12th April 2010, 08:14 PM
Deepak bahadur chhetri

What is the procedure of join merchant navy as Deck Cadet? duration of course and placements prospects?

Dear sir/mam,
I want to join merchant navy as a Deck Cadet . I passed 10+2 From k.v. missamari with 52 % .
so pls inform me abt our course as well as our placement and time duration of course ,
I can join as soon as possible .
So inform me .
Deepak chhteri

13th April 2010, 11:47 AM
bond007
Senior Member++

Default Re: What is the procedure of join merchant navy as Deck Cadet? duration of course and placements prospects?

i am sorry to inform you that you are not eligible for the merchant navy as the minimum marks required by them is 60% and you have scored only 52%........

still you can get into merchant navy by paid seat......so go for that institute which provide paid seat facility..............
13th April 2010, 08:18 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Default Re: What is the procedure of join merchant navy as Deck Cadet? duration of course and placements prospects?

You have'nt provide us the complete detail of your education so that I can guide you accordingly

However,the minimum requirement for joining the merchant navy as a deck cadet is candidate should have passed 12 months,which is offered by various institutes across India.The minimum requirement for which is the candidate must have passed class 12 (PCM) with at least 60% aggregate or some institutes also have 55% as minimum requirement.

Duration of full training is 12 months,and the course fees varies from institutes to institutes.however inticatively it will cost at least 70,000 for one year only course fees.

However,private institutes can demand anything between 1,20,000 - 1,50,000.

Best of Luck
14th April 2010, 08:35 PM
Bella
Senior Member++++

after 12th you have to appear for some entrance exam conducted by different institute......and if you clear the exam then you will be called for an interview and if you clear it then you will be placed in some good shipping company.............but you must have score more than 60% in 12th...............
16th May 2010, 02:53 PM
Unregistered

I want to join merchant navy and want to do diploma in nautical science course.I have scored 66% marks in PCM in class 12th.and suggest how to get pre sponsorship.so reply me on my email id [email protected] or u can cal on 09905998262 or 09031690776.
18th May 2010, 04:39 PM
Unregistered

Hi I'm ive just passed out my 10th boards and i want to join merchant navy, i know the eligibility, i want to know about the institutes....
can anyone please help me?
my email id - [email protected]
mobile no. - 9785092713 (mom's)
Name - Mayank Dassani
25th May 2010, 11:41 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepak bahadur chhetri View Post
Dear sir/mam,
I want to join merchant navy as a Deck Cadet . I passed 10+2 From k.v. missamari with 52 % .
so pls inform me abt our course as well as our placement and time duration of course ,
I can join as soon as possible .
So inform me .
Deepak chhteri
Ans...
Yes you can easily join Merchant Navy as a Deck Cadet.
we have some new openings in Dubai, Singapore, Thai, Honkong, Saudi Arabia etc.
1st you have to clear that which course you have done in Merchant Navy?? Do you have CDC??
Contact for more detail....
Syed
25th May 2010, 11:08 PM
Unregistered

I GOT 61%IN 12 CLASS AND 53%IN PCM .PLS TELL ME IM ELIGIBLE FOR MERCHIANT NAVY OR NOT?
26th May 2010, 11:33 PM
Unregistered

i got 51% in 12 class. pls tell me that i m eligible for merchant or not?
email [email protected]
Mo.no.9819488572
Name-Ajay Sharma
27th May 2010, 04:27 PM
Unregistered

Rdspected sir/mam,I have obtained 63.2% in xii with PCM,ENGLISH & C as subjects but i have scored only 45 marks in maths wheras in physics 72 & chemistry 72 marks.i want to join merchant navy.which would be more suitable for me-nautical science or deck cadet.also suggest me some shipping companies.
29th May 2010, 11:38 AM
Unregistered

