31st October 2015, 12:59 PM
Prashant yadav shivam

What should I do to write NDA exam and join in Air Force?

Sir/Mam,

I have 58.4% in PCM. What I have do the NDA exam? Please sir my dream in a join air force.? I am expecting to get the answer soon as possible on the same. Just let me know the way to prepare well for the exam and join air force. Thank youQ

31st October 2015, 02:28 PM
Career advisor

Default Re: What should I do to write NDA exam and join in Air Force?

NDA(National Defence Academy):
To prepare for NDA exam to join IAF,you have to be good in Maths,as your percentage is less than 60%,you don't have to worry about your 10+2 percentage,you can take coaching from the reputed institutes of India like:
->Baalnoi Academy
->Minerva Academy
If you don't want to take coaching then you can take books for self study like published by Arihant publications.
31st October 2015, 03:11 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for the National Defense Academy and it is the entrance examination conduced by the UPSC twice every year.

Yes, you are eligible to appear for the examination to get the recruitment in the IAF as the required eligibility to appear for the Aif Force is candidates must have passed the 10+2 from the recognised board and the age between the 16.5-19.5 years.

The examination is conducted in the two stages and you have to qualify in all the stages for the final selection. For more information about the examination visit at the www.upsc.gov.in.
31st October 2015, 03:38 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for the National Defence Academy. The entrance examination is conducted by the UPSC twice every year for recruitment of candidates into different wings of defence like Army, Navy, Air force.

To be eligible for the NDA exam, a candidate must have done 10+2 from a recognized stream. For Navy and Airforce, mathematics and physics is necessary. The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years.

You must be unmarried male India citizen for NDA exam.

As you have scored 58.4% in PCM in 10+2, you are eligible for the NDA exam. It consists of written test and Service Selection board.

The simple way to prepare for this exam is to have good practice of questions of Mathematics from 10th to 10+2, mug up the Lucent General Knowledge, read newspapers for current affairs.
31st October 2015, 05:18 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

It is good if you are interested in Air force then you have to appear in NDA exam:
Eligibility of exam is:

1. A candidate should have maths, physics, chemistry and English as compulsory subjects to appear in the exam.

2. Age limit is 16.5-19 years
31st October 2015, 07:03 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defense Academy and it is an academy that provides necessary training and education to those who get selected for joining NDA and are interested to make career in the Indian defense. NDA has three wings which are Indian Navy, Indian Air force and Indian Army.

For getting selected for NDA one has to clear NDA examination which is conducted twice every year by Union Public Service Commission in two stages which are called as Written Examination and Service Selection Board interview respectively.

--> The qualifications required for appearing in the same examination are as here under :-

*You must be an unmarried Indian male candidate.

* Your age must be within 16.5 years to 19 years.

* You must have either completed or must be in the final year of your higher secondary school degree or any equivalent degree course with any discipline from a recognized university. For your eligibility for Indian Navy and Indian Air force you must have Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as your main subjects in the same degree course.

* You must maintain physical and mental fitness as per the service requirement norms.

For clearing the same examination you must focus on the general awareness, vocabulary, general knowledge along with your board syllabus. For better assistance you can join any coaching class or practice with guides.

For more details about the syllabus, question pattern and updates you can log on to the official link of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in.
31st October 2015, 07:25 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to join the Air Force through the NDA examination. NDA stands for National Defense Academy. The examination is conducted by the UPSC twice every year and provides a better opportunity to join the defence service as an officer.

So you need to qualify in the examination conducted in two stages as written and SSB. The eligibility to appear for the examination is candidates must have passed the 10+2 from the recognised board with the PCM for the Navy and Air Force. Candidates age must be between the 16.5-19.5 years. Only unmarried male candidates are eligible.

So if you fulfil all the above criteria you are eligible to appear for the examination. For more information visit at the www.upsc.gov.in.
31st October 2015, 07:26 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

As, you have completed your 12th class with PCM with 58.4% of marks, you are eligible to appear for NDA Exam as you are meeting the eligibility criteria for this exam.

Here is the complete selection procedure for the candidates to make entry into Indian Air Force
NDA Exam
Interview
Physical Test.

Candidates should have completed 12th class with Mathematics and Physics to be eligible to apply for this Exam.

Candidates should be in the age group of 16.5 years to 19 years to apply for this Exam.

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to take this Exam.

Female candidates are not allowed to take this Exam.

The nationality of the citizen should be India.

Hope you meet all this criteria. If met, apply for upcoming NDA Exam and crack it.

There is a huge competition for this Exam. Definitely it is not so easy to get through the exam and placed in Air Force.

Better join in a good coaching institute. They will provide the complete exam pattern and the way to score good marks in the Exam.

Take mock tests as many as you can and don't miss the previous year asked questions.

If you do hard work, you can easily crack the exam and you don't need to look back after joining in Indian Air Force.

For this academic year, the last date to apply for NDA II Exam was already over. Again you can apply for NDA I Exam of upcoming year. The notification will be released in the month of January.

