18th March 2015, 02:31 PM
Unregistered

Can I get job in IAS, IPS and IFS if completed B.Tech with 2 backlogs?

Sir,
I have completed B.Tech but having 2 backlogs.
I want to get high profile government jobs like
IAS, IPS and IFS. Kindly tell me I can apply for these jobs?
Waiting for your reply.

19th March 2015, 01:54 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I get job in IAS, IPS and IFS if completed B.Tech with 2 backlogs?

No, you are not eligible to apply for IAS, IPS and IFS examination having two backlogs. To apply for IAS, IPS and IFS, you need to clear all your backlogs to appear for this examination. To apply for IAS, IPS and IFS, you need to crack the Civil Service Examination, which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. Let's see the eligibility criteria to apply for this examination.

-> You should have completed bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent qualification.

-> No backlogs at the time of appearing for this examination. Even, final year of degree course may also apply.

-> No percentage bar is there to apply.

-> You must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years as on 1st August of the year of examination.
19th March 2015, 02:32 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get job in IAS, IPS and IFS if completed B.Tech with 2 backlogs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I have completed B.Tech but having 2 backlogs.
I want to get high profile government jobs like
IAS, IPS and IFS. Kindly tell me I can apply for these jobs?
Waiting for your reply.
If you have cleared your backlogs then you are eligible for IAS, IPS and IFS exam otherwise not. All exams are conducted by UPSC through Civil Service exam.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for Civil Service exam.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for Civil Service exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview

Books for Civil Service exam:-

IAS PRE: Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency
by Upscportal
Publisher: Upscportal.com
Price: Rs. 225

UPSC IAS PRE: English Grammar and Usage
by Upscportal
Publisher: UPSCPORTAL Publications
Price: Rs. 220

UPSC PORTAL: English Language Comprehension Skills
by UPSCportal Editorial Board
Publisher: Upsc Portal
Price: Rs. 150

UPSC Portal General Knowledge Manual
by UPSCportal Editorial Board
Publisher: Upscportal.com
Price: Rs. 150
21st March 2015, 06:13 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

I am really sorry dear you don't have a eligibility to apply for the any Civil's Examination untill you complete the Backlogs. Since Only the candidates who have complete the Graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

For further clarification you can have a look on the below eligibility criteria.

Eligibility criteria for Civil's Examination :

1.You should have a graduation degree with any discipline from a recognized University.

2.Age should be in between 21 to 30 years and there is a age relaxation for the reserved candidates as per the government norms.

So my best suggestion is to complete the graduation without any backlogs then you can try for Civil's.
14th April 2015, 03:59 PM
Ashwakh

No , you are not eligible to apply for the Civil services exam now. To apply for the Civil services exam , you should clear your Backlogs cumpolsarily. There is no other way for you to apply for the Civil services exam having 2 backlogs.

** Remember to apply for the civil services exam , the applying candidate shouldhave succesfully completed Graduation from a recognised university .

That point also refers that there shouldnot be any backlogs also .

So , try to Clear those 2 backlogs as soon as possible . And also note the Age criteria will also plays a key role in applying Civil services exam.

Age criteria for Civil services exam:-
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1) For General category candidates , age shouldbe in between 21-30 years only
2) For OBC Category candidates , age shouldbe in between 21-33 years only
3) For SC , ST category candidates , age shouldbe in between 21-35 years only

Number of Attempts :-
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For OC Category , only 4 Attempts are allowed
For OBC Category , only 7 attempts are allowed
For SC , ST category candidates , there is no restriction in number of attempts
15th April 2015, 09:30 AM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

Eligibility to apply for Indian Civil Service/ Police Service/ Foreign Service Examination :

For your kind information, these all posts are recruited through only one examination that is called Indian Civil Service examination and UPSC board is responsible to recruit all these posts through this examination so you can apply for this exam if you have :

A bachelor's degree in any stream/ subject from a recognized university.

Candidates appearing for final exams are also eligible to apply

Age of the candidate should not be more than 32 years to apply for this exam and must be at least 21 year old to apply.

You have completed your B.Tech with 2 backlogs that means you have not cleared your B.Tech degree yet that is why you are not eligible to apply because of not completion.

There might be a condition that is : If you will clear your backlogs in a year means will not take more than a year then you will be eligible to apply for this exam because when final year students can apply then you are also eligible.

So clear your backlogs first and also apply for ICS exam and start preparation.

IFS - Indian Foreign Service Officers are selected on the basis of marks secured by top level 10-20 candidates after final selection in ICS examination.

IPS - Indian Police Service Officers are selected after qualifying written test, physical test, medical test and interview process with total marks secured in all the stages.

IAS - Indian Administrative Service Officers are selected after selections of IFS Officers and other services as per the priority of candidates because there are many other preferences can be given such as IRS - Indian Revenue Services, IAS in Railways, IAS in Excise and Customs, IAS in External Affairs etc. so list is prepared for final selection based on marks.

You will have to take help of any coaching center and if you can prepare yourself then you need to buy some good books to clear Preliminary Test then Mains examination and interview process so start preparation as per the availability of time you have because it is one year to conduct next ICS examination in 2016 so you should prepare by focusing that exam and be well prepared to get your dream job as you expected for your career option.
15th April 2015, 04:58 PM
kunalroy89

You will be eligible once you clear the backlogs. You would not be allowed to appear for the Mains even if you clear the prelims of Civil service exams but do not clear backlogs.
Complete marksheets are needed if you clear prelims and before appearing for mains you need to submit another form and marksheets. So you have time till November-December when the mains are conducted, to clear your pending backlogs. Till then keep preparing well for CS prelim or CSAT
6th June 2016, 04:22 PM
Unregistered

Sir in btech under exemption rule with 2 backlogs also university gives the pass degree certificate so that we are unable to write the exams again is it okay to appear for civils examination??awaiting for your fast reply sir
6th June 2016, 04:33 PM
Unregistered

Sir in btech under exemption rule with 2 backlogs also university gives the pass degree certificate so that we are unable to write the exams again is it okay to appear for civils examination??awaiting for your fast reply sir
27th June 2016, 01:18 PM
Khurit
Senior Member+

To get the high profile job like IAS, IPS or IFS you must clear your backlogs. You can not apply for any jobs with backlogs. First clear your backlogs then apply for the Civil Service. I have notification for the Civil Service Exam which will help you in understanding the criteria of appearing for the same.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf UPSC Civil Service 2016.pdf(653.2 KB, 45 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?