5th October 2011, 08:17 PM
Diyadharan

Am i eligible to appear for civil Services exam in India after doing Bachelors degree in US?

I am doing my bachelors degree in US,am i eligible to appear for civil service exams in india.

6th October 2011, 09:49 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am i eligible to appear for civil Services exam in India after doing Bachelors degree in US?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diyadharan View Post
I am doing my bachelors degree in US,am i eligible to appear for civil service exams in india.
Dear friend,

NO , You are not eligible for CIVIL SERVICE EXAM.

Because those are Indian Citizen are eligible for CIVIL SERVICE EXAM.

But You have done your graduation from US.

The CIVIL SERVICE EXAM is conducted by UPSC in every year.

Those are graduate are applicable for civil service exam.

But your age should be between 21 to 30 years.

Age relaxation is provide 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST candidate.

Thanks
6th October 2011, 12:37 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Am i eligible to appear for civil Services exam in India after doing Bachelors degree in US?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diyadharan View Post
If you are a Indian National then for sure you can write the examination here.
Only thing is you have to get a degree from a recognized University.

and one more thing is that you can apply for the examination from the place where you reside
it may be any part of the world.

The details will be clearly present in the notification what you will get every year.
The notification will be released in the month of Dec last week or Jan first two weeks.

You can get the notification updates in the UPSC Official weblink I think you will not have connectivity of Employment News paper.

For Confirmation about this just Click here

you should also fill the minimum eligible conditions for age i.e., Minimum of 21 years and not exceeding 30 years.

relaxation is for OBC/SC/ST
for OBC three years after the general age limit.
For SC/ST five years after the max age limit

you can attempt only 4 times in the case of General Category.
you can attempt for 7 times if you are OBC Candidate
you can attempt any no. of times if you are a SC/ST upto your max age limit only.

Hope my Post helped you.
for any further doubts you are welcome to Inquire

Regards
6th October 2011, 02:42 PM
sidbond

Default Re: Am i eligible to appear for civil Services exam in India after doing Bachelors degree in US?

(iii) Minimum Educational Qualifications :The candidate must hold a degree of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a university Under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.
Candidates who have appeared at an ex-amination the passing of which would render them educationally qualified for the Commission’s examination but have not been informed of the results as also the candidates who intend to appear at such qualifying examination will also be eligible for admission to the Preliminary Examination.

So you are eligible to appear in the examinations.

For more information , visit Click here
Good luck
Attached Files
File Type: pdf UPSC Brochure.pdf(346.2 KB, 49 views)
10th August 2013, 03:36 AM
Unregistered

private degree is considerd in civil service
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?