26th September 2015, 06:49 PM
Unregistered

What is the procedure followed to become an IAS Officer after completion of graduation course?

Dear Sir/Mam,

Please advise me the best way how can i become a IAS officer . I had complete my graduation? What should I do next now in order to get the position as IAS officer? Can you please give me the complete information which I have to follow up to become an IAS officer?

26th September 2015, 10:00 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is the procedure followed to become an IAS Officer after completion of graduation course?

To become an IAS officer, you need to crack the Civil Service Examination Which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. This years examination has been already completed. Next notification will be published in the month of March or April in the official website of UPSC as Well as Employment News Paper.

Eligibility Criteria:

You should have completed graduate degree course in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. You must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years as on 1st August of the year of examination. Upper age limits are applicable for reserved categories. Final year of degree course may also apply.

Selection Process:

-> Preliminary Examination
-> Main Examination
-> Personal Interview

Prelims: Objective Type Questions (You have to clear two papers)
Main: Descriptive Type Questions

More details, visit the official website: UPSC !!!
26th September 2015, 10:38 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure followed to become an IAS Officer after completion of graduation course?

To become an IAS (Indian Administrative Services) officer after completion of your Graduation course, you must have to appear in Indian Civil Services examination which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UOSC) every year. Eligibility criteria required to appear in IAS examination is mentioned below :-

1. Nationality :- Indian

2. Educational Qualification :- Graduation or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university.

3. Age Limit :- 21-30 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.

4. Physical Standards :- Must be Physically fit.

Selection Process :-
1. Written Test
2. Personal Interview

By qualifying in all rounds of IAS examination, you can join in Indian Administrative Services (IAS).
26th September 2015, 11:02 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir/Mam,

Please advise me the best way how can i become a IAS officer . I had complete my graduation? What should I do next now in order to get the position as IAS officer? Can you please give me the complete information which I have to follow up to become an IAS officer?
You must take part in Civil Service entrance exam, which is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) in order to become a IAS officer. The Civil Service Examination is divided into three levels such as, Preliminary Exam, Main Exam and Interview. The Important notification regarding Civil Service exam updated in the official website and also published in reputed news paper as well.

Official website - www.upsc.gov.in/
27th September 2015, 01:16 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands for the Indian Administrative Services and to become an officer you have to qualify in the civil services examination.

You are eligible to appear for the examination after completion of the graduation degree from the recognised university. The required qualification to appear for the examination is candidates must have passed the graduation from the recognised university age must be between the 21-32 years.

The application form for the examination is released every in the month of May and candidates have to qualify in all the three stages of the examination for the final selection for the job. The candidates after qualifying in all the stages and attains the top rank are only eligible for the recruitment as an IAS officer.
27th September 2015, 06:03 PM
AA 12345
Senior Member+

After the Completion of graduation directly you can apply for IAS exam.

Indian Administrative Service (IAS) examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) every year.

There is no certain percentage of Marks, you need to Score at least Minimum passing Marks in the Graduation to become eligible for IAS Examination.

Just focus on IAS Coaching.

Choose best coaching institute and Prepare well for IAS.

Put your best on that from the best day onwards then only you can get the good result.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
Candidate must be a Citizen of India.
Candidates must hold a Bachelor's Degree in relevant Discipline from the Recognized university/ Institution.
Candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must have not attained the age of 32 years.
Age Relaxation is provided for SC/ST/OBC Category Candidates as per Government Rules.
As you have completed your Graduation you are Eligible to appear for IAS examination.

Selection process for IAS exam:

1) Preliminary test
2) Mains exam
3 )Personal interview
For more details about IAS exam please visit to official website www.upsc.gov.in
30th September 2015, 03:31 PM
vinoth1921

-->During the next year January/ February , a notification is released for Civil Service aspiratnts.
-->Register the application and join a course which is very good.
-->You cannot clear it in the first time itself, if it is then you preparation was quite good that you cracked in the first time. But usually it takes some experience to clear that exam.
-->UPSC conducts many exams like Civil Service(IAS/ IPS/ IFS etc.) for Civil service aspirants.
-->CDS is conducted twice in a year for the posts like Executive, Engineers etc. which helps you to get into Defense services.

Eligibility for UPSC Service
-Citizen of India
-Should be a Graduate with Minimum 65%.(Relaxation is there for reserve candidates)
-Age Limit - 21-30 yrs
-Some post require Physical qualifications.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?