Meanwhile have good preparation for this exam and try to be strong enough in all the aspects of the written exam by the time you appear for it.
31st October 2015, 07:40 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

In order to write NDA entrance examination, you must apply for the NDA entrance exam when UPSC releases the important dates for application. You can apply online at the official website of UPSC www.upsconline.nic.in.

Eligibility criteria:

~~10+2 passed or appearing from a recognized board like CBSE, ICSE etc. Airforce and Navy aspirants must have physics and mathematics in 10+2.

~~Age limit is 16.5-19.5 years,

~~You must be unmarried male Indian citizen. Female candidates not eligible for this exam.
31st October 2015, 07:49 PM
kachhadiyaramesh

NDA is the National Defence Academy Exam which conducted twice a year by UPSC.NDA having three branch namely Indiam Army , Indian Navy & Indian Air Force.If you are interested in Indian Air Force , then you should apply for Indian Air Force in NDA.

Eligibility of NDA
- You must have Indian Citizenship
- You must have passed (10+2) from recognized board.
- Your age must be betweem 16.5 to 19 years.

Selection
- NDA Written Exam
- Pilot Battery Aptitude Test
- Interview

Paper Pattern
- Mathas : 300 Marks (2.5 Hours)
- General Ability Test : 600 Marks (2.5 Hours)
- All question will be objective types & Nagative marking system for wrong answer.

Application Procedure
- Visit the site : www.upsconline.nic.in
- Click " Apply Online"
- Select NDA Exam
- Fill the online application form
- Upload scanned Photograph & Signature
- Pay the Fees online
- Submit the Application
- Note the Application Number for reference & Print out the Application

Important Dates
- Start Online Application : 02/01/2016
- Last Date to Apply : 29/01/2016
- Download Admit-Cards : April Month
- NDA Exam : 17 April , 2016
31st October 2015, 09:04 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

To write the NDA examination conducted by the UPSC twice every year you have to fill up the online application form released by the UPSC in the month of January and July every year.

After giving the application you have to appear in the written examination and after qualifying in the written examination you are eligible for the SSB.

As ob the basis of performance in your board examination you need to work hard on the mathematics, general knowledge and English to qualify in the examination. For more information visit at the www.upsc.gov.in.
31st October 2015, 09:31 PM
18Angel
Senior Member+

You must have passed 12th in Physics,Maths & chemistry from any recognized board.The percentage doesn't really matter.

You are eligible for NDA exam.NDA stands for National Defense Academy.This exam is conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

Age should be between 16.5 to 19 years.

You must have physically fit for applying NDA exam.

Unmarried Male candidates can apply for this exam
31st October 2015, 09:57 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Actually Two options available to get recruited into Indian Air Force through NDA. First and fore most thing you need to is satisfy the eligibility criteria for Various exams.

Options available based on qualification for Indian Air Force.

<> NDA -- You should be unmarried Male candidate

-- Age should be in between 16 /2 to 19 years.

-- Final year candidates of 12th can also eligible to apply for NDA examination.

<> CDS -- Both Male and Female candidates are eligible.

-- Minimum Age : 19 years

-- Maximum Age : 23 years.

-- Final year candidates who have completed graduation in B.Sc with Maths, Physics and Chemistry are eligible.
31st October 2015, 10:06 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prashant yadav shivam View Post
Sir/Mam,

I have 58.4% in PCM. What I have do the NDA exam? Please sir my dream in a join air force.? I am expecting to get the answer soon as possible on the same. Just let me know the way to prepare well for the exam and join air force. Thank youQ
NDA Exam Pattern:-
  1. Mathematics- 2.5 Hours- 300 marks
  2. General Ability Test- 2.5 Hours- 600 marks
The General Ability Test consists of the following categories:-
  • English- 200 marks
  • General Knowledge- 400 marks
Top NDA Books to follow:-

-Pathfinder for NDA & NA Entrance Examination 1st Edition (Paperback)
Author: PK Mittal, OP Bisht, Neetika Goyal
Publisher: Arihant Publications I Pvt Ltd

-Study Package for NDA/NA Entrance Examination 1st Edition (Paperback)
Author: Tata Mcgraw Hill
Publisher: Tata Mcgraw Hill Education

-NDA/NA Chapterwise-Sectionwise Previous Years Question of Mathematics / English / General Ability With Explanatory Solutions (Paperback)
Author: Expert Compilations
Publisher: Arihant Publications

-NDA/NA Guide (Paperback)
Author: RPH Editorial Board
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House

-NDA-NA National Defence Academy & Naval Academy Examinations Guide (Paperback)
Author: G. K
Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd

Top NDA Coaching Institutes:-
  • Cavalier India
  • Cavalier pvt Ltd
  • O.P.Singh’s IAS Academy
  • Olive Greens
  • Tara Institute
  • New Careers Academy
  • A.C. Vidyasagar Classes
  • Akshardham the Competitive Exams Academy
  • Baalnoi Academy
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?