1st October 2015, 01:08 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to apply in NIMCET for BCA candidate? Is there any percentage criteria?

Sir/Mam,
Can I apply for NIMCET after completing BCA? And please tell me the eligibility criteria of applying? Does BCA percentage has any matter to do with it?

7th October 2015, 12:43 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to apply in NIMCET for BCA candidate? Is there any percentage criteria?

Yes, there is a percentage criteria you must meet in order to appear in NIMCET Entrance Examination. NIMCET (NIT MCA Common Entrance Examination) is basically conducted fo admission into MCA course in NITs. Yes, you can apply for NIMCET Entrance Examination after completion of BCA Course. The minimum educational qualification required and percentage criteria required are given below.

Minimum Percentage Required:

>> 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA on 10 point scale in order to appear in NIMCET Exam.

Minimum Educational Qualification Required:

>> Candidates from B.E/ B.Tech/ B.Sc/ BCA/ B.Sc (Hons)/ BIT background are eligible to appear in NIMCET Exam.

>> Since you are BCA Graduate, I am sure you are certainly eligible to apply for NIMCET Exam.
3rd August 2016, 06:34 AM
nayand1234

Default Re: Eligibility to apply in NIMCET for BCA candidate? Is there any percentage criteria?

There are 2 eligibility criteria's that can affect your chances of getting into NITs etc. for MCA course via NIMCET.
First of all the minimum age requirement for NIMCET is the age of 21 years old.
You must have a graduation degree but it is important that you must have more than 60% or a CGPA of 6.5 or more on a scale of 10 upon the fail of which you will not be able to appear for the exam.
14th June 2018, 07:51 PM
Unregistered

Sir it is possible or not to get admission in national institute of technology for mca with 55% in bca and 12th(63%) and 10th (78%) and having all India ranking 2637 and 875 category wise ranking
12th March 2019, 06:49 PM
Unregistered

If the student has back on 3sem in bca degree they can apply the nimcet form because the result is awaited . I have 2 backlogs but result is awaited please tell me van I apply the nimcet for mca
14th July 2019, 09:34 AM
Unregistered

I want to know there is no process in NIMCET to get admission in BCA
19th February 2020, 12:52 PM
Unregistered

i am from lpu and i am a bca student and i had maths as a core subject in 2 semesters so can i eligible for the nimcet examination
16th May 2020, 12:33 PM
Unregistered

Mam should we get 6.5cpga on 10scale evvery year at bca to apply for mca
6th June 2020, 06:16 PM
HGK7

The Minimum Percentage Required 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA on 10 point scale in order to appear in NIMCET Exam.Minimum Educational Qualification Required Candidates from B.E/ B.Tech/ B.Sc/ BCA/ B.Sc (Hons)/ BIT background are eligible to appear in NIMCET Exam.Since you are BCA Graduate, you are eligible to apply for NIMCET Exam.
7th June 2020, 06:02 PM
HGK7

Post Re: Eligibility to apply in NIMCET for BCA candidate? Is there any percentage criteria?

Yes, there is a percentage criteria you must meet in order to appear in NIMCET Entrance Examination. NIMCET (NIT MCA Common Entrance Examination) is basically conducted fo admission into MCA course in NITs. Yes, you can apply for NIMCET Entrance Examination after completion of BCA Course.Minimum Percentage Required 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA on 10 point scale in order to appear in NIMCET Exam.Candidates from B.E/ B.Tech/ B.Sc/ BCA/ B.Sc (Hons)/ BIT background are eligible to appear in NIMCET Exam.
27th March 2022, 11:19 AM
Unregistered

I am doing BCA with specialization in Data Analytics am I eligible for NIMCET exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?