SIR,, MYSELF RAJESH WANNA JOIN MERCHANT NAVY .I HAVE PASSED MY 12'TH CLASS FROM C.B.S.E. BOARD IN 2009 WITH 65% & I HAVE GOT 64% IN P.C.M. ,ENGLISH & PHY. EDU. WERE MY ADDITIONAL SUBJECTS & I HAVE GOT 61 MARKS IN ENGLISH ALSO I HAVE FILLED THE APPLICATION FORM F IMU DNS COURSE PLEASE TELL WHICH COMPANIES HAVE GIVE OUT THEIR APPLICATION FORM FOR DECK CADET 2010 I WILL BE VERY THANKFULL TO YOU PLEASE GIVE THESE DETAILS ON MY EMAIL ID ,,MY EMAIL ID IS '[email protected]' THANKING YOU
31st May 2010, 05:53 AM
sadhan
Senior Member+

dear friend,
you must have to pass 12th with minimum 60% marks and
procedure of join merchant navy as Deck Cadet is that you have do 12 months pre sea course.
31st May 2010, 12:36 PM
Unregistered

Hi i have completed B.Tech in electronics& Communication with one year experience .i also hold management diploma in post graduate with one year experience.I wish to join merchant navy. please advice which course is suitable and institute from where i can pursue that course,i want to go where placement is 100% sponsered.
5th June 2010, 08:15 PM
Unregistered

WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE OF JOIN MERCHANT NAVY AS DECK CADET? I HAVE COMPLETED MY GRADUATION WITH CHEMISTRY AND I HAVE PHYSICS IN FIRST YEAR , I HAVEN'T MATHS IN 10 2 SO PLS TELL ME THAT CAN I JOIN MERCHANT NAVY? I HAVE 53% IN FINAL YEAR.
6th June 2010, 05:22 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE OF JOIN MERCHANT NAVY AS DECK CADET? I HAVE COMPLETED MY GRADUATION WITH CHEMISTRY AND I HAVE PHYSICS IN FIRST YEAR , I HAVEN'T MATHS IN 10 2 SO PLS TELL ME THAT CAN I JOIN MERCHANT NAVY? I HAVE 53% IN FINAL YEAR.
Well...... myfriend, your bachelors degree is not going to give you much advantage provided you have a bachelor degree in nautical science or marine engineering.
basically there are two ways to join merchant navy as deck cadet

1. Going for B.Sc nautical science degree of T.S.Chanakya, Mumbai through a joint entrance exam conducted by Indian Institute of technology.

2.Direct entry as deck cadet

The minimum eleigibility to enter as deck cadet or B.Sc nautical science is
10+2 with Physics, chemistry and Maths.

If you apply for direct entry as deck cadet, you will need to go through a pre-sewa training arranged by the recruiting company.
11th June 2010, 08:56 AM
Unregistered

helllo sir
i have passed 10 2 in 45%
pls confirm im eligible for merchant or not?
email id [email protected]
13th June 2010, 11:49 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
helllo sir
i have passed 10 2 in 45%
pls confirm im eligible for merchant or not?
email id [email protected]

Sorry dear you are not eligilble for to join any training or course for Merchant Navy, minimum aggregate required in +2 is 60% including PCM.

As there is also not direct or any other good entry scheme for Non-science students.

Regards
~Faiyaz~
13th June 2010, 04:10 PM
garg.satish0
Senior Member++++

dear firend ,

sorry!!!! to inform you that you are not eligible for it since candidate must has to satisfy the criteria of having at least 60% in their +2 examination conducted by all central board affiliated boards .

duration : the duration of the course is about 12 months .

hope your doubt to be solved.
feel free to post as many doubts as you can , we are here to solve your doubts as mush as possible .

regards
~satish
17th June 2010, 05:28 PM
Unregistered

Are the interviews and entrance exam of merchant navy easy?
21st June 2010, 08:32 PM
Unregistered

i have got 45% in (pcm) in 2 , am i eligible for the deck cadet course
22nd June 2010, 11:02 AM
Unregistered

