24th August 2017, 01:35 PM
Unregistered

Will I get admission for BCA if I take commerce without Accountancy?

Will I get Admission for BCA if I take commerce without accountancy?
I can take commerce with Marketing and Multimedia and web technology but without accountancy, Will I get Admission for BCA in this case? Please help me out.

Related Questions:
  1. Qualification required for BCA course. Can a commerce student apply for BCA ? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Is Maths needed to get admission for BCA?
  3. How can I take admission in Chartered Accountancy Course? How can I take admission in the course after completing 12th in Commerce field?
  4. Am I eligible to study BCA through distance mode in Kerala after completion of commerce?
  5. Can I pursue BCA course from Kerala? I am commerce student
  6. Can i do BCA in Kerala after completion of my 12th in commerce stream?
  7. Whether best of 4 subjects includes English and Bengali in 12th Commerce for admission in B.Com(Accountancy)?
  8. How much percentage to score to get in BCA after 12th? Can I do BCA after 12th without Maths?
  9. Can I get direct admission to study Cost Accountancy being an Accountancy graduate?
  10. BCA or ICAI, which offers better opportunity to 11th Commerce student? -- [New]
  11. Can I get admission to study Accountancy Honours if secured 70% in 12th Commerce WBCHSE in Kolkata?
  12. Possibility to study B.Com course after 12th Mathematics and Biology (PCMB)? How to become a CA?
  13. Can I study B.Com(Accountancy) Honours being a 12th Commerce without Mathematics candidate?
  14. Can I get admission to study B.Com(Accountancy) if secured 53% in 12th Science?
  15. Can I get admission to study B.Com(Accountancy) if secured 51% in 12th Science?
  16. Is it necessary to pursue Science and Maths to further study BCA? Eligibility and percentage criteria to study BCA outside Kerala for 12th Commerce state Board candidate?
  17. What is the requirement to get admission in BCA after 12th commerce? I am going to join BCA course
  18. Can I get admission in mentioned colleges if completed 12th Commerce from NIOS without Maths?
25th August 2017, 04:55 AM
starberry

Default Re: Will I get admission for BCA if I take commerce without Accountancy?

Yes, you will get admission in BCA if you take commerce without accountancy.
The eligibility criteria for BCA course is Higher secondary with minimum 50% aggregate marks and mathematics as one of the subjects in qualifying exam. Thus, You will be eligible to get admission in BCA course if you have Maths as one of the subjects.
25th August 2017, 09:53 AM
Shubhanggi

Smile Re: Will I get admission for BCA if I take commerce without Accountancy?

Hey, yes you can get admission for BCA if you take commerce without Accountancy. Because this course is based on computer field so, doesn't mater whether you are from commerce, arts or science. Any stream's students can take admission in BCA.
25th August 2017, 07:30 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I get admission for BCA if I take commerce without Accountancy?

BCA (Bachelor of Computer Application) is an 3 year under graduation course.

For studying BCA the candidate should have done their 10+2 or equivalent education in mathematics as a subject from any recognized board.
The minimum required percentage may vary based on the state and university.
Some universities conduct entrance exam and some give admission directly based on the previous year performance.
25th August 2017, 08:31 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

BCA refers to Bachelor of Computer Application and same it is a bachelor degree course of three years which very good scope in software world which is digitally emerging.

The minimum educational qualification required for pursuing for BCA degree course is a higher secondary school degree in any discipline from a recognized board of education. Some institutes do ask for Mathematics and English as main subjects for admission in their institutes.

So as far as you are concerned about your possibility to pursue BCA degree being a commerce stream student without Accountancy you are eligible for admission in most of the colleges as Accountancy is not a compulsory subject to pursue BCA degree course.
26th August 2017, 10:23 PM
Solo13
Senior Member+

BCA stands for bachelor of computer application. BCA is equivalent to bachelor's degree. BCA is related to computer and its application including software.
BCA has of 3 year of duration.

A candidate must be 12th passed with minimum 50% marks is eligible for BCA.
You are eligible to get admission in BCA.
26th August 2017, 11:14 PM
manjira...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Will I get Admission for BCA if I take commerce without accountancy?
I can take commerce with Marketing and Multimedia and web technology but without accountancy, Will I get Admission for BCA in this case? Please help me out.
Yes you can get admission in BCA course after completing 10+2 level with accountancy as one of the subjects. The commerce candidates are also eligible to apply for the BCA degree.

BCA is Bachelor of Computer Application. It is a undergraduate degree course of 3 years in duration. The course deals with computer languages, programming, C++, Java, C# etc.

The eligibility criteria for BCA admission are

Candidates should have passed 10+2 level or equivalent in any stream with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized board.

Candidates should have studied Mathematics or Computer Science in 12th level as a compulsory subject.

The age of the candidates should be more than 17 years.

Some of the colleges held entrance examination for admission in BCA course. The admission is based on the total marks obtained in the entrance examination and the marks obtained in 10+2 level.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?