23rd August 2014, 12:59 AM
Unregistered

Diploma done after 12th is equivalent to Bachelor degree?

sir i have completed diploma in electrical engineering after 10 2 so is it equivalent to bachelor degree

23rd August 2014, 09:54 PM
futureexpert

Default Re: Diploma done after 12th is equivalent to Bachelor degree?

Dear you did not mention the duration of your diploma that how many minimum years are required to complete that diploma after class 12th that is why I can not say it surely that your diploma is equal to the degree but one more thing is that minimum duration of engineering degree is four year in every single engineering college and as for as my knowledge is concerned about diploma courses of engineering stream that diplomas of engineering streams are not of more than 3 years in duration which is why I would say that diploma is not equivalent to bachelor's degree of engineering.

But there are many job opportunities that you may avail are - SSC - Junior Engineer Exam, NTPC, BHEL, SAIL - Technician jobs etc. so there is no problem in getting job after diploma in electrical engineering but remember that value of your diploma is not equivalent to the degree of Electrical Engineering.

Thank You
24th August 2014, 07:39 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, the diploma course is not equivalent to the bachelor's degree course.

Even if you have completed your diploma after 12th, it will not come under the bachelor degree.

After completing the diploma course, then you can pursue the bachelor degree courses like B.Tech, B.E, etc....
24th August 2014, 11:47 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Diploma is not equivalent to Graduation course. Diploma students get admission into 2nd year of Engineering course and that itself proves that it is not equivalent to Graduation.

So if you want to become a Graduate then, take lateral entry admission into B.Tech 2nd year and after completion you will become a Graduate. That means you have to study at least 3 years more to become a Graduate.

There are many entrance exams conducted for admission for lateral entry into 2nd year. You can apply for it and get a good rank. The top rank holders get admission into a top college. So it is very necessary to study well for the entrance examination. The questions in the entrance exam will be objective type related to physics, chemistry and maths. There will be negative marking for wrong answers.
18th February 2016, 01:44 PM
Unregistered

I have 12th with arts Stream so what would be better for me how can I be elegible as graduate within 1 year is there any posibility
14th August 2016, 08:37 PM
Unregistered

Is diploma after 12 of 2 year duration is equivalent to diploma after 10 of 3 year duration
15th August 2016, 11:20 PM
nayand1234

I am sorry to say but your diploma degree irrespective of the number of years of the course is not equivalent to a graduation degree.
Infact no diploma in any field is equivalent to a graduation stature.
Thus in order to take a post graduation degree you cannot opt for it directly after your diploma but instead have to complete your graduation.
You can join an engineering college directly in the 2nd year upon the completion of your diploma course but the seat allocation for diploma students is very low and as such your score needs to be very high in order to make sure that you get a seat in an engineering college of your choice.
11th May 2017, 06:35 PM
Unregistered

For a better govt. Job or private job , what should i do ?? Should i opt for diploma in mechanical engineering n than b.tech in same or should i go for bachelors degree and than b.tech in mechanical engineering?? ..
15th May 2017, 09:45 PM
A033bhishek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
For a better govt. Job or private job , what should i do ?? Should i opt for diploma in mechanical engineering n than b.tech in same or should i go for bachelors degree and than b.tech in mechanical engineering?? ..
Pursuing engineering after diploma not only get you good jobs but also get you detailed knowledge about that particular stream that you are pursuing.

So in my opinion you must go for diploma and then pursue engineering from the same stream through LEET. LEET stands for Lateral Entry Examination Test.
Which get your admission in 3rd semester of engineering directly.
15th May 2017, 09:53 PM
A033bhishek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is diploma after 12 of 2 year duration is equivalent to diploma after 10 of 3 year duration
Yes. Pursuing 2 year diploma after 12th standard is equivalent to pursuing 3 year diploma after 10th standard.

But if someone has done 3 year diploma than it will counted into after successful completion of engineering from the same stream.
9th June 2017, 02:15 PM
Unregistered

My 12th marks is not eligible to do engineering, so i was suggested to do diploma for 2 yrs and then i am eligible to do engineering. is it a right way? and after completing that all courses do i get engineering certificate?
11th September 2017, 01:08 AM
Unregistered

I have after 2, studied 3 years Diploma in Government Polytechnic in Hotel management and Catering Technology, in Istanbul division, have also passed 1 year PGDM in H. R Management, could into be allowed to study 3 years LLb, for which graduation in an entry qualifications?
13th September 2017, 05:50 PM
sapphire1

No, diploma courses are not equivalent to Bachelor degree. Whatever if you have done diploma after 12th but it it is not equal to a degree course. So, if you want to apply for the degree then you can get admission in 2nd year directly through lateral entry.

As you have done diploma in electrical engineering then you can apply for B.Tech in electrical engineering. And I think it is best for your career. After degree course, you will get a better job and better salary package. After the B.tech you can apply for the job in many companies which are related to your field and there you will get good salary also.

You can also apply for the JEE exam after scoring good marks you can apply for the admission in best college or university. And it is best for your future. You may get a job through campus placement after your B.Tech degree.
30th December 2017, 05:18 AM
Unregistered

Sir I finished my 2 years diploma in culinary arts from European college now I want to take bachelor degree so can I join the college in 5 semester
19th March 2018, 11:01 AM
Unregistered

Sir, I have done diploma (2 years) by electrical and electronics after 12th(PCM).
I want to take admission in B.Tech in CS (compute science)
Is it possible or not...?
26th July 2018, 03:32 AM
Unregistered

Is the 3 year diploma in polytechnic (after 10, 2) is equivalent to the general degree in that discipline? ie. 3 Year diploma in Computer Engineering/Technology (not equivalent to B.Tec) is equivalent to the general Bachelor of Science Degree?
27th July 2018, 06:25 PM
sumalatha.murali

Post Re: Diploma done after 12th is equivalent to Bachelor degree?

Hello,

Diploma is unequivalent to Bachelor degree.

Resons,

Diploma do not cover the course structure as Bachelore degree does.
Diploma has inadequate maths in the syllabus. whereas Bachelor degree covers complete maths syllabus
Bachelor degree is more theoritical and practical which covers depth of subject.

It is always adviced to have Bachelore degree as today many MNC see's it as minimum qualification.
20th January 2019, 11:07 PM
Unregistered

I have done diploma in computer engineering after 12th class. Is it equivalent to bachelor degree or not
15th June 2021, 12:41 AM
Unregistered

There are some 3 years Diploma courses required 12th standard eligibility under the AITCU approval runs by the TNDOTE for Example: 3 years Diploma in Film technology ( Now Announced as 4 years Degree Course by TN Govt. ) admission requires 12th standard and considers equivalent to 3 years Bachelor Degree course. In govt service normal 3 years Diploma engineering candidate for 6 years success full completion of service will considered as equivalent to Degree and 15 years success full service considered as equivalent to B.E/B.Tech.
27th December 2022, 04:30 PM
Unregistered

#19 above page.
Here you have mentioned that a Govt servant having 6 years completed service will be treated as equivalent to degree and 15 years successful service will be equivalent to BE/BTech. Please elaborate. May be send to mail [email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?