16th June 2016, 02:50 PM
Unregistered

Can a Biology student do BCA course?

Can a Biology student do BCA course? Is it possible? Will that be helpful for my future or not? Provide me your suggestion to take the best option next. Awaiting to get the complete information as soon as possible. Thank you!

18th June 2016, 09:32 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a Biology student do BCA course?

Yes, being a Biology student, you are eligible to do BCA course. Candidates who have completed 12th standard in any stream from a recognised board are eligible to pursue BCA course. You can get direct admission in BCA course on basis of your 12th standard board examinations and some colleges also conducts an entrance examination for offering admission in BCA course to merit candidates of the entrance examination. After completion of your BCA course, you can also pursue your higher studies in MCA course.
18th June 2016, 11:01 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Most of the top universities ask for maths at class 12th level for BCA admission. Hence, if you have studied class 12th with biology and maths then surely you can get admission.

There are some universities like IGNOU which offer admission in BCA to any stream candidates. Hence, if you want admission in a university like IGNOU then surely you are eligible.
18th June 2016, 11:42 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to pursue BCA course provided with if you have completed 12th Class with Mathematics stream. Yes, no matter of pursuing Biology subject at 12th Class level. But make sure you have studied "Mathematics" at your 12th Class in order to pursue this BCA course. As most of the college look for candidates who have completed their 12th Class with Mathematics subject. The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for doing this BCA course is "12th Class" in any discipline in 10+2 pattern from a recognized university.

Yes, if you are really interested in computer's background then I am sure this BCA course gives you good scope to get job or to pursue higher studies. You may pursue,
* Master of Computer Applications (MCA)
* Master of Business Administration (MBA)
* M.Sc (Master of Science)
* Master of Commerce (M.Com)
after successful completion of BCA course.
19th June 2016, 02:51 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can a Biology student do BCA course? Is it possible? Will that be helpful for my future or not? Provide me your suggestion to take the best option next. Awaiting to get the complete information as soon as possible. Thank you!
Sorry, it is not possible to study BCA with Biology subject. The eligibility to study BCA is passing in 10+2 with Mathematics as one of the subjects with the minimum of 50% marks. So if you have studied Mathematics as one of the subjects in 12th standard then you are eligible to study BCA or you are not eligible to study BCA. This is one of the main criteria followed in the admission to BCA course. The duration of the course is 3 years. The course is available in various colleges in India.
19th June 2016, 09:21 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No, Biology candidates are not eligible for BCA course.

If your 12th standard subject is Mathematics or Computer Science, then you are eligible for BCA course.

Your age should be above 16 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?