Dear student
pze contact me my e mail [email protected] or cell No 09700822637
Thank YOu
K V RAO
CAPT
25th June 2010, 12:33 PM
Unregistered

hello sir i am passed in H.S.C. in 71.5% in2010 i am call a deck cadet [email protected]
30th June 2010, 11:03 AM
Unregistered

my name is Rahul ,i had passed 12th with an aggregate of 61% ..i am from commerce background ,,,so please tell me how to apply for merchant
1st July 2010, 03:09 PM
aks171

Sir please tell me overall training fees from any institutes as adeck cadet in merchant navy
1st July 2010, 03:17 PM
Unregistered

iam an engineer student . i want to join merchant navy as a deck cadet.
can you tell me what is the procedure to join merchant navy?
2nd July 2010, 06:23 PM
Unregistered

dear sir,
i am pass 10th with grace in maths with 40% total.
pls confirm im eligible for gp rating or not?
2nd July 2010, 07:25 PM
rohitpathania

Sir,
i have secured marks as follows from H.P. board:-

English 79
Mathematics 42
Physics 58
Chemistry 56
Information Practices(Computer/IP) 72
Total 307/500
Percentage for PCM:- 52%
Overall % - 62%

am I eligible for the Deck Cadet Course or marine engineering ??
if yes then what is the total fees of course?
and What about the placement after the course??
and what is last date for joining??
Do reply fast!!
will be thankful to you!
Kindly help!
3rd July 2010, 01:21 AM
Unregistered

you have to give your IMU examination if you want to enrol for DNS(Diploma in Nautical science) if you like to give your exam in India.You require minimum 55% pCM and 60% in english to comply
3rd July 2010, 10:24 AM
Unregistered

sir, i m studying in class 12th & i want to join merchant navy as a deck cadet directly after 12th pass.... plz tell me briefly what i have
to do? vijay mahar
3rd July 2010, 11:35 AM
Unregistered

i have completed my b.tech with 67% aggregate in branch electronics and communication engineering i have secured 61%marks in 12th will i join merchant navy and how? reply me on [email protected] or call me on 09999291945,9336781762
3rd July 2010, 12:43 PM
Unregistered

sir I have qulified in IMU CET .Now wht is the next step ?Can you sent names of top INU affliated colleges?
6th July 2010, 08:47 PM
Unregistered

RESPECTED SIR I AM STUDENT OF B.sc FOR (PCM)
i have completed 10 2 PCM with 75.2%
What is the procedure of join merchant navy as Deck Cadet? duration of course and placements prospects?
PLEASE SEND ME MORE INFORMATION ON MY E-MAIL [email protected]
THANKS
14th July 2010, 11:51 AM
Unregistered

hello i am gurpreet singh. I have passed my 12th with 74% in non-medical and i got 73% in PCM. am i eligible for deck cadet in merchant nauy? if yes then tell me a procedure for it
my e-mail id is [email protected]
my contact no. is 9646195073
26th July 2010, 06:23 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

the minimum requirement for joining the merchant navy as a
deck cadet is candidate should have passed 12 months,
which is offered by various institutes across India.The minimum requirement for which is the candidate must have passed class 12 (PCM) with
at least 60% aggregate or
some institutes also have 55% as minimum requirement.
2nd August 2010, 03:50 PM
Unregistered

hi m priyesh patil i m passed with 12sci wit 46% nd i hv also completed seamen course from indian maratine institude.so i wnt 2 apply for deck cadet then plz give me some information.if its nt possible for me 2 bcom deck cadet.then give me some information about other cources plz
11th August 2010, 04:02 PM
Unregistered

how to join merchant navy as deck cadet if i have secured 67% in 12(hsc). & can i join it now or its too late.
12th August 2010, 10:17 AM
Unregistered

