27th February 2017, 11:20 AM
Unregistered

Can a 12th with Art stream study BCA course? Which course I can do along with Computer?

Hello sir, I have completed 12th with Art stream without Mathematics and got 79% marks. Can I study BCA course? Which course I can do along with Computer?

Related Questions:
  1. Is it possible to get admission in BCA with 52% marsk in 12th?
  2. Is it possible to study commerce stream 11th and 12th while studying BCA 4th semester?
  3. Can I do BCA after passing 12th in Arts stream without Maths -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Can I study BCA if pursuing Multimedia as a subject in 12th Commerce? List of BCA colleges in Gujarat?
  5. Can I study BCA if got failed in 12th Physics and didn't study Computer? Will I get job if pursue BCA in Ranchi University?
  6. Can I do BCA or BBA after doing computer science?
  7. Should i prefer Diploma over BCA course after passing 12th?
  8. Can i study BCA after taking Arts in my Intermediate?
  9. Can I study BCA with IT and without Maths in 12th? Is it necessary to study Science in 12th for further pursuing BCA?
  10. Possibility to study BCA after completing 12th Commerce with Computer Application?
  11. Can I study BCA if completed 12th without Computer Science? List of colleges in Kerala, scope and syllabus of BCA program?
  12. From which bank should I take education loan to study BA in Fine Art? Am I eligible to get any scholarship?
  13. How to go with BCA(Bachelor in Computer Application) course after scoring 40% marks in 12th in government school?
  14. Arts stream students are eligible for BCA admission?
  15. Can I study BCA being a 12th Arts student?
  16. Humanities student can get Computer Application as a subject in Xavier's college?
  17. Can I get admission to study BCA then MCA being a 12th PCB candidate? Is there any problem to study in Abroad?
  18. Which stream i should choose between BCA and BBA? List of available colleges in Pune
27th February 2017, 08:00 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a 12th with Art stream study BCA course? Which course I can do along with Computer?

According to the minimum qualification required for BCA degree course is that candidate must have passed 12th in any discipline from recognised board with mathematics as a compulsory subject.
So you are not eligible to pursue BCA after passing your 12th with Arts stream.
You have to choose the degree course according to your subjects.
27th February 2017, 09:02 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a 12th with Art stream study BCA course? Which course I can do along with Computer?

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Application and it is a professional course of three year duration from any recognised university.

You are not eligible to get admission in most of the universities after 12th with Arts stream but there are few in which you can apply for admission.

The basic eligibility to get admission is candidate must have passed 12th with PCM as main paper in 12th.

You can apply for admission in :-

College of Business Studies.

Madurai university.

At the same time you cannot pursue two course in bachelor degree.
27th February 2017, 11:17 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to study BCA course after completion of your 12th standard with Arts stream from a recognised board. Candidates who have passed 12th standard with Mathematics as a subject from a recognised board are eligible to pursue BCA course. Since, you have not pursued Mathematics subject in your 12th standard, you are not eligible to pursue BCA course. You can learn computer languages like C, C++, etc., by taking coaching from best coaching centers to get knowledge on computers.
1st March 2017, 10:18 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir, I have completed 12th with Art stream without Mathematics and got 79% marks. Can I study BCA course? Which course I can do along with Computer?
No, you are not eligible for BCA course.

Candidate should have completed 12th in any stream preferably Science stream with at least 50% marks with Mathematics as one of the subject of studies from a recognized Board are eligible for BCA course.

You can do certification course like C, Java, Oracle.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?