7th May 2015, 09:02 AM
Unregistered

Is there any possibility to improve my graduation marks to do Ph.D course?

Sir/Mam,

I have completed my graduation with 49% from kumaun university.then i completed my post graduation from msc math with 72%. now i wanted to pursue phd but i feel due to my less grades in graduation i may not be applicable to that..is it compulsory that one shuld hve 50% in graduation for higher education..sir is there any way that i can improve my graduation marks now..? so that i can pursue higher education..

Related Questions:
  1. Can I do Ph.D after MCA with less than 60% marks in Graduation and intermediate?
  2. Is it possible for me to do Ph.D if I have less than 60% in 12th?
  3. Can I improve my marks in graduation? I did my graduation 5 years back from DU
  4. Possibility to do PhD in Fine Arts/Folklore without NET for a candidate who has secured 54.125% in M.A.?
  5. Possibility to pursue PhD in Biochemistry and Dietetics?
  6. Is it necessary to secure 50% in Graduation to study PhD?
  7. What is Integrated PhD? Duration of Integrated PhD? is it more preferable then doing MSc and PhD separately? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Can I improve my marks in graduation?
  9. Which course can I do after completing my 12th standard
  10. How can i increase my graduation marks within an year without repeating it again in order to get eligible for entrance exams?
  11. Can I do Post Graduation again to improve my score and be eligible for Ph.D having actually secured 55% in Post Graduation?
  12. Whether should I do graduation degree of one year or of three years?
  13. Can I get admission to study PhD in Chemistry if secured 4093 rank in GATE being a SC candidate?
  14. Possibility to do PhD for a candidate who is working as a Senior Conservator in Indira Gandhi National Centre for Arts after completing Post Graduation?
  15. Either I do a new B.Com in one year or complete three years?
  16. Integrated PhD has more value than PhD done after M.Sc? Duration of course and good universities for it?
  17. How can I go for PhD in Mathematics after 12th? Duration of course? In how many streams can I do PhD?
  18. Is there any scope if I do PhD in Bioinformatics from India? Procedure and mark required for admission in Abroad? Can I get scholarship?
7th May 2015, 04:45 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any possibility to improve my graduation marks to do Ph.D course?

No, I am sorry to say that there is no way now to improve your graduation marks now.

Look dear, it is not mentioned anywhere that one should have scored a minimum of 50% marks in graduation to be able to pursue higher studies, but nowadays keeping in mind the competition level many Institutes have kept their minimum required marks in graduation above 50%.

Therefore, you should not get demoralised and should look for Institutes which may offer admission to you with your marks and then probably you can opt for Ph.D course. As, improving your graduation marks now is not possible in any manner.
7th May 2015, 10:24 PM
taherrocks
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is there any possibility to improve my graduation marks to do Ph.D course?

I would like to tell you something, as you have completed your graduation as well as post graduation, so you are not eligible for appearing your graduation again and you cannot give any improvement paper for it also, so if you want to appear for graduation then you have to reappear for graduation from other university and that will again take minimum three years to complete, so there is no other way that you can give your improvement papers again.
8th May 2015, 01:07 AM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

I have completed my graduation with 49% from kumaun university.then i completed my post graduation from msc math with 72%. now i wanted to pursue phd but i feel due to my less grades in graduation i may not be applicable to that..is it compulsory that one shuld hve 50% in graduation for higher education..sir is there any way that i can improve my graduation marks now..? so that i can pursue higher education..
Well, No need to improve your Graduation marks. You are eligible for PhD course after completing M.Sc Mathematics with 72% of marks. Normally, Graduation marks are not taking consideration for PhD course. Those candidates who have completed their Master degree course 55% in relevant specialization are eligible to apply for apply for PhD course. Since, you are completed M.Sc Mathematics course with 72% percentage of marks so you are eligible for PhD course for sure.

The qualification needed for applying PhD is a Master degree in relevant specialization with 55% of marks from a recognized university. The candidate has to NET/SLET exam for getting admissions for a PhD through reputed universities.

The application forms are provided in the counter office of a particular university. Forms are also available in the official website of the respective university. You can download the application form from the official website of the respective university with the prescribed fees.
8th May 2015, 09:35 AM
Cisco India

Smile Re: Is there any possibility to improve my graduation marks to do Ph.D course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

No dear, this is not even written in LAW that if you have not secured 50% then you are not eligible for the Higher Education. yes, you might face some difficulties. For PhD Degree you must have 50% of the minimum in your Graduation, if not then you can take correspondence degree.
8th May 2015, 05:02 PM
pjgp

sorry,
There is no possibility now to improve your graduation marks.If you want to improve your marks then you have to study graduation again.But here you waste 3 year.so,don't worry as you have already studied post graduation.Don't worry and apply for PhD.
10th May 2015, 11:40 AM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

Hi sorry to say that once you completed you course i.e graduation and post gradution,there is no chance for improvement of marks. Percentage does not matter.if the person is rich in subjects then you can face the any compitive exam.knowledge always stays within you.coming towards phd plan.yes there are certain research field which sees your knowledge.if you go with entrance exam like GATE,CSIR etc then definitely % criteria do matter.dont lose hope.keeps trying.nothing wrong in that.good luck :-)
10th July 2018, 11:49 AM
Unregistered

I have secured 53 percentage in post graduation I want to improve my percentage. What shall I do?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?