28th October 2021, 09:00 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear for BPSC or UPSC exam after doing B.Sc in computer science or B.Sc in IT(Information Technology)?

Can I appear for BPSC or UPSC exam after doing B.Tech in computer science?

30th October 2021, 12:06 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for BPSC or UPSC exam after doing B.Sc in computer science or B.Sc in IT(Information Technology)?

The basic and minimum qualification required for BPSC (Bihar Public Service Commission) Combined Competitive Examination simply referred as BPSC examination and Civil Services examination (often referred as UPSC examination) is a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

So, once you complete your B.Tech. in Computer Science degree course which is a graduation degree, you will be definitely eligible for appearing in the BPSC examination and the Civil Services examination as far as the educational qualification for the same examination is concerned.

For complete details regarding the BPSC examination, you can refer to the link www.bpsc.bih.nic.in while for details regarding the UPSC examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.nic.in.
30th October 2021, 01:16 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for BPSC or UPSC exam after doing B.Sc in computer science or B.Sc in IT(Information Technology)?

Yes, you can appear in BPSC or UPSC exam. You just need to have a valid graduation degree from any stream to appear in IAS examination (UPSC)or (BPSC). But computer science is not in the optional list of UPSC or BPSC. So, you have to choose an optional from the list on the basis of your interest and availability of resources. As you have mentioned you are a CS Graduate, you will score good in science and tech and this will also help you in your Gs paper in Mains.
30th October 2021, 01:29 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can appear for BPSC or UPSC examination after doing a BSc in Computer Science or BSc in Information Technology. The educational qualification required for both examinations is a candidate must have a graduate degree from a recognized university. The minimum age to apply for the BPSC examination is 20 years and the maximum age limit is 37 years. The minimum age to apply for the UPSC examination is 21 years and the maximum age limit is 32 years.

I am also giving you the BPSC and UPSC website link for your reference that is www.bpsc.bih.nic.in/www.upsc.gov.in
30th October 2021, 06:48 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Candidates passed bachelor degree from a recognised university are eligible to appear for the UPSC or BPSC examination.

The age limit is 21-32 years for UPSC and 21-37 years for BPSC, relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

The examination is conducted in three stages. So, you will become eligible to appear for the examination after qualifying in all stages of the examination.
31st October 2021, 01:47 AM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

Yes. After completion of your Graduation degree, you are eligible to appear for BPSC or UPSC exam. Because candidates should complete Graduation Degree from a recognized university to get eligible for BPSC or UPSC exam.
31st October 2021, 08:50 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility for BPSC and UPSC is :-

Educational qualification - Bachelor degree in any discipline.

Age limit - 21-32 years ( UPSC ) and 21-37 years ( BPSC ).

Examination is conducted in three stages - Preliminary, Mains and Interview.

So, you are eligible to appear for the examination and after qualifying in all stages eligible for final selection.
31st October 2021, 08:52 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can definitely appear in BPSC (Bihar Public Service Commission) and UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) examination after completion of your B.Sc. degree in Information Technology or Computer Science or B.Tech. in Computer Science degree course from a recognised university as for appearing in Public Service Commission (PSC) Examination, the basic education required is a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognised university and therefore stream of academic degree does not matter as far as the eligibility for the such examinations are concerned.
31st October 2021, 12:33 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria required to apply for BPSC or UPSC recruitment Examinations:

The basic eligibility criteria required to apply for BPSC or UPSC recruitment examinations is given below,

Name of the organization- BPSC or Union Public Service Commission

>> Yes. You are certainly eligible to apply for this recruitment.

>> The minimum educational qualification required is Graduation or Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university or institute.

>> As any course in Bachelor's degree is allowed, I can say that you are eligible for this recruitment.

There are so many various books available in the market for preparing for examination. Hence make sure you work hard for getting selected in the recruitment.
31st October 2021, 01:24 PM
Pikachuuuu

Yes, You can appear for BPSC or UPSC exam after doing B.Sc in computer science or B.Sc in IT(Information Technology).

Any graduate candidate is eligible for UPSC/BPSC exam irrespective of their specialization or course.

Your age should be minimum 20 years for BPSC.
Your age should be minimum 21 years for UPSC.

You must be graduated from recognized university.

Your final selection will be done through personal interview.
31st October 2021, 09:39 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

After completion of your graduation you can appear for GPSC and UPSC exams

The eligibility criteria to appear in any UPSC exam-
Educational qualification:-
=>Candidate must have completed the graduation first.
=>Candidates should not have any pending backlogs.

Age criteria:-
=>They should be in between 21 to 30 years.
=>SC/STAge relaxation is 5 years and for OBC Age relaxation in 3 years.
=>If your age is less than 30 year then you can definitely eligible for any UPSC exam.

BPSC eligibility criteria:-
Educational qualification:-
=>Graduate degree from recognised university or an equivalent qualification.
=>BPSC age limit for general category male aspirants:
*Minimum age 20 21 and 22 years
*Maximum age 37 years
31st October 2021, 09:54 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for BPSC or UPSC examination.

The required eligibility is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognized university.

So, you are eligible to appear for the examination and after qualifying in all the stages eligible for the final selection.
13th November 2021, 02:55 PM
Unregistered

can i apper for bpsc and upsc after btech cse ai
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?