23rd August 2014, 12:59 AM
Unregistered

Is it compulsory to get bachelor's degree from UGC recognized university to appear in Civil services exam?

I am 12th arts student and want to pursue my further bachelor's degree from abroad university. Is it compulsory to get bachelor's degree from ugc university only for appearing civil service exam? please help.

25th August 2014, 02:14 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it compulsory to get bachelor's degree from UGC recognized university to appear in Civil services exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am 12th arts student and want to pursue my further bachelor's degree from abroad university. Is it compulsory to get bachelor's degree from ugc university only for appearing civil service exam? please help.
Yes, it is necessary that you must complete bachelor degree from a recognized Indian university in order to participate in Civil Service Exam.

Civil Service Exams:-
  • Indian Administrative Service (IAS)
  • Indian Police Service (IPS)
  • Indian Forest Service (IFS)
  • Indian Engineering Service (IES) etc..

Civil Service Examination is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission every year.
  • Applicants who are Indian are eligible.
  • Applicants should have appeared and passed bachelor degree from a recognized university.
  • Final year bachelor degree students are also eligible.
  • Age should be between 21-30 years.
  • Relaxation in upper age limit will be given to OBC candidates up to 03 years, SC/ST candidates up to 05 years.

For more info please visit the official website:- www.upsc.gov.in/

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?