is the list

BCA
BBA
MBA
B.SC
M.SC
P.H.D
fashion designing
Interior designing
Architecture
BIOETCHNOLOGY
PHARMACY
NDA
IT
Hotel management
Charted accountancy course.
Graphic designing
animation
web designing
Bioinformatics.
CS
ICWAI
Hospitality ManagemenT
Tourism ManagemenT
medical
Law
films & fashion
JEWELARY DESIGINING
29th June 2013, 09:06 PM
saswat1989
Senior Member+

Hi,
t's good you know about engineering,
you have to get good rank for getting seat in your interested areas
You can go for BSC with any of your interesting subject
If you r interested for defence then also you can apply for it.You can apply for NDA.You can go for BCA or BBA also then after MCA or MBA respectively.
thanks
29th June 2013, 09:13 PM
pinksony

Hello friend,

i know your really worried about your future.....

Im here to help you ......there are many fields not only engineering but also you can do c.a (chartered accountant) which is evergreen.....and also you can do b.com ,bba,bca,bsc......
After completing your graduation you can also do mba which has demand............

So don't wory about your future and take
"right decision at right time"

choice is your's my dear........

All the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?