14th February 2015, 04:12 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear in JEE Main & Advanced 2 times if dropping a year for preparation after 12th?

Hello
I have just decided to drop one year for
the preparation of JEE Main & Advanced
so I am not giving entrance exam in my
this year of passing the 12th, so did I have two
chances left for JEE Main & Advanced or have
I lost my one chance?

16th February 2015, 06:02 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in JEE Main & Advanced 2 times if dropping a year for preparation after 12th?

If you are not appearing for JEE main and Advanced exam, this year, then you will have only one chance left. That's because a candidate can make only two attempts, where the first one is immediately after completing his/her 12th standard and another one in the next upcoming year. For a clear understanding, I would like to explain you by example. For example, if you have completed your 12th standard in 2015, you can appear for only JEE main and advanced exams, which are conducted in 2015 and 2016. But, you are not eligible to appear for JEE main and advanced exam 2017, even you have used only one of your two attempts.
16th February 2015, 06:11 PM
bablurocks

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in JEE Main & Advanced 2 times if dropping a year for preparation after 12th?

JEE Main Eligibility Criteria:-

You must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics, compulsorily.

You must have studied any one of the subjects as optional subjects – Chemistry, Computer Science, Biology and Bio-technology.

You must have secured minimum 50% marks in total in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM).

JEE Main 2015 aspirants must have qualified their Class XII or other qualifying examination in the year 2013 or 2014.

A maximum of three attempts are allowed per student targeting JEE Mains. However, other eligibility criteria must also be fulfilled.

Therefore you are eligible for JEE Main & Advanced exam.
16th February 2015, 08:24 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear in JEE Main examination two times but, only one time in JEE Advanced examination because, the maximum number of attempts allowed to appear in JEE Main examination is three times that too in three consecutive years after completion of your 12th standard from a recognised board and the maximum number of attempts allowed to appear in JEE Advanced examination is two times that too in two consecutive years after completion of your 12th standard from a recognised board. Since, you are going to drop one year for preparation of JEE Main and Advanced examination after completion of your 12th standard, you will lose one choice to appear in JEE Main and Advanced examination and you will be left with only two attempts to appear in JEE Main and one attempt to appear in JEE Advanced examination.
13th January 2017, 11:20 PM
Unregistered

Sir/mam, I want to become an Astronaut. Now I am preparing for plus two final exam.so for this, which field I should select in engineering?
14th June 2019, 02:06 PM
Deepanshu3010

Since you are dropping your one year this will be your second chance for JEE mains
and last chance for JEE advanced.

The maximum no. of attempts allowed for JEE mains is three while for JEE advanced
it is two.

You can only appear for JEE advanced if you have qualified JEE mains.

I hope you get it.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?