my name is dheeraj ,my % in 10 2 is 57%;i want to join the merchant navy as a deck cadet ... please tell me about the intitutes which provides the training for deck cadet course

dheeraj singh
[email protected]
20th August 2010, 12:31 AM
Unregistered

hellow sir,,my self shashank yadav
i have completed my 12th in 2009 with overall percentage 64 and with pcm 56..so kindly tell me about the elegibilty criteria
for marine engg and deck cadet,,,,,,,
and also tell some colleges for marine engg and deck cadet also..,,,
20th August 2010, 08:50 AM
richa420
Banned

frnd
i m very sorry to say that u r not eligible to apply in merchant navy as u hav secured only 52% marks nd minimum eligibility for merchant navy is 60% in +2(PCM).

Thank u
20th August 2010, 04:59 PM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

Dear frend,
the procedure to join merchant navy as Deck Cadet is that you should give some entrance exam after 10+2 level.....the minimun percentage of marks in aggregate is 60%......after that you can join any institute.the duration in for 12 months.......
Wish you All The Best!!!!!!!!
18th September 2010, 04:23 PM
Unregistered

Pls tell the next CET Dates for DECK CADET of Indian Maritime University
5th October 2010, 01:15 PM
Unregistered

i m in 12th std i want to know does MH-cet is requried for merchant cadet job
is there any entrance exam how can i apply for it
let me know at [email protected]
8th October 2010, 10:34 PM
Unregistered

hello sir i am harmandeep singh sir i have passed the 12th in non medical with the percentage in PCM 55%. plz tell me sir how i join merchant navy. and tell me the eligible criteria to join merchant navy.! is there any entrance exam to join merchant navy and what is the creteria of entrance exam..!! on my e-mail id [email protected]
6th November 2010, 10:39 PM
ushakiran.g

i am ushakiran.G I COMPLETED BETECH IN (ELETRONICS &COMMUNCATION ENGEERING)IN HYD 2010(PASSED OUT)I HAVE INTRESTED TO JOIN IN NAVY DECK CADET COURSE,PLEASE GIVE ME ADMISSION &COURSE FEE DEATILS,(MONTHS-AMOUNT) AND OTHER DEATILS SEND ME REPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
THANKING YOU
EMAIL:[email protected],USHAKIRANGOLLAPALLI@ YAHOO.IN
MOBILE NO:9494334288,9441713088
13th January 2011, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

Sir, i have complited my diploma in mechanical with only 48% after 10th class. i am too much interested to make my career in marine. so plz guide me how can i join the marine(Deck Cadet/Third Engineer).
Thanks & Regards
Nilesh Badgujar
Email:[email protected]
Mobile No.:09893538126,07709273496
21st January 2011, 12:48 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Ans...
Yes you can easily join Merchant Navy as a Deck Cadet.
we have some new openings in Dubai, Singapore, Thai, Honkong, Saudi Arabia etc.
1st you have to clear that which course you have done in Merchant Navy?? Do you have CDC??
Contact for more detail....
Syed
I DO HAV A CDC WITH ALL TANKER CO CAN U GIV UR CONTACT NO TO [email protected]
21st February 2011, 02:50 PM
Unregistered

Dear student
Kindly contact my email [email protected] or 09030561597
29th March 2011, 04:32 PM
Unregistered

sir,madam i want to know all he info about deck cadit kindly send me all the info about his.I shall be hankful to you for this.
4th April 2011, 04:44 PM
Unregistered

What is the procedure of join merchant navy as Deck Cadet? duration of course and placements prospects? Let me know the institute who offer course through paid seat.

regards
Naval
[email protected]
15th April 2011, 07:47 PM
Unregistered

sir,
I am shubham and i"ll be apearing for 10 2 next year. I have secured 82.8% marks in 10th and trying to do well in 12th also. I want to join merchant navy after 12th, please tell me how i can join merchant navy and what will be the best career in merchant navy for me ?
please contact me...
shubham kohli
id:[email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?