13th July 2011, 11:19 PM
Unregistered

What role does the mechanical engineering degree plays in civil services examination? I prefer arts subject for the same

sir..i am a student of mechanical engg.........but i want to appear civils through arts,beacuse i love arts rather than science and techonology.....situations made me to take enggering inspite of my interest...but i am very much dedicated towards civils through arts...as it is my dream since my school days....
sir i request you to please let me known how far my degree in mechanical engeering plays a role..in my civils exam even i prefer to wards arts subject.........

28th August 2015, 04:36 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What role does the mechanical engineering degree plays in civil services examination? I prefer arts subject for the same

No, it is of no use, until you choose mechanical engineering itself as an optional subject.

According to the eligibility criteria released by the UPSC :

* The candidate should be a citizen of India.

* The candidate should have completed graduation through any stream under the scheme of 10+2+3 at least form a recognized university.

* The candidate should be of 21 years at least at the time of application.

* The candidate should be physically and medically fit.

So, no matter which graduation degree you pursue, you will be eligible for the CSE.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?