24th July 2019, 12:08 PM
Unregistered

How to get admission to study BTech in IIT?

Hello everyone, I want to study BTech. In present I am studying in 12th standard with PCM. I would like to know that how can I get admission in IIT of any branch to do BTech course? Please help me to know about this asap.

27th July 2019, 05:43 PM
ppsahu
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get admission to study BTech in IIT?

In order to get admission to study BTech in IIT, first of all you have to qualify 12th standard with PCM with at least 75% marks (65% in case of SC ST candidates) from a recognized institute. Then you have to apply for JEE main entrance exam. If you qualify JEE main with a valid rank, then you have to appear in the JEE advanced. If you obtain a valid rank in JEE advanced, you can get admission in any of the IITs on the basis of your rank and followed by counselling.
27th July 2019, 07:22 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

IIT refers to Indian Institute of Technology and IIT's are premier technical colleges of India.

Further, for getting admission in IIT for pursuing Bachelor of Technology degree course in any discipline, you are required to qualify the both stages of JEE (Joint Entrance Examination) i.e; JEE Mains followed by JEE Advanced.

For more details regarding JEE, you can refer to the link www.jeemain.nic.in or www.jeeadv.ac.in.
27th July 2019, 09:13 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You need to crack JEE Mains and Advanced with an excellent score to get admission at IIT. The final score is based on the performance in the entrance exam and also your class 12th board exam marks. Hence, you must score excellent marks in class 12th too.

You can prepare for the entrance exam according to the syllabus and paper pattern of the JEE along with your class 12th studies. Only excellent marks can help you get admission at IIT in any B.Tech stream.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?