7th November 2021, 09:40 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to become an IPS after BCA or do I need to pursue another course?

Hello Sir/Madam.., I am Bhavya.B completed my BCA and now i want to become commissioner
1.which course is suitable for me?
2. what is the duration of that course?
3. which all the colleges offering that course in Bangalore?
4.is it possible to do I.P.S after BCA?
5.what will be approximate money i have to invest to complete that course

Please guide me

yours faithfully
Bhavya.B

8th November 2021, 03:13 PM
Ayesha baig
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to become an IPS after BCA or do I need to pursue another course?

Yes to become a IPS ,you must have a graduation degree in any stream from a recognized university.Age limit for IPS is minimum 21 years and maximum 32 years.
9th November 2021, 04:05 PM
periwinkle09876

Default Re: Is it possible to become an IPS after BCA or do I need to pursue another course?

YES, it is possible to become an IPS after completion of BCA degree because the minimum educational qualification required to appear in IPS examination that is civil services conducted by Union Public Service Commission is graduation in any discipline from a recognised university or Institute.
Therefore, you are eligible to become an IPS after completing BCA degree course.

Age of the candidate should be between 21 to 32 years and relaxation in upper age limit is provided to reserved category students.

Official website for more information
http://www.upsc.gov.in
10th November 2021, 06:27 PM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

Yes. After completing BCA, you are eligible to become an IPS. For that, you have to appear for the UPSC civil services examination and get a qualifying score to become an IPS officer.
10th November 2021, 11:12 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

After completion of BCA course, you are eligible for IPS officer but you should qualify in Civil Service exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized University are eligible for Civil Service exam.

To become a Commissioner, you must be an IPS officer with experience.
11th November 2021, 07:22 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible to appear for Civil Service Examination. Civil Service examination is conducted by UPSC.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university. The age limit is 21-32 years.

Examination is conducted in three stages. So, you can start preparation for the examination. For more information about the examination and syllabus visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
11th November 2021, 07:38 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

IPS stands for Indian Police Service and to be an IPS officer you are required to qualify the Civil Service examination held by UPSC once every year.

Further, for appearing in the Civil Service examination is a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

So, having completed your BCA degree course, you are eligible for appearing in the Civil Service examination as far as the educational requirement for the same examination is concerned.

Further, the time of preparatory courses offered by well knowned coaching institutes for Civil Services examination is around 1 years and the cost of such course is around 1 lakh to 2 lakh varying from coaching to coaching.
11th November 2021, 11:29 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

B.C.A is three year undergraduate course. You are eligible to appear for Civil Service examination after the BCA.

The examination is conducted in three stages and candidates have to appear and qualify in all the stages for final selection.

The fee structure is not same for all the courses. So, visit the official website to get detail information about admission procedure.
12th November 2021, 06:54 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, after passing BCA course you can become IPS officer IPS is Indian police service to join appears you need to appear in Indian Civil Service Examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission annually.

Eligibility conditions to appear in this exam:-

You should have best graduation degree from UGC recognised University.

Age should be between 21 to 30 years and relaxation of five years is given to SC / ST and 3 years for OBC candidates.

You must be an Indian citizen.

You should know English and Hindi.

Civil Service Exam has two stages:-
-Preliminary Exam
-Main exam
If you pass both exam then you will be called for Interview & Physical Test.
13th November 2021, 01:33 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

The cadre controlling Authority for IPS is Ministry of Home Affairs .
Eligibility
Candidate must have bachelor's degree in any stream thus BCA students are also eligible.
Those who are in their final year are also eligible for UPSC exam.
The age limit is 21- 32 yrs.
Height should be 165cm
Chest minimum 84 cm
Vision 6/6 or 6/9.
To get in to IPS , he/she has to clear CSE (Civil Service Exam) conducted by UPSC with good percentage.
Aspirant should study at an average of 7-8 hrs to crack the exam .

If you take the help of coaching for preparation , it will cost you around 3 Lacs
13th November 2021, 10:12 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Yes you can definately appear for IAS OR IPS Exam after doing BCA.

The eligibility criteria for these is that candidate should have passed Graduation Degree from a recognized University.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?