1st September 2014, 12:37 AM
Unregistered

Being an ECE student should I do training in Software or Electronics streams?

Hello sir
i am from ec branch,i want to do training course but i am confused about whether i should do training in software or electronics,since there is a downfall in ec branch,pls help me.

5th September 2014, 01:57 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Being an ECE student should I do training in Software or Electronics streams?

Being an ECE student, you can take training in software or electronics course of your interest. If you are interested to do a job in electronics field, then it is best to the training in electronics course.

Since you have said that there is a downfall in the ECE branch, then you can take training the software course.

Don't confuse, take the training in the course whether a software or electronics in which you are interested.
15th September 2014, 12:54 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Being an ECE student should I do training in Software or Electronics streams?

First of all, speaking about the current job conditions. The job sector of the engineering aspirants lies in the hands of IT sector. IT sector is the major recruiting field. Electronics in India is still in its infant stage since we do not have a single fab lab till now. The companies in India in electronics sector are limited and recruit very less candidates, mostly of which are from Tier-1 institutes of the country which involves IITs and NITs.

Hence it is recommendable that you pursue training in the software domain preferably Java, Android or DotNet which are the most demanding fields in the software domain. This will help you to get jobs in the software companies. And side by side prepare for the GATE exam to enhance the core knowledge based on which you can go for the core companies and PSUs. You can do the training in companies like Hp, Globsyn, HCL or go for global certification courses from Microsoft and Oracle which are usually of 30 days.

In the winter vacations, you can go for training in the companies of your domain to get an experience in your domain. You can do training in BSNL by pursuing course on Advanced Telecom or Doordarshan or PSUs. Then in the summer vacations of next year you can go for internship to get a work experience.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?