19th August 2015, 11:11 PM
Unregistered

Detailed information and eligibility to apply in UPSC exams for B.A.(Economics) final year student?

Hello,
I am doing B.A.(Economics) in final year. I want to give UPSC exams. I want to know the details of this UPSC exams for me and also the eligibility criteria. Please let me know immediately.

Related Questions:
  1. What are the recruitment exams available to appear in UPSC for B.Com graduate? Detailed information and eligibility to apply?
  2. When the notification of Indian Statistical Services exam will be released? Detailed information and eligibility to apply for B.Sc(Statistics) final year student?
  3. Detailed procedure to apply for UPSC Custom Officer recruitment exam? Coaching classes for preparation in Gandhidham?
  4. Can a B.Tech ECE student apply for IES exam? Should I apply online or offline for the exam?
  5. Detailed procedure and eligibility to apply for Internship in AIIMS for BDS final year student?
  6. Can I apply for UPSC exam after passing B.Com final year with 78% marks
  7. Detailed Procedure to apply for SCRA Exam?
  8. Detailed information and eligibility to apply in Indian Forest Service exam for B.E.(ECE) final year student?
  9. Eligibility to appear in UPSC exam for B.Sc with M.Sc student?
  10. Detailed information about PSU recruitment exams for B.Tech(Aeronautical Engineering) final year student?
  11. UPSC Medical Officer exam eligibility for final year MBBS student?
  12. UPSC examinations dates? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Minimum qualification required for IAS
  14. Eligibility criteria for UPSC and TNPSC exam?
  15. Offline date of application form of GATE?
  16. Detailed information, procedure and eligibility to join Indian Postal Service for B.Com final year student?
  17. How can I prepare to crack UPSC exams if pursuing B.E. 1st year? Procedure to apply and suitable books to prepare for UPSC exams?
  18. Vacancy and exams for dentists(b.d.s) in government sector through upsc or cmse exams?
25th August 2015, 02:06 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Detailed information and eligibility to apply in UPSC exams for B.A.(Economics) final year student?

UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) is an examination conducting agency which conducts several recruitment examinations every year. Examinations conducted by UPSC are,
* Civil Services Examination (Prelims)
* Civil Services Examination (Mains)
* Combined Defense Services
* Special Class Railway Apprentices Examination
* Engineering Services Examination
* Indian Forest Service Examination
* Indian Economics Service/ Indian Statistical Services Examination
* Central Police Forces

Since you are going to complete your Graduation (B.A in Economics) this year, I am sure you are certainly treated as a Graduate. The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in Civil Services Prelims, Mains, Combined Defense Services, Indian Forest Services Examinations is "Graduate Degree" or Bachelor Degree in any discipline. Since you are from Economics field, you are eligible to apply for the just mentioned examinations.

Click here for More Details
25th August 2015, 09:50 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Detailed information and eligibility to apply in UPSC exams for B.A.(Economics) final year student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I am doing B.A.(Economics) in final year. I want to give UPSC exams. I want to know the details of this UPSC exams for me and also the eligibility criteria. Please let me know immediately.
After completion of B.A in Economics you are eligible for UPSC exam like CDS exam.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Indian naval academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics subjects from a recognized university.

Indian Air force academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics from a recognized university.

Indian Military academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Officers Training Academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Age criteria:-

Indian Military Academy: - 19-24 Years
Air Force Academy: - 19-23 Years
Naval Academy: - 19-22 Years
Officer's Training Academy: - 19-25 Years
25th August 2015, 10:23 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

To be eligible to appear in UPSC examinations, the candidate must have completed Graduation degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university. The minimum age required to appear in UPSC examination is 21 years and the maximum age allowed to appear is 30 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules. By satisfying the required eligibility criteria, you can apply for UPSC examinations.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?