16th April 2015, 01:37 AM
Unregistered

Which will be most preferred field for graduation to become an IAS Officer?

Which will be most preferred field for graduation to become an IAS Officer? currently am doing 12th standard now and I just want to confirm with you all for the same. Also if possible can someone let me know what type of graduation you would suggest me to take now?

16th April 2015, 10:06 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which will be most preferred field for graduation to become an IAS Officer?

You can pursue any Graduation course in a field in which you are interested, pursuing a Graduation course in a particular field does not matter to become an IAS officer. To be eligible to become an IAS officer, you need to appear in IAS examination which requires the minimum educational qualification of Graduation degree or equivalent from a recognised university. Eligibility criteria required to appear in IAS examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have completed Bachelor's degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university.

3. You must be in between 21-30 years of age. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.

4. You must be Physically and Mentally fit.

You can pursue your Graduation in B.E/B.Tech/B.Com/B.Sc. course to be eligible to appear in IAS examination.
1st September 2015, 09:50 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which will be most preferred field for graduation to become an IAS Officer?

sir i am first year engineering student and i want to become ias officier .so,i decide to left engineering and doing bsc math.so, doing bsc i will simultaneously doing study of upsc exam. which is good plz send fast reply
29th September 2015, 11:38 PM
vinoth1921

-->You can do any Graduation for writing Civil Service exam conducted by UPSC every year.
-->B.A. History will be the good option if you are looking for IAS as it deals with History, Economics which makes you comfortable for Administrative posts.
-->It is again a 3 year course which will not be so tough, so you can prepare for IAS exam during you college days itself. You will have ample time for preparation.
-->After B.A, You can do 2 years of Law (B.L.) so that you also have a good knowledge about India and surroundings.
-->Engineering also a good option, but it takes 4 years to complete this course and to complete engineering itself , you have to put lot more effort, so you will not have leisure time for preparation. But In addition to Civil Service, you can also try for IES, which is one of the exam posts you at superior position in Government sector.

Eligibility
-Should be Citizen if India
-Should be a Graduate ith minimal of 65%.
-Age Limit - 21-30 years
3rd September 2016, 03:19 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am engineering student 3rd year .I want to get a government job in bank field. So it is possible please reply immediatelyl
3rd September 2016, 03:19 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am engineering student 3rd year .I want to get a government job in bank field. So it is possible please reply immediatelyl
11th September 2016, 01:05 PM
saikat_samudra
Member+

You take any subject in graduation , that will not effect in Civil Service exam
But in the case of Civil service exam History, Pol.Sc and Economics are the batter subject .
Eligibility Criteria:
  1. Citizen of India
  2. Must be Graduated from any recognized university
  3. Age limit :21-30 Years
10th April 2017, 04:08 PM
Unregistered

Sir , Recently I have given 12th board examination.
I want to became an IAS officer. Nowadays I am in a dilemma that which graduation course is suitable and beneficial for civil service exam .
7th May 2017, 11:07 PM
Unregistered

Sir now I give 12 hsc examination. I want to became an ias officer
So which degree /graduation should I do to give more time for ias preparation Which degree is beneficial for preparation of ias
20th February 2018, 08:00 PM
Unregistered

My ambition is become an IAS officer but I don't know which subject prefer in degree. BA.HEP and Bsc. Environment science are chooses
20th April 2018, 04:54 PM
Unregistered

I am doing MBBS 1st year. After finished MBBS I wish to become an IAS officer. Is it easy or difficult?
9th May 2019, 08:39 AM
Unregistered

Sir, Recently I have given 12th board examination. I want to became an IAS officer. Nowadays I am in a dilemma that which graduation course is suitable and beneficial for civil service exam .
12th May 2019, 02:35 PM
triptiiet
Senior Member+++++

You can do any Graduation for writing Civil Service exam conducted by UPSC every year.
B.A. will be the good option if you are looking for IAS .

B.A is of 3 year course which will not so tough, so you can prepare for IAS exam during you college days.

Engineering also a good option, but it takes 4 years to complete this course After Engineering you can also try for I.E.S, which is one of the best exam.

Final year students can also apply

For appearing in I.A.S exam you must be Citizen if India

Should be a Graduate with minimum of 50%.

Minimum age should be 21-30 years
26th September 2020, 09:20 AM
Unregistered

How can I go for IAS I am from bcom field
graduated
25th September 2021, 12:08 AM
Minal F

For IAS Candidates must have a graduation degree in any stream from a recognized university.

AGE LIMIT:

MINIMUM 21 YEARS AND MAXIMUM 32 YEARS
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?