2nd January 2016, 04:58 PM
Unregistered

Which graduation course to take if I want to become IPS with 12th PCM?

I have passed 12th class with 70 percent & jee mains with 53 marks. I want to become IPS so which graduation course should I choose. Can you please provide me the information as I need to take the particular course. Thank you!

2nd January 2016, 06:31 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which graduation course to take if I want to become IPS with 12th PCM?

You can take admission in graduation in any of your interested stream to become an IPS officer as the education qualification required to appear in the IPS entrance exam is graduation in any stream with minimum of 55% marks. My suggestion to you is that you should make sure that your institute/university must be well recognizes ad affiliated otherwise you will not be eligible for the IPS exam even after completion of your graduation. No backlog in graduation in allowed for IPS entrance exam.
2nd January 2016, 09:42 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which graduation course to take if I want to become IPS with 12th PCM?

You can opt for any course in Graduation even if you are interested to become an IPS officer. Candidates who have completed Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognised university are eligible to apply for IPS examination. Since, you have completed your 12th standard with PCM stream, I suggest you to pursue B.E/B.Tech course for pursuing Graduation course. After completion of your Graduation course, you can apply for IPS examination.
2nd January 2016, 10:50 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

I.P.S stands for Indian Police Service and to become an I.P.S Officer you have to appear as well as qualify in Civil Service examination.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed graduation from any recognised university.

Candidate's age must be between 21-32 years and relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

So, you need to pursue graduation degree to appear for examination. There is no limitation on aggregate and discipline of graduation to appear for examination.

More information about examination is available at http://www.upsc.gov.in.
6th January 2016, 11:13 AM
Gobinda Sen

IPS means Indian Police Service.

You must have passed Graduation from any recognized university with any stream,after that you can apply for IPS.

Eligibility criteria for IPS :

candidate should be an Indian Citizen.

Candidate should be a Graduated(with 55% marks).

Age Limit ;

Age is between 21 to 30years for general candidate.

ST/SC gets 5 years age relaxation.

OBC gets 3 years age relaxation.

Selection Process for IPS Exam :

1,Preliminary test

2,Main exam

3,Personal Interview

So,If you are interested for IPS,then you take admission for Graduation with any stream. this is best for you.

thank you.
16th January 2016, 01:09 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

IPS stands for Indian Police Service Which is conducted through UPSC every year , the candidates have to appear civil service exam .

The eligibility criteria for this exam :

*The candidates should be a citizen Of India.
*The Candidates should be a graduate in any discipline from a recognize university.
The final year students can also apply for this exams.
*The age limit is 21 - 30 years.
There is a age relaxation for SC/ST & OBC candidates.

The physical details require for IPS Officers :

Physical requirement:

Height :–

Male 165 cm & ST (not the SC/ OBC) – 160 cm

Female 150 cm & ST (not SC/ OBC)- 145 cm

Chest :–

Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm.

Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm.

Eye sight :–

6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye.

6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye.

For more details visit website of UPSC.http://www.upsc.gov.in
15th February 2016, 10:49 PM
anuradha1985

For IPS candidate should be graduate in any stream from any recognized university.Age should be in between 21 to 30 years.There is age relaxation for SC/ST/OBC candidates.
so, you can choose any subject .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?