4th November 2022, 10:03 PM
Unregistered

Do I have to do any course for being an Indian foreign service officer other than preparing for UPSC exam?

I am a commerce student. Do I have to do any course for being an Indian foreign service officer other than preparing for UPSC exam? Can I chose IFS over IRS freely?

5th November 2022, 09:51 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Do I have to do any course for being an Indian foreign service officer other than preparing for UPSC exam?

No, you do not need to prepare any thing extra for becoming an IFS (Indian Foreign Service) officer if you are preparing for the Civil Services examination held by UPSC as IFS is one the services under Civil Services and therefore the same syllabus and pattern of the Civil Services examination is applicable for the IFS also.

Just at the time of personal interview you might have to justify your preference of IFS over other services under Civil Services examination.

For complete details regarding the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
6th November 2022, 03:39 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Do I have to do any course for being an Indian foreign service officer other than preparing for UPSC exam?

To become an Indian Foreign service, you have to appear and qualify in UPSC examination.

The eligibility to apply for the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university. The age limit is 21-32 years and relaxation for reserved category.

So, you can appear for the examination on the basis of your qualification. For detail information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?